11 replies to this topic

#1 traveller

traveller

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:history reincarnation and past lives givng a helping hand

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:50 AM

just looked at my calendar and saw its almost october. what are your plans for halloween as in what do you do for fun that day?

i dont do much anymore but still have someone buy lots of candy. i love to see kids in there costumes and even some of there parents dress up too. sometimes friends will come to visit and have a spur of moment party.

#2 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

Summer has flown by, hasn't it? I can't hardly fathom that it is almost October - we had to run the furnace this morning and there are frost warnings out for tonight! I have to get my plants covered.

Anyway, plans for Halloween? Well, I get the window decorations up about a week before a holiday, and I'll get my Trick or Treat garden banner out too. I'll be getting some nice big pumpkins for carving. I love to do those Pumpkin Masters patterns, and always do two, but sometimes do one for my in-laws. I get lots of compliments on them. I have a skeleton head/hands that go in the ground, a zombie head/hands that move up and down from a cord - to look like it's floating - and it also makes creepy groaning/laughing sounds. I hang a glow in the dark skeleton from an eave and I have a figure of a guy hanging upside down and tied up. He wriggles and screams "Let me go!" etc. I have a bat candelabra and some mobiles that I put up too. I love to go to Sam's Club and buy full sized candy bars to give out - we only get a couple dozen kids usually. After trickortreating is over, we sometimes go to a neighbors for movies, cider and popcorn and a night of ghost stories. Lots of times I just like to settle in and watch old Hammer films on tv.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#3 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:24 PM

Now I want to hang out at Red's house lol

I plan to decorate which i've not had the chance to even begin to think of doing though most my neighbours are jumping the wagon and already carving pumpkins and sitting them out.

I plan on giving out candy then taking a long walk in the crisp night air...enjoying the fall weather. The rest of my plans are just watching back to back horror movies and eating alot of the Halloween type junk food that I believe is mandatory on All Hallow's Eve.

Edited by Willow, 29 September 2009 - 01:25 PM.

Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#4 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

I'll be at work passing out candy with clients on Halloween. We don't do trick or treat on the weekend in the town I live in so will be able to take Zack while Tiff passes out candy. I refuse to decorate till after the 1st and Tiff is chomping at the bit, doesn't help that a friend of mine bought zoombie babies from the Halloween Store and now she wants them and to borrow a playpen to set up for the trick or treaters.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

We don't seem to get any trick or treaters this far out and since we're both both voracious horror movie fans, especially those of the cheesy, B rated genre, we'll dip into our collection and have a cheesy, B rated horror movie marathan.

#6 LanceM

LanceM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal. music. creating web sites

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

Going to a Halloween party with my girlfriend or we are going to sit at home and watch some of the old black and white horror films. (maybe go ghost hunting havent really made up my mind.)

#7 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:14 AM

I have to ruefully chuckle and shake my head at the thought of going ghost hunting because US having to hunt THEM is not a problem we have with MH around :lol: For Pete's sake, he's even been tagged in the garden department at Walmart!

#8 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

I obviously don't (can't) do anything for Halloween (praying that will change with the fusion next Summer). Maybe I can call up my friend and have her watch some scary movies... Make her revisit "The Changling" (we watched it for the first time together in grade school and got the pants scared off of us, now... not that we're 20 it's not so scary). We don't get any trick or treaters... Our neighborhood is filled with stuffy rich old farts for the most part.

Oh and Frither... Beat you... We already got our first snow where I live.... On the last day of Summer.
Posted Image
Love life.

#9 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

Yeah Lexie ~ rub da salt in little sister and mention that y'all get that nice powder snow while you're at it ;) :) Sure am glad to see you!

#10 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

Bumping for anyone that missed it and its almost All Hallows Eve!
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#11 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:28 PM

No big plans here. I should be headed home from the NEOPARACON conference in Ohio.

Anyone else going to that one on the 31st?

#12 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

Going to Las Vegas for Halloween weekend. Should be fun.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users