Can a ghost break windows?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 IowaJenny

IowaJenny

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

Today is the day I start digging deeper. Here I am and I have some questions for those of you with answers.
I am starting to stop the skepticism and believe. We do not live in an old house, however we live on land with history and death.
Our house was built in 2005 and we moved in 2006. The people who built it had bought land that was an old farmstead, they cleaned it up and built 1st a home for the parents (in their 60's) and 2nd a home, their dream home, for themselves. They built this house themselves, they all have builder talents. The father, who lived in the first house did the most of it. He came down with cancer and quickly died before the house was finished. The daughter and her family soon after his death, packed up and sold their new house to us and moved far away.
We move in and not long after being in this amazing house, we start getting little occurences. Lights turning off and on. Smoke alarms going off at the same time each night (3:30am), money fell from a spotlight, locked doors opening and closing, a jug of juice from in the pantry fell on the kitchen floor 10 feet away, we found some books in the middle of the hall floor stacked in a neat pile, little things go missing, every year flies fill up a single window for about a month (this year it has been 3 months), my cleaning lady says she is a sensitive and she senses a presence and today the biggest unexplainable thing.. 10 minutes after leaving my car in the garage the window shattered on the passenger side. There is no vandals out here in the boonies, no one would break the window to steal, doors unlocked and we are a ways off the main road.. No bullet holes, no rocks.. nothing.. just a shattered window..

Can a ghost break a window?

We have been casually been calling any odd occurance something that "Mr D" did. We labeled out ghost Mr D because that is the name of the man who built this house until he died. When we sit down to watch a movie and the lights dim we laugh and say, "Hi Mr D" or "Thanks Mr D". This is not a helpful prank, breaking the window today. Last night a glass was broken on our bathroom floor. No one here owned up to it, so I thought a cat did it. Now I am wondering.. Another thing- these things that happen are not often. We see something maybe once a month, with exception to the flies in the window..

Help? Am I grasping for straws?

#2 Daveofspades

Daveofspades

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

Keep in mind a car window is not just glass. They are PPG Saftey Glass which is made not to be broken easily and is not technically supposed to shatter, but rather crackle. Yes with enough force you can fully break through it, but it is not exactly an easy thing to break unless a relatively dense object or something moving a decent rate of speed impacted the window.

How old is the car, is it the original window on the vehicle? I'd have to know more about the vehicle itself, any odd alignment issues with the door? Bad weather sealing perhaps? Tough to get the window to go up and down? I've seen windows break due to abnormal stress being applied to them that they werent designed for.

Any extreme weather changes? Going from very cold to a heated garage?

In short, yes spirits are capable of breaking things. If the spirit was strong enough it could make your car float to the nearest wendy's location for a frosty if it wanted to haha.

#3 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:00 AM

What I sense took place with the car window is, that something hit it prior to going into the garage and as you left the car closing the door, the glass broke down after you left it.
A spirit can break things, but this would take a lot of force to do so and not likely this spirit did it. I can remote view (besides other things) and this is what I saw.

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#4 IowaJenny

IowaJenny

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

Keep in mind a car window is not just glass. They are PPG Saftey Glass which is made not to be broken easily and is not technically supposed to shatter, but rather crackle. Yes with enough force you can fully break through it, but it is not exactly an easy thing to break unless a relatively dense object or something moving a decent rate of speed impacted the window.

How old is the car, is it the original window on the vehicle? I'd have to know more about the vehicle itself, any odd alignment issues with the door? Bad weather sealing perhaps? Tough to get the window to go up and down? I've seen windows break due to abnormal stress being applied to them that they werent designed for.

Any extreme weather changes? Going from very cold to a heated garage?

In short, yes spirits are capable of breaking things. If the spirit was strong enough it could make your car float to the nearest wendy's location for a frosty if it wanted to haha.

Not a heated garage. It is a 2008 Prius, not an older car. I researched the web for hours last night, trying to find if there is a recall or something.. nothing (looks like we will get to not count on warranty)... I will say this- when I sat down in the car, the window was in place (there was a hole about the size of a quarter by the mirror), but in a million peices. It fell apart after we shut the car door. About 10 minutes before the window broke for us, we were in the car cleaning it.. No sign of breaking.
I am thinking maybe Leslie may be right. what if there was a hit on the glass before and it just took some time for it to shatter?

#5 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:17 PM

The glass that Dave is describing is in the two windshields of the car. Those are designed not to break. The glass in the side windows is designed to break, to shatter with the pieces having rounded edges.

Can you try some communicating with it? EVP?

Edited by Cryscat, 15 November 2009 - 02:17 PM.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#6 Daveofspades

Daveofspades

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

This is a perfect display of a car window breaking. Side windows don't just break slowly over time, when they crinkle or spider leg.. they really crinkle and spider leg. They go to junk very fast when something dense enough to do structural damage to the safety glass impacts them. You would have known pretty fast if something hit your window. It wouldn't just break from closing the door too hard and having a small chip or something in it.

#7 Daveofspades

Daveofspades

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

Another video.

#8 Daveofspades

Daveofspades

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

The glass that Dave is describing is in the two windshields of the car. Those are designed not to break. The glass in the side windows is designed to break, to shatter with the pieces having rounded edges.

The side glass windows are also laminated (not as heavily as the windshields) in order that they break in the manner they do. They are still quite tough. I've seen angry drunks kick and punch car door windows before and just hurt their legs and fists in the process haha.

I'm not saying a ghost broke the window though, something could have fallen and broke the window while the car was in the garage, who knows. Odd things happen.

#9 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:13 PM

If it exploded it would have taken a force on it's edge. Tempered glass doesn't shatter easily if you hit it head on, but any pressure on it's edge can sometimes be enough to make it explode.

Mentioning the hole you saw...something had to have punched through it. I'd go over the scene with a fine toothed comb to see if you can find the culprit. And my only question for you...do you have kids? I've had all sorts of "paranormal" happenings with mine. :lol:

Edited by OMPRDave, 15 November 2009 - 05:13 PM.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#10 IowaJenny

IowaJenny

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

I do not have an EVP. Can you rent those somewhere?

#11 IowaJenny

IowaJenny

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

This is a perfect display of a car window breaking. Side windows don't just break slowly over time, when they crinkle or spider leg.. they really crinkle and spider leg. They go to junk very fast when something dense enough to do structural damage to the safety glass impacts them. You would have known pretty fast if something hit your window. It wouldn't just break from closing the door too hard and having a small chip or something in it.

Looked at that videa.. The window looked alot like that when I saw it, just before it broke. Little hole and lots of glass in place.
Our garage is the size of a barn. There is an upstairs, and ceiling. Nothing could have fallen. it sould be hard to shoot in there..
see the garage in this photo? We park deep in there.. my garage- the red building

#12 IowaJenny

IowaJenny

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:11 PM

I was looking at our old photos. Are these ghost type orbs or dust?

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

#13 IowaJenny

IowaJenny

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

If it exploded it would have taken a force on it's edge. Tempered glass doesn't shatter easily if you hit it head on, but any pressure on it's edge can sometimes be enough to make it explode.

Mentioning the hole you saw...something had to have punched through it. I'd go over the scene with a fine toothed comb to see if you can find the culprit. And my only question for you...do you have kids? I've had all sorts of "paranormal" happenings with mine. :lol:

there was a penny.. I was thinking it was just change on the floor.. grasping for straws here. I will look through my photos from yesterday before picking it all up.

#14 Daveofspades

Daveofspades

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

You can get a digital voice recorder at walmart for 20 bucks that will work just fine if you want to do EVP's. I will be one of the few people that will tell you to not play self investigator. If you want it investigated and you think there might be activity in your home or around you, call in a team. The truth is, you have no idea what it could be if there is a spiritual entity around. Last thing you need is an attachment forming because you got overly curious about activity in your home. Bring someone else in and keep your distance as much as possible from the activity that happens.

#15 IowaJenny

IowaJenny

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

You can get a digital voice recorder at walmart for 20 bucks that will work just fine if you want to do EVP's. I will be one of the few people that will tell you to not play self investigator. If you want it investigated and you think there might be activity in your home or around you, call in a team. The truth is, you have no idea what it could be if there is a spiritual entity around. Last thing you need is an attachment forming because you got overly curious about activity in your home. Bring someone else in and keep your distance as much as possible from the activity that happens.

Are you saying that I should try and act as though this does not bug me act as though I do not notice it so that it loses interest in us? If there is an it? Stuff is really starting to happen daily now. Today I found all of our cats were locked in a room and the lights were turned on in there, when I got home from work.. If ignoring will help, we will stop talking about this and lose interest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users