Do ouija Boards really work?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 KristinaMarie

KristinaMarie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies, spending time with my friends, meeting new people, "ghost hunting", and just having fun!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:04 PM

Ok I havent used an Ouija Board, but I want to and I'm about to buy but before I do. I need to know if they really work and please tell me about your experience. PLease and thank you!!!!!
-Living on the edge

#2 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

Some people believe they're dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Others, like myself, tried it years ago as a child and nothing happened. What are your intentions with it? If you are going to buy one, "just to see if I can contact any spirits" then don't. There are more stories of something allegedly happening to those who play with the game than there are stories like mine. Chances are better than good that you don't know what you're doing and will bite off way more than you can chew. Then what will that accomplish?
Posted Image

#3 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

They work! Stay away from the board! trust me and don't use it! Not unless you want a house guest with you! It's a very bad way to communicate with the past. Try a voice recorder! :weeee: Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#4 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:42 PM

I'm going to lay my personal bias against them aside and say this: its never wise to use a tool that you don't know how to control

I'm not bashing any GVer who uses them in an investigation, I'm talking about just those who are drunk and or bored and think "Hey! Let's talk to great Uncle Angus!" you're just not guarenteed to get the person you call and sometimes that can be disasterous
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#5 babalon1919

babalon1919

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:25 AM

i think the main thing is to NOT BE AFRAID
and don't do the Ouija board with anyone else who might be afraid or anxious

i've not had extensive experience with them, but enough to convince me that there is something to it
i already had communications with a relative, and i felt him, distinctly, when i asked a question or two - and there was only love and good things coming from him to me
and the girl who was with me, on the board, seemed to be connecting to her own grandma who had crossed over not too long before we tried it

i've heard some scary stories about bad experiences, and also good ones

so, like i said, i think the most important thing is what you feel, already, inside yourself
"set and setting" is everything, i think, also in the spiritual realm and between here and there

attitude
attitude
attitude!

:D
Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. [Kahlil Gibran]

#6 Daveofspades

Daveofspades

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

Sometimes they don't, sometimes they do too well.

#7 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:50 PM

It's hard to tell. If your using it with more than one person you never know if their moving it.... I've used one on my own before and it worked, but I don't intend to do it again after all the things I've heard that have gone wrong with them, so I don't suggest buying one.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you don’t believe it’s true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#8 gigskitsap

gigskitsap

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

These ouija boards are a big "no no" for a few reasons. The big one is that these are not scientific tools. Meaning that there is no control to the experiment. While many say they can be used to talk to the past; there's no way to tell if you and any one else is moving it. Another reason is that these boards have been said to open flood gates to non-human entities. While many of us investigators have never run across a non-human(thank goodness); others that have can tell you that it's not like the movies. So having said that use your brain and know that the ouija "tool" you select may not be the right one for the job.

Happy Hunting,
Noelle
(GIGS co-founder)

Girls Investigating Ghosts and the Supernatural was founded in October 2008 and currently consists of 5 members. G.I.G.S. is a group of young women who's curiosity surpassed the standards of the question, "What's out there?"We are in the Greater-Seattle area and will travel to just about anywhere.If you live locally to Kitsap County and you have a home or a location you'd like our team to investigate, please send us a message, or email us at G.I.G.S.Kitsap@gmail.com and we will do our best to help you in any way we can.www.myspace.com/gigskitsap

#9 RPMayette

RPMayette

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

I used a Ouija board in college with two other seekers. That was 13 years ago, and I haven't used one since. I know that it was definitely working because we kept getting the same (for lack of a better word) “personality,” which gave us its name. I know the 2 other people weren’t moving it because the planchette would almost double in speed whenever I was touching it, and I certainly wasn’t consciously moving it myself. It would boot out other voices that were coming through, even when we told it to please let others speak. I have no idea whether or not it was inhuman, or whether non-human is necessarily bad. It did ask a very personal question to me at one point, one that I was not expecting.

I want to say that this experience was all just part of my own subconscious mind, but it did successfully predict the name of the woman I would marry (I had asked). Our two month anniversary was just a few days ago. But then, her name also happens to be the same name of an imaginary friend I had fabricated in my childhood. So, I can’t tell whether or not it was “real” or a subconscious event. It was certainly… something. I wouldn’t recommend the experience to others unless they were willing to encounter a… something. It is definitely not a device to communicate with a specific deceased loved one in mind.

#10 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

I've used a ouija board once or twice before. Of course they were just out of boredum and we asked it the stupidest questions, altough, as soon as we began using it the second time, we had no direct responce. About five minutes after we put it away, the rocking chair in the back of the room began swaying back and forth, the sink turned on and off by itself, and the room got extremely cold.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you don’t believe it’s true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#11 PhenomInvestigator

PhenomInvestigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

The Ouija board seems to be a way to demonstrate some physical and psychological effects as much as anything else. If people are unconsciously moving the planchette, it is a demonstration of ideomotor effect. If there are no micromovements, it could be a demonstratio of psychokinesis on a minor level. While it is possible that discarnates are indeed moving the planchette, the extent of their involvement (if any) is likely constrained to making information available to the mind of one the participants which is then conveyed to the board in one of these two ways. Using the Ouija may free one or more participants to experience things (or hallucinate things) they might not otherwise.
Anomalous Phenomena is Unexplained not ImpossiblePsi is Subtle not AbsoluteAnything is possible, it's all a matter of Probability---------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users