Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

The Shining Sequel

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

King Working On The Shining Sequel

STEPHEN KING has thrilled horror fans by announcing he has started work on a sequel to his most famous book - THE SHINING.

The 1977 novel was adapted for the big screen three years later and the film, directed by Stanley Kubrick and starring Jack Nicholson, became a cult classic.

King confirmed he is writing a follow-up during an appearance in Toronto, Canada this week (beg23Nov09) and revealed the story will be set 40 years later and focus on the lead character Jack Torrance's son Danny.

The sequel is tentatively titled Doctor Sleep.

But King admits he's nervous about writing a follow-up to his best known story, joking to the crowd, "Maybe if I keep talking about it I won't have to write it."
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

That might be interesting.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

This is something to really look forward to. I'm not one to buy a lot of books, but this would definitely be one to add to my collection.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#4 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

That's gonna be a tough one for Mr. King. A sequel to The Shining? Alot of fans of that book.
I give it a read.

#5 spooksfield

spooksfield

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:00 PM

King has such a commanding understanding of the supernatural. His works are laced with occult beliefs and paranormal phenomena, way beyond just ghosts and ghoulies. His seminal work "The Dark Tower" series alone has prophecy, walk-ins, multi-verse, numerology and synchronicity, curses and blessings, along with many concepts on the edge of current paranormal studies ( ie thought responsive universe and the collective subconscious) so if anyone can do it it would be him. I'll mos def check it out.

Has anyone else been to "The Stanley" in Colorado the inspiration for the tale?
2012:The Paranormal CookbookConvergence of Reality and the SupernaturalDrops in January 2010spooksfield.com

#6 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

Checked his site out today and he personally mentioned in a video interview that we shouldn't hold our breath on this. Personally, I'll keep hoping like everyone else...I think it would make a great story.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#7 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

I'd read it... I can remember when I first read the shining... I was 12 and was babysitting, and I just get to the part where the hotel is coming to life and it's really windy where I live (because we live in a canyon, the winds pick up.... Where I live is actually called "Windy Point")... I swear I was going to have a panic attack! I had to call my mommy. I live about an hour from The Stanley... When I get better, I fully expect my parents to take me there.
Love life.

#8 spooksfield

spooksfield

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:03 PM

normally i wouldn't be down with a author rworkig a theme but King is a good author and already tackled it with The Talisman and Black House w Peter Straubb) where the main character is a child in the first tale and amn adult in the second and that actually came out pretty well.

B
2012:The Paranormal CookbookConvergence of Reality and the SupernaturalDrops in January 2010spooksfield.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users