MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

Video on you Tube

A spokesman from the city's weather forecast said: 'Several fronts have been passing through Moscow recently, there was an intrusion of the Arctic air too, the sun was shining from the west this is how the effect was produced.'

He added: 'This is purely an optical effect, although it does look impressive.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz0TrvILuTB
Posted Image

#2 LanceM

LanceM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal. music. creating web sites

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:23 PM

very cool looking effect.

#3 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:34 PM

~I like it too...although I have a hard time believing their reasoning behind the formation....but I'm sure this is what the government *wants* us all to believe.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#4 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

Why would you think that Laurie Ann? Nature is capable of some pretty amazing feats.

Edited by Silvertongue, 14 October 2009 - 02:59 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

~Hi hun. Oh my, do I have some pretty awesome pics of what Mother Nature can show us. But this one, I just get a feeling about and the government wants to cover this up with the ol "weather balloon" theory. But this is just my opinion too. I know alot of times I say things in posts that doesn't make alot of sense to most, and only confuses the rest. But I just have a certain feeling about this one picture. This one, in my opinion, has not a thing to do with the weather, the sun, or anything Mother Nature wise.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#6 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:50 PM

You mean our government?
Posted Image

#7 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:46 AM

~Our government, their government, any government or whatever you want to call it...it's any government that wants to keep this kind of stuff "hush-hush".

#8 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:42 AM

Actually there is a scientific explanation for this formation. With converging frontal systems sometimes warm air is trapped near the ground. Since warm air rises, a convection current begins to rise through the cooler air mass above it. Similar in effect to a chimney, the rising air starts the clouds to spiral around this air column. (Visualize the warm air rising through the center here.) This creates the doughnut effect seen here as it draws nearby cloud water vapor with it. Depending on the time of day, sunlight above the clouds can add to the visual effect. Here it seems everything has come together just right.

Very impressive cloud pattern and quite unusual, but explainable as not paranormal or UFO related.!

#9 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:37 AM

~Our government, their government, any government or whatever you want to call it...it's any government that wants to keep this kind of stuff "hush-hush".

But wouldn't it be easier to cover up if fewer people saw it? I mean thousands in Moscow witnessed it and hundreds of thousands more world wide have seen it on the Internet. If you think about the most famous UFO cover up here in the US - Roswell - only a few people were actually there to see what was found and maybe a dozen or more were privvy to the information surrounding it. It's easier for the government to say a few people are crazy and what they thought they saw wasn't real, than to cover up something witnessed by so many.
Posted Image

#10 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:11 AM

~Maybe so hun, and although I highly respect both your & Caverats opinions, I'll just stick with my gutt feeling. Scientific reasoning maybe the answer here to some if not all, but I truly believe it's something else. I enjoyed reading both your posts as most of the time, I would've changed my mind because I would've seen it from another aspect, a way that I wouldn't have thought of before. But this time I have to stand firm that I truly believe it's UFO related. No biggie because I respect the both of you & your opinions....this one just happens to me mine.

#11 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:13 AM

Video on you Tube

A spokesman from the city's weather forecast said: 'Several fronts have been passing through Moscow recently, there was an intrusion of the Arctic air too, the sun was shining from the west this is how the effect was produced.'

He added: 'This is purely an optical effect, although it does look impressive.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz0TrvILuTB

The pic looks like the balloon that Balloon Boy's dad punk'd everybody with. I'm just sayin' lol.

Whatever

#12 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

That is definitely weird, but whatever the government thinks isn't going to matter to me. If there were scientific evidence of what really happened, it might matter a little more to me. But mother nature does weird things. If it doesn't hurt us in any way, why pay it much attention?

I'll admit its a cool formation, and i have NO idea what it is, but it's interesting.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you dont believe its true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users