• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:08 AM

BOO!! HISS!! It was another "I wish I was the Blair Witch". I couldn't stand this, and I hate when people make movies that are supposed to seem real like this and The Blair Witch. I wish this would have stayed in the college towns.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#32 TravisBelton

TravisBelton

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:16 AM

I saw Paranormal Activity this past Sunday with my 17 year old nephew. Unfortunately, we were not able to stay for the entire movie because I got sick during the movie. I get motion sickness very easily and I think that the way the movie was filmed was just a bit too much for my stomach to handle. It kind of reminded me of Blair Witch in the way it was filmed. I enjoyed what I saw (which was about an hour of the movie). I look forward for it to come out on video. But to me it was not scary.
-Travis

#33 spooksfield

spooksfield

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:36 AM

You know HOW many folks, "normal" folks have asked me if it was real. The movie was aiight most para movies disappoint me, it was anti-climactic the expectation outdone the end. The part i did like is that the phenomena is the kind we see a lot. Most of us do not have Michael Myers hanging out in a corner of our bedroom, but MANY people have experienced lights turning themselves on and off or bumps in the night so to "normal" folks this would be a more realistic version of those night time anxieties.

B
2012:The Paranormal CookbookConvergence of Reality and the SupernaturalDrops in January 2010spooksfield.com

#34 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

....and BTW...for those of you who liked the movie or never saw it and wanted to. The dvd release is Dec. 29, 2009.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#35 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:44 PM

I don't know about buying the DVD just yet, Kats. My friends and I saw it a few weeks ago and it 'stayed' with us since then. Hey, but then again we're a bunch of scaredy cats anyway. Yeah, the movie is pretty scary we thought. I'm just sayin'

Whatever

#36 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:18 AM

I'm with Morbid... Really didn't get the hype of the movie... But it scared the pants off my little sister and my mom thought it was uber creepy (and they don't really believe in the paranormal... my mom always says "I never believed in ghosts until you got sick in 2001 and I have to look at one in real life everyday")
Should I rewatch it on my laptop? The sound qaulity of my dvd player isn't always the greatest and have to turn it up all the way to hear and then I'm STILL straining to hear.
I guess I'm just much more afraid of the living...
Love life.

#37 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

I have this on order for Netflix, but I still have mixed ideas about watching it. Some people said it was really scary, and some said it was like a long dramatic episode of A Haunting, which in my opinion isn't so bad (scare wise.) If you've seen it, and have any suggestions, let me know Whirly Dude

Maili
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#38 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:15 PM

~I rented the movie and I LOVED IT!!! One of the creepiest moments was when the timer on the camera would fats forward, then slow down...you just *knew* something was going to happen!! I absolutely loved watching it....been along time since I've watched something that scared the poo outta me!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#39 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:59 PM

I rented it this week too. I didn't find it scary in any way, but it was well done. I thought it had a lot of potential and if more time was spent on the script, it could have really been an amazing film. The one thing that I appreciated about it was how they used people's imagination to scare them - you never actually saw "it". What one imagines is far worse than what any special effect can produce.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#40 asdcwefew

asdcwefew

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:00 AM

Paranormal Activity is a super low budget horror/suspense movie (way more suspense than horror). Seriously, they made it for $11,000! It is about a couple who live together and are trying to capture on film some of the spooky things that are going on in their house.

It's a pretty slow moving film, but there are enough spooks and creepy happenings to keep you involved and the movie feels like you are watching home movies. I'd give it a solid B ... maybe a B+ since they made the movie so cheap! Goes to show you don't need a huge budget to make a big impact!

#41 AlyssaM

AlyssaM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

We thought the movie sucked. Totally. Utter disappointment.

It wasn't scary in the least.

About the only thing that was even somewhat creepy was the idea of your partner getting out of bed and staring at you while you slept without either one realizing it happened.

The only other somewhat cool part was when she was drug out of the bed and down the hall, they did okay with that.

The sound of BOOTS on a hard wood floor and then FEET appearing in the flour was beyond stupid. Hello people, bootprints go with the sounds of boots, nar!

I am SO glad that I rented it via redbox and only spent a lousy buck on it. Had I rented it through netflix I woulda been piss.ed, as it was barely worth the buck through redbox in my opinion.

Edited by AlyssaM, 18 January 2010 - 02:16 PM.

~Alyssa

#42 AlyssaM

AlyssaM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

double post

Edited by AlyssaM, 18 January 2010 - 02:16 PM.

~Alyssa

#43 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:15 PM

Paranormal Activity is a super low budget horror/suspense movie (way more suspense than horror). Seriously, they made it for $11,000! It is about a couple who live together and are trying to capture on film some of the spooky things that are going on in their house.

It's a pretty slow moving film, but there are enough spooks and creepy happenings to keep you involved and the movie feels like you are watching home movies. I'd give it a solid B ... maybe a B+ since they made the movie so cheap! Goes to show you don't need a huge budget to make a big impact!

I'm not sure if this is a rumor or not, but I heard a couple of teens in high school put this together. I'm sure it wasn't high budget, but I don't think if their that young their willing to put too much into it.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#44 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:18 AM

I'm not sure if this is a rumor or not, but I heard a couple of teens in high school put this together. I'm sure it wasn't high budget, but I don't think if their that young their willing to put too much into it.

It wasn't high school kids. It was 4 or 5 actors and a director. The 2 main actors lived in the directors house while they filmed the movie. The house that the movie was shot in was also the directors house. Big movie saver right there.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#45 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for the background info Kats.
We saw it again today on DVD. 2nd time for me. I really like the movie specially the bedroom scenes.
The ending is tragic though.
I'll see it again for shurr!

Whatever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users