• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

What makes a curse? Perhaps intent alone is enough to influence a curse. Those of us who believe in the spiritual existence know that intent is powerful. As deep heartfelt love can make miracles, so can passionate anger or hatred cause harm (or evil). It’s my aim to be aware of the potential consequence of out of control anger and resentment as much as I possibly can. You see I believe in karma as a natural spiritual state, and with good reason. We’re to a extent a product of our experience after all.

There is a particular building not too far from the community where I grew up and not far from my home today. It dates back to maybe the mid to late 1800’s. It’s a two story brick building with retail space on the first level and a living quarters upstairs. It’s a tavern today. I think it may have always been a tavern. It’s possible that it was once a grocery, but I really think always a tavern. It has been said that the building is cursed. Bad blood. There was until maybe a decade ago a slaughter house next to it. I have heard it said that the slaughter house caused bad energy to lay siege to the building and to the surrounding area. The place has a history of tragedy. Some of that tragedy is significant to me.

When I was a young child my father worked for a local soda manufacturer in manufacture/sales/delivery. I have vague memory of dad taking me along on his sales/delivery route. I really enjoyed spending that time with my dad. The retailers were nice too. Some of them would say the sort of things that we say to little kids in order to get them to smile and feel good about them selves, things like “what a pretty little girl”. Some of them gave me candy and of course I had all the soda I wanted. One day when dad was making deliveries (without me) he made his stop to that building across from the slaughter house. There was a woman who lived upstairs. I don’t know whether or not she was the proprietor of the business on the first level. She had a young child. The child was playing in the parking lot of the business. Unattended I imagine, but I don’t know the details of the incident that will follow. I only know what my mother told me of this and other incidents when I was much older and questioned what happened to my father to cause him to give up on all that’s dear in life. In the large delivery truck my father did not see the child on a low riding toy as he backed out of the parking lot. The child did not survive. The mother was anguish in the pain of her loss and hostile in shock. She cursed my father saying that she hoped his children died the same way. It wasn’t long after that my little sister, three years old, died of unexplained circumstances. Then years later our older brother, my father’s first born, died in a auto accident, his head crushed. Not long after our sister was struck while walking by a drunk driver. She did not survive. A few years later I was in a serious accident . Our mother died in a auto accident in her early sixties. There is another auto accident incident where we lost a loved one that is too sad that I won’t tell of it on the internet.

A girl I have know all my life, some one who I attended kindergarten with and have stayed in contact through life, purchased that building. She and her husband lived up stairs and ran the tavern. She still swears that the place is “occupied”. She’s told me stories of happenings. She said that the presence did not like her husband. Rather strongly disliked him. Her husband committed suicide in that place. The man who now owns and operates the tavern and also lives upstairs denies the existence of spirits there or other wise.

We’ve all heard stories of miraculous events caused by the strength of love. What if……… why wouldn’t anger and hate cause the opposite result. A curse.

#2 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music and practice the dicipline of &quot;Happy.&quot; It takes constant effort and attention to create and maintain a peaceful happy life. <br /><br />I've been told that I live in a &quot;pink bubble world&quot;. Ha! It's taken a life of experiencing the dark side to create this sweet abundant life. It has all of the colors, not just pink. What it doesn't have are people who are disturbing and sick minded. There is no room in my life for hurtful abusive friends or family. <br /><br />After 40 years as a professional musician, entertainer and producer, I now teach. I love it. No more travel or long late nights with strangers who pretend to be friends. <br /><br />My home is the creative result of my happy state of mind. There are beautiful flowers and huge gold fish. The squirrels come every day to gather the nuts I provide. Two feeders keep dozens of hummingbirds busy.<br /><br />Four days each week, people come to learn what a life time of hard living has taught me. They come to learn how to play. We play music.

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

I believe that sending negative emotion to someone can indeed hurt them physically and emotionally. I was the trustee of our mother's trust. My mom did everything she could legally do to protect herself from my brother and did not warn me about what a hard greedy man he had become. Bob and I hadn't been close since we were teenagers and he'd moved out.

I gave up my home and job to care for mom while she died at home of lymphoma cancer. 24 hours a day I loved and cared for her, changed her bandages and diapers. My husband gave up his job as well. 24 hour care means the person can't be left alone. We were there. Bob visited for about an hour once a week and did nothing else to help.

My husband and I then gave up our savings to help get mom thru her last days because she had been on a fixed income for many years and just didn't have enough reserve. The understanding with Mom was that we would be paid back out of the sale of her home.

I kept every paper, never once lied about anything, bent way over backwards to be more then fair with Bob after Mom passed. Her run down filthy ranch style house in Cupertino, CA went for over a million dollars. Russ and I did everything to settle the trust, sell the property, clean EVERYTHING.

I was a Girl Scout and believed that if you were honest and acted with integrity you had nothing to fear from the law. I was a good business woman and believed that if you kept good records, never threw away a receipt and followed the instructions and the advice of experts you would be above reproach.

Bob hired an attorney to harass me. I spent well over 2,000 hours defending myself, repeatedly sending the same information over and over and over. Jumping through hoop after stressful hoop, with an attorney of my own to help me navigate and an accountant to make sure all was correct. Ofter over 40 hours a week were taken to answer demand after demand. Bob then took me to court. He said he and his wife had been caregivers to Mom, that we had moved in and gotten "free rent" by living there while giving 24 hour care, lie upon lie. I defended myself and lost - not because I lacked evidence. Bob had a great attorney. 4 times I had to drive from my mountain home to Santa Cruz, CA - over 700 miles for court. I was never allowed to speak. In the end, I was found not guilty of bad faith. Then two weeks later in a judgment written by my brother's attorney and signed by the judge, I was found guilty of something I had never been accused of and had to pay my brothers legal fees back to the very beginning. Bob got $10,000. The other, nearly $80,000 went to his attorney. The entire ordeal cost us over $250,000, put a stain on my good name and on our family's name as well. It also divided the family.

Russ and I moved into a 750 square foot cabin and began weighing apples before we put them into the shopping cart. In the last email I wrote to my brother, I asked him why he'd done this to me. My brother said I'd gotten what I deserved. I told him to never contact me again.

I profoundly hated my brother whom I'd once loved. I had no faith in a justice system that I'd once believed in. It was making me. Then it came to me to send him my hatred and anger. After-all, isn't that what he wanted? Isn't that what he'd created? I said, "I release my hatred and anger to my brother, Robert Dean Nicholson." and pictured black ooze flowing from me to my brother's heart. It flowed easily and quickly. Soon It ran out and I put up mirrors to keep him from sending anything back. I felt sooooo much better. I have done this every time I feel angry toward him and have felt better and better.

I will always hate my brother. Forgive him. Naw. I accept him for the sadistic arrogant hardhearted person that he is. I know why Mom tried to protect herself from him. If the hurt that he caused comes back to him consciously from a victim of his actions, then that is just and right.
SingerJoy is a way a traveling for the singer of songs."

#3 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

thesameones.... I'm trying to make the connection between the woman who cursed your father and family and the apparent haunting of the tavern/apartment. Are you saying that you believe the malevolence of that tavern caused the woman to feel so much hatred at what your father did by accident that she cursed him?
Posted Image

#4 aya&aki

aya&aki

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:arts, music, literature, science... and a bunch of other stuff that I'd like to keep private.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:28 AM

Intent can have negative effects even if it was from a positive feeling..why?

well, in the Philippines we have somethng that is called 'usog' i can find no translation for tht. anyway, it's an incident caused by a strong emotion and intent. there are different types but the most common are 'usog galit' (anger) 'usog ng pagod' (exhaustion) and 'usog ng tuwa' (pleasure/happiness).

it usually happens between adults and kids (usog ng tuwa). A tired adult goes home and a little kid performing wanting to impress people. Adult is pleased by the child's performance...too pleased, too happy.

the next thing you know, child has a fever. if the usog is strong it causes delusions, like what happened to my mom.

the elders keep saying that usog is when something or someone becomes a center of an emotion or attention and then a spirit will cling to the object of interest. the ironic thing about this is, when you have experienced 'usog' you get the power to do it to other people. my mom usually causes usog when she's mad at someone. bad luck soon follows the old and sickness for the young. im not sure if it's considered a curse or not, though. just a normal occurence really
"The Open-mindness of a person can be measured by his/her ability to accept that everything is right and everything is wrong. There are no such things as contradictions, just two sides of the same coin." -Samantha Williams

#5 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

thesameones.... I'm trying to make the connection between the woman who cursed your father and family and the apparent haunting of the tavern/apartment. Are you saying that you believe the malevolence of that tavern caused the woman to feel so much hatred at what your father did by accident that she cursed him?

Not necessarily, though I think it could be possible. Although I do believe that strong negative intent harms I wasn't really making assertion to any thing. Just sharing a story because I think it’s interesting enough that others might also find it interesting. Remember that there was a slaughter house next to this place. Just another element in the story. Still another is that the Peshtigo fire went through that area and lives had been lost. As well the fire went through the land I own in Marinette Wisconsin county. 20 years ago charred stumpage from the fire was still visible. Whether or not events connect with one another could be unique to the observer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users