#16 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

hijacked!

lol! Sorry.

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#17 rockanomicon

rockanomicon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:55 AM

As with most other grimoires, the book is a work of fiction. However that does not discount its significance. Seeing as how most religions are matters of faith, and science is a matter of theory, dismissing a piece of work with a few holes in it would be a rush to judgment.

Rather than purchasing the the Satanic Bible, (which any practicing occultist worth his weight in water will tell you is pure schyte)....pick up Liber Null & Psychonaut: An Introduction to Chaos Magic by Peter J. Carroll. This might shed sum light on the Necronomicon, as well as the effectiveness of fiction and belief.

#18 duncan36

duncan36

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:58 PM

i read a little bit about the necronomicon in motley crue's 'the dirt' and it got me curious....just wondering if it's an interesting read or not....

saw a three pack on amazon with the necronomicon, the necronomicon spellbook and the satanists bible...might be some good reading to get me through this holiday season....

I think the argument to discount this book are a little weak. Well its a fake, its not real. Well no it does exist and its intent is made quite clear. Who wrote it doesnt matter.
The question is does it have any malovelent power? Are the words imbued with any intense negativity? Even if its not that evil of an object it is possible that a certain kind of mind could bring themselves harm via recitation of the passages.

So really the question is what self-destructive part of you wants to bring negativity into your life? You seem like a nice enough guy to me. Take up boxing or weightlifting or something its a much more positive way to express that angry, aggressive, side we all have.
Thats my advice.

Edited by duncan36, 24 November 2009 - 08:59 PM.

#19 Gmm213

Gmm213

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:44 AM

if you want to read the Simon necronomicon you can google it in PDF and find it for free seeing how some use it as religious texts its out there.

#20 spooksfield

spooksfield

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

The most interesting is Necronmicon: The Book of Dead Names, this has the "history" of the books providence as told by "Simon" so that was interesting. He talked about the store where he originally took the book and how Sam Brkowitz (Son of Sam) was a customer. He also talks about the artist's apparent suicide. The Necro is a "grimorie" so it reads basically the same as most with a more mystical presence attacvhed by the author, it's aiight but there are better books to read than this one.

B
2012:The Paranormal CookbookConvergence of Reality and the SupernaturalDrops in January 2010spooksfield.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users