Childhood

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 adkfred

adkfred

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

As a child I often had two visitors at my bedside. One I belive was my mother who died when I was a year old and the other was an old native american man. I'm not sure if they stopped visiting or I just stopped seeing them.

#2 Neko

Neko

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Photography, Warhammer 40k, helping as much people as I can.

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:20 AM

Well, I do know that while growing older people tend to forget how, or loose the ability to perceive extraplanar phenomena.

I would try to revisit the memory from those encounters and ask myself, how did it make me feel? Scared, calm, at peace, terror etc...

I'm not quite versed at those things but some relaxation before going to bed would never hurt I think, it might at best in the long run allow you to have such an event again if that is what you are aiming for.
Posted ImageDisclaimer; I will always try to give my honest and personal opinion, with no offence intended.

#3 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

If I may? There's a smallish gland in the forebrain called the pineal, now ancient philosophers thought this to be the third eye. Curiously though in a child the gland's about the size of a small plum but at approx age 10 it not only shrinks down to the size of a dried pea, but it develops a shell and the gland's purpose is to produce the chemical melotonin
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#4 adkfred

adkfred

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

Well, I do know that while growing older people tend to forget how, or loose the ability to perceive extraplanar phenomena.

I would try to revisit the memory from those encounters and ask myself, how did it make me feel? Scared, calm, at peace, terror etc...

I'm not quite versed at those things but some relaxation before going to bed would never hurt I think, it might at best in the long run allow you to have such an event again if that is what you are aiming for.

I was never scared. Growing up I always saw people walking by out of the corners of my eye. I grew up thinking this was normal. Once I moved out of my parents house I stopped seeing them all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users