Paranormal Activity

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

I read in Entertainment Weekly (the one with Jay Leno on the cover) that there are whispers of a sequel... Anyone else hear this?
Love life.

#47 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

No, I haven't heard of a sequel to it but with the bundle of money they made from the first, why not right? I don't know how there can be a sequel. Actually, there shouldn't be one because they'll ruin it.

#48 gygs2010

gygs2010

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:29 PM

it made me jump, that's all i look for in a scary movie. it's a jumper, so it's a good movie.

#49 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

I think I heard something about them making another one. I agree with Balo...that will take away from the first movie. Maybe if it is based off a totally different story all together it will work. I don't know.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#50 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

It's official... They are making a 2nd paranormal activity... It's supposed to come out Oct. 22 and will be competing with a 3D version of Saw, according to Entertainment Weekly (the one with Lost on the cover... speaking of which I need to set my DVR for that tomorrow before I forget).
Love life.

#51 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:31 AM

I really don't see how they could improve on the original. Paranormal Activity was so bad that there is absolutely no possibility that anything could be improved on. The only thing I found scary about the whole film was that I didn't shut it off mid-way through. At least Blair Witch (original) had some pretty good creep factor to it, but we all know what happened when they made a sequel of that movie.

I give it two thumbs down, 0.5 out of 5 stars, and a solid F. Film school drop out material from beginning to end.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#52 Titanic

Titanic

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:paranormal<br />titanic<br />Movies<br />leonardo Dicaprio/johnny depp/kate Winslet

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

omg i loved that movie i couldnt sleep the night after! lol that is probably the scariest movie ive ever seen in my life. my friend jumped about 100 times lol

#53 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:21 PM

~The only way I can see this movie as a re-make is if someone else moves into that apartment -OR- that chick is alive somewhere else & keeps wreaking havoc wherever she goes due to the possesion. I don't know, I'll have to wait for the trailer to see.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#54 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:02 PM

I think a sequel could work if they went back in time to when Katie started experiencing the activity... But then it might be too much like the exorcist...
Love life.

#55 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:21 PM

I wish they'd just stop trying to be like "Star Wars"...or worst yet, all the Friday the 13th movies, ugh!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#56 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:40 AM

The movie gave me a feel-good type of scare and there shouldn't be a sequel. Let's just leave it at this. Just my 2 cents.

#57 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

saw the movie a few weeks ago. it did make me jump a few times (which is really hard to do) but i wasn't really that freaked out or scared at all. it was very predicitable i thought.

course my husband was on edge for a few weeks (he's not into the scary movies).

#58 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

I watched it last night and I have to say I was disappointed. I was hoping for a jumpy, pop-out movie. But it didn't scare me at all, and I'm a little wimpy to begin with. The ending (I saw the original not the alternative) was really depressing and abrupt. I mean, I guess thats the point of a scary, unhappy movie.. But it was just awful! I liked that it stayed on a realistic basis though. Just my opinion.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#59 mH1030

mH1030

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

The realness of some of the events that occur in the film was pretty creepy (i.e. the door slamming shut very loudly, the chandelier swinging wildly, etc.), but the ending was absolutely HORRIBLE. The movie was good enough to keep my attention, I'd call it entertaining with some creep factor, but it was too drawn out at the beginning and the end was just WAY too out there (and by out there, I mean totally cheesy and not frightening).

-G

#60 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:49 AM

but the ending was absolutely HORRIBLE.

Which ending did you see? I've seen the one when she slits her throat, but I've heard there's another alternative ending.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users