Rasputin and the Romanovs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:00 AM

Rasputin, the self-proclaimed magician and cult leader, wormed his way into the palace of the Romanovs, Russia's ruling family, around the turn of the last century. After getting a little too big for his britches, a few of the Romanovs allegedly decided to have him killed. But he was exceptionally resilient.

Reportedly it took poison, falling down a staircase, and repeated gunshots before Rasputin was finally dead. It's said that Rasputin mumbled a curse from his deathbed, assuring Russia's ruling monarchs that they would all be dead within a year. That did come to pass, as the Romanov family was brutally murdered in a mass execution less than a year later.

I thought I also heard that an additional part of the curse was that Russia would never be ruled again by the Romanovs. That has also come to pass.

Source
Posted Image

#2 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

Rasputin did not have a deathbed. unless we are counting river beds. ;)

Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#3 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:07 PM

:lol:That doesn't make him a bad guy, Canis. Poor bloke, he was shot, hung, drowned, poisoned and I think emasculated too but that may have been most mortem

I read about that curse too, Silver but Lenin was already swaying throngs of laborers in the streets and there was already hostility towards the aristocracy. The one thing I do find really odd and I'm not 100% on this but I think it was a year to the day of the Mad monk's murder that the Romanovs were butchered
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#4 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:49 AM

:lol:That doesn't make him a bad guy, Canis. Poor bloke, he was shot, hung, drowned, poisoned and I think emasculated too but that may have been most mortem

Yeah I read about how Rasputin died too. If all of it is true, boy, what a way to go!

Whatever

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users