Ouija similar to internet

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:07 AM

Hello,

It occurred to me while finishing a demonologist book on the Warrens that the internet is very similar to the Ouija board. When you go into a chat board, your intention can be to make new friends. However, you don't really know who you're talking to. The other person can tell you anything they want and send you pictures of anyone they want you to think they are.

In general these interactions can lead to friendships, or you can cut the communication and focus on meeting other people. What about the instances we read where an actual phone number and address is given out that leads to subsequent harrassment, and even assault?

When you give out personal information to someone you don't know well, you're giving them permission to find you, just like giving an entity permission to inhabit an object or materialize for you can open up a nasty can of worms that isn't easily, and in some cases permanently, fixed.

In my experiences with the Ouija board over the years, I had some conversations through the board with various entities, but none negative. I believe I was protected by spirit friends, and I have a baloney meter that is fairly healthy (thanks to years of being picked on my four older brothers).

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#2 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:38 AM

Interesting topic, Carlotta.

I like wht you have said here, even though I am not convinced that people are actually contacting spirits with Ouija boards.

If you will allow me to spin it a little, I have a question.

Has anyone ever felt like they have, or heard stories of other people contacting spirits through the internet?

We have all heard the stories of phantom phone calls. What about phantom Emails, or even forum posts? If not, can that sort of account be very far away?

Regards, Canis

Edited by Caniswalensis, 14 September 2009 - 10:38 AM.

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#3 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:09 AM

I like wht you have said here, even though I am not convinced that people are actually contacting spirits with Ouija boards.

Has anyone ever felt like they have, or heard stories of other people contacting spirits through the internet?

We have all heard the stories of phantom phone calls. What about phantom Emails, or even forum posts? If not, can that sort of account be very far away?

I'm not saying that we contact spirits over the internet. I'm comparing the safety of each, which I find very similar. If a spirit can control a phone, then it would make sense that they could use email or text messaging. Perhaps few of them have thought of it yet? Even the spirit world must be constantly battling to understand and use new technology like we are.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#4 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:39 AM

I'm not saying that we contact spirits over the internet. I'm comparing the safety of each, which I find very similar. If a spirit can control a phone, then it would make sense that they could use email or text messaging. Perhaps few of them have thought of it yet? Even the spirit world must be constantly battling to understand and use new technology like we are.

Carlotta

Hi Carlotta,

I absolutely did not mean to imply that you were saying we contact spirits over the internet. That is why I said: "If you will allow me to spin it a little, I have a question." because I was taking it in a different direction than you. For some reason, that sentence does not show up in your quote of my post. Weird.

Anyway, I agree that if spirits can control phones, they should be able to do the same with the internet. i was hoping someone would have heard a story or two to that effect already. I am sure that they can't be far way. :)

Regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#5 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:14 AM

I absolutely did not mean to imply that you were saying we contact spirits over the internet.

I know, but in case others reading the posts misunderstood the meaning of my post, I wanted to clarify. I do edit what I quote sometimes so that it doesn't clutter up my answer. Sometimes I edit too much.

Carlotta

#6 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:22 AM

I absolutely did not mean to imply that you were saying we contact spirits over the internet.

I know, but in case others reading the posts misunderstood the meaning of my post, I wanted to clarify. I do edit what I quote sometimes so that it doesn't clutter up my answer. Sometimes I edit too much.

Carlotta

OH! I getcha! Whirly Dude

Back on topic, I have been thinking about what you said. Assuming for the sake of arguement that spirits exist and can be contacted with a Ouija board, I agree they are similar. However, I think the internet is way more dangerous!

Regards, Canis

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:21 PM

Assuming spirts in the context mentioned even exist, my thoughts on this are that it would be much easier to manipulate a board than to communicate via internet. Consider the ouija board simply requires a basic force be applied to cause a message to be displayed or spelled out. All that is required is to have a basic understanding of how to spell words and what is expected to cause a message to be read.

However unless one makes the assumption that such a message is also typed out by the spirit via a keyboard, it would require a complex understanding of ascii code and bainary logic. The reason is that each letter is represented in a computer by the binary data (ascii code) related to a particular letter, not the letter itself. For a spirit to send such a message into a computer requires that it encode the message in this format. The computer will not recognize anything not properly formatted.

In addition, nless acomputer was being properly manipulated on the sending end, the use of a browser would also be needed to convert from ascii to unix in order for intermediate servers on the net to function properly. So now we need a double conversion process, extremely unlikely.

About the only way a spirit might be able to manipulate the computer would be for it actually cause key hits on someone else's keyboard while already connected to the net. Only in this manner might our hypothetical spirit be able to send a message via internet.since the only operation it would need is akin to the oouija board, simple physical movement of the desired keys. Of course the operator of the computer might also see his keys mysteriously being pressed and that in itself would definitely qualify as paranormal!

#8 MrVoodoo

MrVoodoo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

Interesting post.

I've often thought that Google is a little like a Ouija board, you ask it questions, and it gives you answers.
DARE YOU PLAY? - Free Online Ouija BoardPosted Image

#9 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:47 AM

Interesting post.

I've often thought that Google is a little like a Ouija board, you ask it questions, and it gives you answers.

And like the Ouija, some of the answers are obscure and have nothing to do with what you're trying to learn.

#10 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:47 AM

~I'm waaaay to nervous to experiment with a Ouija board, and I saw a post on here recently that there was a websight that had a virtual Ouija board. I just don't think it's a good idea either way unless you're way experienced in the white light and guarding yourself in potentially bad spirits...but either way I'm a chicken when it comes to using both types of communication with the spirit world.

I've heard of people getting in touch with spirits through the Ouija, but there's always that "how do you know that people aren't the ones moving the piece"? It's just a chance I can't afford to take.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#11 THE MESSENGER

THE MESSENGER

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:24 AM

Greetings,
Ouija boards are real and you are right to stay away from them. Also 'Magic 8 Balls' and other things that are supposed to tell the future and connect you to the spirit world.

When people try to contact others that have passed on or consult those who supposedly 'speak to the dead', they are conjuring up demonic spirits who will speak to them. Once the door is open to the demon spirits, they take authority and power over the person and gradually, if not immediately, begin to wreck the persons life.

It's not a funny matter. People everyday participate in sťances and soon see bad things begin to happen to them and wonder why. When you open the door to evil, it will have NO problem walking in!

2Chronicles 33:6 in the Bible speaks about a man who participated in such saying, "He sacrificed his sons in the fire in the Valley of Ben Hinnom, practiced sorcery, divination and witchcraft, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the eyes of the Lord, provoking him to anger."

Think about it... if you make God mad at you, who else do you have to protect you in your time of need when you are faced with a situation you can't fight with your hands or defeat with a weapon?

Bottom line, make Jesus Christ first in your life and you won't regret it.

Sincerely,

THE MESSENGER

#12 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:19 AM

~I'm waaaay to nervous to experiment with a Ouija board, and I saw a post on here recently that there was a websight that had a virtual Ouija board. I just don't think it's a good idea either way unless you're way experienced in the white light and guarding yourself in potentially bad spirits...but either way I'm a chicken when it comes to using both types of communication with the spirit world.

I've heard of people getting in touch with spirits through the Ouija, but there's always that "how do you know that people aren't the ones moving the piece"? It's just a chance I can't afford to take.

LaurieAnn, I have seen that website for the interactive ouija board and it's not really a game. Just a 'shuffle' the answer thing, sort of like that card trick email that was going around a few years back. I don't know how it works, not being a technogeek, but it's just a random selection for the answer. It's amusing, nothing more.

I've used the ouija board, but not for some time now. It's just too draining of my energy. I don't use tools for contacting Spirit and am less tired after giving a reading or healing. I only have one person who still requests the board and since they are a long time friend, I drag it out for them. Luckily for me, they don't request a reading very often!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#13 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

`lol, you're right Redhead.....I guess I just get paranoid about anything that has to do with the Ouija....Imma chicken and a big one at that. But thank you, I forgot about the "shuffling" thing and as soon as I read your response, I had to chuckle at myself & to remind me that I *really do* need to think about switching to decaf.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#14 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:19 AM

One could also say that talking or interacting with just any person could be exhausting or lead to deception. Those we can see can deceive us, as well as enlighten us.

In general we believe what we can see and judge others based on what we see. With the Ouija, one has to use other senses to detect a deceptive or dangerous being.

In this topic, I just want to point out that when we deal with people over the internet, we can't see them and have to use other senses to detect deception and trickery. I'm always careful about how much personal information I give, and I would never publish my phone number or extra-private email address in the public internet forum.

With the Ouija board, you don't know who you are dealing with. There are nice spirits, as well as evil spirits, but I would not assume that any of them know the 'secrets of the universe'. They probably know a little bit more than me because they have access to the thoughts of others and me up to a certain point.

I've used the board with no horribly negative effects. You might say I was just lucky. Maybe. Maybe I have been careful enough to avoid the 'wrong element' from the other side. As with the living, the 'passed on' types can also tell you what you want to hear to get you to be their friend. When I found I was in contact with one via the board, I told him that friends don't do that to each other and that I would no longer have anything to do with him.

#15 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

Whether it be a Ouija or the Internet, its all about the "intent." JMO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users