If you die in your dream, you die in reality

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Dio

Dio

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

I'm sure all of you have heard this myth. Where when you are dreaming and sudden you're about to hit the ground and wake up. What about when actually do hit the ground? Do you die in reality?

I for one have died in my dreams twice. Once I fell off of a building, and soon after I turned into a spirit (In the dream mind you)

The second time I died in my dream I was shot, but that's all I can remember from my dream.

I'm usually very good at remembering dreams and can vividly explain them. Obviously if someone has died from a dream, they can't tell us on the forums...I'm just curious as to how many of you have actually died in your dream?

#2 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

I'm just curious as to how many of you have actually died in your dream?

I've had several dreams where I've fallen. I never see the impact, I just find myself standing. I've also had several dreams in which I was a ghost and found myself trying to communicate with living people.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#3 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

I had a dream once that somebody shot me with a shotgun, and I was just like Meryl Streep in Death Becomes Her...and in the dream I kept wondering why I wasn't dead.

Just an obscure mention :)
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#4 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

I have died in a couple dreams - and didn't resurrect or anything. Someone told me that just meant a time of dramatic change.

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#5 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:06 AM

Almost every dream I've had up until I was seven had me die at the very end.
Shot, stabbed, hit by a car, fallen off a building, you name it.
I've been told to signifies a successful birth, change, big decision, ect. Dying dreams can mean alot of things. Seems like they never really mean something truely unwanted.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#6 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:56 AM

I once had a dream where I died from drowning. I had always heard & half believed the stories of dying because of a dream, until I had my own experience with it. I suppose it could still be possible, but I doubt it.

It was terrifying. I can stilll remember the coldness of the water as i drew it into my lungs, and then the sick desperation of not being able to breath. It ended in a slow fade to blackness and I realized I was dying. Then nothing.

I woke up i don't know how much later and was elated to still be alive.

Regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#7 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

I don't remember dying in my dreams, but I do remember being in a coffin (already dead) and being a ghost trying to communicate. I've fallen a lot in dreams with out hitting the ground as I always wake up before I hit the ground.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#8 robortwillys

robortwillys

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:59 AM

Hi
If i Die in mY dream, I will reborn that night only.once i was dreamed about die. I was Walking on the roof and suddenly strom come and blown me to the sea..

#9 winter_harmony

winter_harmony

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Reading, listening to music, video games, spending time with family, mma.

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

I've never "fallen and died" in a dream. But when I was younger I used to dream that I was being executed by having my head chopped off. A few times I "died" by jumping in front of someone getting shot at and I take the bullet.

#10 FarFromGone

FarFromGone

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

I'm pretty sure I've never had a dream where I died. I know for sure though that I've had dreams I was a ghost.
"if at first you don't suceed then skydiving is surely not for you"

#11 tommyhancock

tommyhancock

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:21 AM

i've died in many dreams, still alive i might add. one time kiefer sutherlands character from lost boys even killed me. a couple times i just througha collapsed building off of me and flew away though, cause i mean, its my dream why wouldnt i be a superhero?

#12 Marilyn Jackson

Marilyn Jackson

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:27 PM

Nope, never died in my dream. Had the falling one. Have dreamt of others dying though.

#13 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:52 AM

Just my opinion, but those people who literally die in their sleep? I think what happens is it starts out as a dream, only thing is it's brought to completion, they never wake up, and the next day they're found dead. I'm just sayin'.

Whatever

#14 Marilyn Jackson

Marilyn Jackson

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:04 AM

I’m beginning to think we’re a dream someone is having and when they’re done we die.

#15 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

Hi, Marilyn, you're not the first person who's had that thought and what happens when the dreamer awakens?

I've had dreams of my own death a number of times, some hideously vivid
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users