• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bbabin5

bbabin5

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Does this really communicate with spirits? What kind should I buy?
Brett

#2 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

No they don't (well, those who sell them would like you think they do, but that's just the way of the salesman). All these units do is scan radio stations in an endless loop, and people claim to get "responses" to questions when the radio spits out a word or two from part of one of those scanned stations. One of the more well-known faces in the paranormal world, Christopher Moon, had the audacity to charge folks $200 for a half hour using one of his "telephones to the dead" as he called it - it was just a radio hack - nothing more, and in my book was something that should have been investigated by law enforcement people as fraud. CHeck out this link here to see just how disgusting the guy is and how bad people like him make the honest folks in the community look: Chris Moon - Swindler

I am not one to tell anyone to not go and buy one of these things if they really think they might gather some message they have been after. I will, however, never consider what comes from one of these as evidence of anything other than a radio transmission with a very normal source. If you still want to make one or buy one, by all means, but do know that you will get what you pay for, and many people won;t even consider what comes from it at all.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:55 AM

Agree, Dave. I posted an open invitation to Chris Moon to bring one of his "Telephones" to me and submit it for analysis in his presence at my lab.... I'm still waiting......

I built one here according to plans provided online and tested it. Verified in the lab exactly what you said; snippets of radio broadcasts, nothing more.

#4 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

I was at an investigation where someone had a ghost box and it was just painfully obvious to me that all that I was hearing was bits and pieces of various stations.

It was amazing to how many people who otherwise seemed to be pretty objective were talking to the box and pulling out responses that seemed to match.

Don't waste your money!

#5 bbabin5

bbabin5

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

Thanks
Brett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users