The Von Erich family.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:36 PM

Some of you may know about the Von Erich family. Those who have never followed "professional" wrestling might not know of them.

Follow the link below!

http://www.associate...ich_family.html
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

**waiting for KatsGod's response** lol
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

So where does the curse stem from? Or did I miss that part? Doesn't someone have to pronounce a curse on you and/or your family in order for you to be considered cursed? Sounds to me like a family with a lot of bad luck and who knows what they did in their off-time.

The story states that Kerry Von Erich was in a motorcycle accident - which can happen to anyone - and then started abusing drugs. How does that indicate he or any of his family was cursed?

David was apparently a drug addict as well.

No curse IMO.

Posted Image

#4 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

So where does the curse stem from? Or did I miss that part?

Precisely why I started the topic, to discuss! But the article doesn't actually say it's a curse. It asks the question and any other mention is "alleged curse". Although a curse is usually associated with being evoked by someone, a curse can also be a cause of great torment.

Edited by Axman, 14 October 2009 - 05:36 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#5 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

**waiting for KatsGod's response** lol

OK now...you think you know me or something....lol. I knew of the Von Erich family but never really watched them wrestle. I have always throught it very odd that all of them died at such a young age.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#6 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

So where does the curse stem from? Or did I miss that part?

Precisely why I started the topic, to discuss! But the article doesn't actually say it's a curse. It asks the question and any other mention is "alleged curse". Although a curse is usually associated with being evoked by someone, a curse can also be a cause of great torment.

I'm with you now Axman. :) Kinda like the Kennedy curse, eh?
Posted Image

#7 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

Kats,

I'm probably showing my age but I remember many of the wrestlers from yesteryear. Bruno Samartino, The Masked marvel, Gorgeous George, Gorilla Monsoon (when he actually wrestled), etc. Those were the days. I haven't watched any wrestling in over 10 years since the demise of WCW.

Silver,

Yes, kind of like the Kennedy curse if there is one. Just a period of torment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users