I think I've finally found my "religion"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:26 AM

I've decided that I'm a buddhist... My friend's mom gave me some books to read through (for when I can read books again, the curve in the text makes me motion sick and I can only read on the computer because you can mess with the font).... I'm no longer floating along... I've buddhism because it's more spiritual than alot of religions. Plus I think Buddha was such a wise man. I still have reading up to do on the religion, but I think I've found my niche.
Love life.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

Good luck StellaKitty! Understand and Realize, is the way out :Wall:
Posted Image

#3 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

~I'm so happy for you sweety! :wow:

I've tried many times to figure out what religion I most fit in with, but my own personal searches have landed me with the same basic outcome......do good, respect others, learn to forgive, help those in need, do not lie, do not cheat, be kind to your neighbor, have unconditional love for your children, giving is better than receiving (thats my own there lol), and teach your children to respect their elders. There's more, but it's just the way I enjoy living life and learn every day I live. I always thought I needed a certain religion to go by, but the bottom line is the same through out....well, almost. lol
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#4 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

You should follow chaoism. Believe what you want, when you want, no dogma. Or don't, I'm not a recruiter, I just like to hear myself type. =P
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#5 fatman

fatman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:10 AM

Good one, Mobid.
Even though I'm an atheist, that basically the way I see like; believe what you want, etc., just don't press it on me if I don't welcome it.

#6 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

Congrds on finding a path! Mine is still under construction! :clap:
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#7 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

Congratulations! I considered myself somewhat of a Buddhist for many years before taking a different path. My current path is an unorthodox version of an orthodox mainstream religion....if that makes any sense!

But I have a lot of love and respect for Buddhism. It's a beautiful religion. I hope you find peace and everything you're looking for on that path!

#8 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

Whatever liberates and you feel good in your heart all the best!! Better to believe in higher power than nothing!

Whatever

#9 fatman

fatman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:02 AM

Whatever liberates and you feel good in your heart all the best!! Better to believe in higher power than nothing!

You just condradicted your own statement.
I'd rather believe in nothing if that's where my head takes me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users