#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:48 AM

Scientists Now Know: We're Not From Here!

Summary & comments by Dan Eden for Viewzone

Imagine the shock of growing up in a loving family with people you call "Mum" and "Dad" and then, suddenly, learning that you are actually adopted!

This same sense of shock came as scientists announced that the Sun, the Moon, our planet and its siblings, were not born into the familiar band of stars known as the Milky Way galaxy, but we actually belong to a strange formation with the unfamiliar name of the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy!

http://viewzone.com/milkyway.html
Posted Image

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:11 AM

On further thoughts, does this point to the 2012 riddle? The new age? The "end" of the world "as we know it"? Perhaps...... the wait is almost over......
Posted Image

#3 Marilyn Jackson

Marilyn Jackson

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

I doubt the wait is over. The supposed this is it moments have come and gone and nothings happened so far. Iím not lucky enough for this to be the end of the world. I donít see it happening in my lifetime.

#4 FarFromGone

FarFromGone

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:11 PM

yeah the wait will be over for 2012, but then if *gasp* we aren't all dead, then someone's going to come out with a new end of the world date. Someone I know says he's lived through around three of these days that the world was supposed to end. Actually, I believe someone already came out with the worlds supposed to get hit by and asteroid or something in 2021 or something so, that's the next date (unless somebody comes out with another one). :ghost:
"if at first you don't suceed then skydiving is surely not for you"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users