Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Paranormal Activity

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

Now its playing nationwide so I'm going to see it this weekend...excited!
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#17 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

I am wanting to see it for a third time. Maybe this weekend.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#18 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

I'm so tempted to ask for any spoilers but i'll be strong...show some self restraint for once.

#19 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

Saw it tonight and I've gotta be honest, it had its hair standing up on my arms moments at the end but I was kind of disappointed it wasnt scarier. I didn't hate it but I dont think i'd see it again.

#20 brucekp

brucekp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

I saw it earlier this week. Pretty good, but wouldn't want to see it again.

Not a lot of outright horror...just a build up like the movie 'Psycho."

Bruce
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,Than are dreamt of in your philosophy-ShakespeareLawmakers are studying the possibilty of banning any independent thought and freedom of choice. quoted by insiders: "We can't rely on our citizens to know what is best for them or their families, therefore we cannot permit people to freely make choices on their own. Any citizen suspected of independent thought shall be detained pending a deportation hearing."

#21 LanceM

LanceM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal. music. creating web sites

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:12 PM

Very creepy movie. Had every one in the theater (myself included) jumping at parts. scary movies normally don't scare me but something about this one really freaked me out. highly recommend it.

#22 LanceM

LanceM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:51 PM

just found out there are supposedly 2 alternate endings to the movie. saw the original ending. didn't think it was nearly as good as the theatrical end. having trouble finding the other.

#23 jenkob

jenkob

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, spirits, angels, other-worldly entities. <br />Reading when I have the time, visits to the mountains or ocean. Historic places, cemeteries, archives, genealogy. <br />Ghost tours, hunts-though I have never been on one, communication, witches and spirit mediums.<br />Other interests: Incredible out-of-body experiences, visitations, various psychic phenomena. Waverly Manor in Louisville, KY.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

EXTREME....a must see!

#24 TheGrayLady

TheGrayLady

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

One scene gave me a major case of the willies and the college screamers behind us scared my husband a couple times making it all worth while :clap:

#25 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

I saw this movie earlier this week also....it was pretty good & Im glad to here that there is possibly an alternate ending cuz the ending of this one sucked! I would love to see the other ending if there is one!!!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#26 LanceM

LanceM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:17 PM

I saw this movie earlier this week also....it was pretty good & Im glad to here that there is possibly an alternate ending cuz the ending of this one sucked! I would love to see the other ending if there is one!!!

the original ending is on youtube. from what i read there were multiple endings but only three were shot. i can only find 2. the original, and the theatrical.

#27 Mercury

Mercury

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Well, I have many intrests. The Supernatural is obvious.<br /><br />Art, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do alot of art, and not to toot my own horn, I'm darn good at it. Its something I'm proud of.<br /><br />Antiques are another passion of mine. Be it furniture, or World War 1 era weapons and collectibles. Which leads to the last intrest I'll post.<br /><br />History. I Love history. Though I do take the most intrest in events after the American Revolution.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:04 PM

I went with my best friend on halloween to a midnight showing. I must say that to me was one CREEPY MOVIE!!! The ending was a little over the top and detracted from an otherwise truly creepy, screw with your nerves, movie.

Hopefully that will set the bar for future Supernatural suspense movies and Maybe we will stop getting cheesey crap that insults our area of intrest.

Oh, I have to admit that I slept with the TV on, and on the couch with a loaded rifle underneath it. The whole night I was thinking about how glad I was that my wife was out of town for the week because I would hate to wake up and find her standing there starring at me. Ugghhhh....goose bumps again.

#28 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:08 PM

I just saw it again for my 3rd time. I took my 13yrs. nephew and niece this time. They loved it.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#29 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

Has anyone seen this? My mom and I are planning to go see it soon but I was just wondering if it was worth checking out. Previews say its one of the scariest movies ever made yet the commercials don't really give it that effect...
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#30 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

I just finally saw it Sunday and I must say I was very impressed for it only being 15k to make. Story line I thought was great. Especially when the psychic came the second time. I think I was the only person laughing.

I will say it was quite annoying to have two tweens with their mother behind me, narrating the whole thing. But I tried to tune them out and enjoy.

I thought the acting was much better than some of the other indie flicks I've seen. And while I am not under the same thought on the after life that the movie was based off of, I did find it very credible as a foundation for this movie.

Overall a thumbs up. But I am curious if Dreamworks made the ending scarier than the original.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users