Home phone calling itself

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends, computers, electronics and of course anything paranormal, especially spirits of any kind.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

On the 14th of September, my youngest daughter's birthday our home phone called itself. The number showing is our home number and the time is 5:27pm. How is this possible and what could be possible explanations?

Edited by simman, 16 September 2009 - 11:25 PM.

simman

#2 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:20 PM

Technical glitch of some sort, perhaps the phone company was sending test pulses that your phone picked up.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#3 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:15 PM

I agree, Sim you can always call to confirm that:)
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#4 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:29 AM

If you have another phone maybe you can switch it with the one that's calling itself and wait and observe if the same phenomena occurs.

#5 Haunted_Ship

Haunted_Ship

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in music, art, history, psychology, ghosts (obviously), ufo research and native american history

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

I would contact the phone company and see if they can check on their testing activity on that date, see if it was them. If it happens again, I might get it checked into as something 'human', not paranormal.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert FrostYou gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded, is another step forward." [b] Thomas Edison

#6 seekeroftruth

seekeroftruth

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

On the 14th of September, my youngest daughter's birthday our home phone called itself. The number showing is our home number and the time is 5:27pm. How is this possible and what could be possible explanations?

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago on my grandmothers death date. It was the exact time of her death, it was a brand new phone, possibly a glitch, but how can it be a glitch to be the right time of death and date? Weird, but interesting none the less.
Mr. Meant-to has a friend, his name is Didn't-Do. Have you met them? They live together in a house called Never-Win. And I am told that it is haunted by the Ghost of Might-have-Been. Marva Collin

#7 winter_harmony

winter_harmony

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Reading, listening to music, video games, spending time with family, mma.

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

Something similar had happened to me. My caller ID had showed the house number but the phone hadn't even rang that day.

#8 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:59 PM

Years ago, during the advent of fiber optics, in the town in which I lived, you could actually call your own phone with a three digit number. All you had to do is pick up the phone and dial the code. When you heard three beeps you simply hung up and wait for the phone to ring back. The phone company had this for customers who wished to test their own service. I don't know if phone companies have anything like that nowadays.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users