Pennies!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

Now that Greg and I have settled into our new place and have done some work around the local cemeteries, we have been noticing "pennies" appearing at our apt. First I found about 3 in the house on the carpet, which had been vaccumed and Greg and I both keep our change in zippered wallets or put them in our change jar, so no way we dropped them in the places we found them. The last few weeks we have found them at our main door step into the building. Today at our apt. door, on the top of the landing rail and then another outside the main door again. We picked them up and have taken count. We left for about an hour, came back and there is another at our door in the same place it was last time.
Now, I do know that there is something about pennies and the spirit world, I do not know exactly what the intenstion is, but I was in the Gettysburg Cemetery and many of the graves had pennies on top of the headstones. I have seen this in other places too and have heard others experiences with finding pennies in odd places too and they relate it to a spirit having done so.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

We do know we have a few who have followed us home and we deal with them. The first thing that hits me, is that they like our visits and this is something to get our attention to come again. I hear and feel this, not sure I am on track, but we seem to make them happy...

Les and Greg
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#2 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:30 PM

Hi Leslie,

That's interesting about pennies on the gravestones at gettsburg. Unfortunately, since it is not a controlled environment, it makes the most "cents" (I'm too funny right?) to assume they are just normal pennies left by normal people. I am not sure why they would do such a thing, but maybe it is like a tribute of some sort for the honored dead there.

Your pennies are a different story, I suppose. I have heard other stories about ghosts leaving coins around. Out of curiosity, what are your ghost pennies like? Are they all similar, or do they vary? Do I understand correctly that most of these coins have been found outside the environs of your apartment?

Do you think it would be more significant if they were rare or of a distant vintage? I guess coins form the future would really be something! :)

The idea that spirits would be leaving coins for people to find raises some questions in my mind.

Where do they get them?
How do they move them?
What are they trying to accomplish by doing this?
Why leave such a common object?

We can't really answer these, of course. It's fun to think about though.

Regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#3 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

When I lived in CA, I lived way up on a mountain, not easy to be accessed at all and private, I had a mexican dollar show up one day on my lawn. I had raked the lawn the day before, I know I would have seen this coin, since it is a rather large coin and silver.
Long history back in there and part of it had to do with the Presidente who was on this coin, to the best of our knowledge.
It is interesting.

These pennies have random dates and have been found inside our hallway. There is only the two apts up stairs where I live and this began before the new neighbors moved in. The other neighbors are either asleep or at work when we find these. This is a small building, only 8 units total and the others have there own entrance from outside doors. Not a busy sidewalk area either, very few people come by if at all.

Les

#4 PJay

PJay

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, art, reading, collecting gargoyles.

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:23 PM

Do you keep a list of the dates of the pennies?

#5 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:12 PM

Lulaboo use to have the same thing happen to her at her house. She believed it was her uncle that died trying to get her attention. She would hear a coin drop onto the floor from out of nowhere.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#6 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

Yes, I keep the coins.

Kat, I do remember telling about that, I just couldn't remember who it was! TY.

I also forgot that Greg had one show up on his front seat of his car on top of items he had in there. He had just come home and went back down to get something and there it was, so he brought it in. He also had a dragon charm show up on his seat once too, just prior to my arrival in Illinois.

We do see new spirits popping in around us a lot lately, we just can't get who is doing what.

Les

#7 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:58 PM

~I have had this happen to me since my Grandma passed away...and it's still going on. When I was a little girl, everytime I'd find a penny at my Grandmas home, she'd place it on top of a shelf. When she passed away 8 years ago & we were going through and cleaning out her home, guess what...the pennies were still on the shelves! I still have the pennies in my jewelry box, but to this day I'm always finding pennies around the house here, same spots that I was just at. So I 1) put them on one of my shelves and 2) thank my Grandma for letting me know she's still around.

I'd also like to know if there's a meaning behind it or if it's truly my Grandma coming to let me know she's still here with me.

Leslie & Greg, I couldn't get on here fast enough to respond....didn't even get to read others' responses. I just thought this was something only I was experiencing....so maybe there is an awesome meaning behind it? I think so.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#8 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:02 AM

Thanks LaurieAnn! I remember you spoke of this once too here on GV. Thats why it seemed to spark my attention.

We found another one at our door inside the building again this morning. Its quite a lot in the last couple of days. It does seem to be more related to our visits to the cemetery. We had not gone for about a week, we were working on "Miracle On 34th Street" at the community theater. But now the show has started and we had time to go walking again and the pennies started to show up again.

We do feel that the random dates on the pennies mean nothing, they are just what they have been able to find is our guess. It doesn't take a lot of energy to move a penny and place it.

Les and Greg

#9 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:38 AM

Again this morning, 3 in a row, all heads up! Its quite interesting....

#10 Rexx In Naples

Rexx In Naples

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Too Many To List, But my current interest is going into Improv. I am working on a show as we speak to spirits.

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

:kitty: I have an idea, actually two of them,,unless you have already tried, if I has pennies appear in my home or moved around, I would do an experiment and lay out a few nickels in the same spot the pennies appeared, maybe even lay out a few pennies next to them, and see what happens,,,,,but here is an idea I think would be even more unique,,next time around, and you find new pennies, don't touch them, instead remove them with paper/tissue,,,and see if you can get a fingerprint off of them. another similar idea would be to polish a few pennies, lay them out,,,and see if the spirit has handled them. {if there is anyway you can get a fingerprint off the coin, or use a magnifying lens} Let me know what you think,,,,,Thanks,,,,,Rexx. :whoohoo: :kitty:

#11 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:08 PM

With the constant handling of pennies that occurs, I don't think that would work. Besides, ever see the actual fingers on an entity? Spirits use energy, not actual body, so this I am certain would not work.
I also have to add, that no one we know, would be doing any such thing, let alone the dingy neighbors we have. Everyone keeps to themselves.

It is an interesting thought tho....

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#12 tommyhancock

tommyhancock

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:25 AM

i think he meant more to see if any prints would come up at all.if there were no prints that would be extremely crazy and would even further the thought that something supernatural was doing it.on the other hand pennies are handled so much that i bet ghosts would leave them lying around with fingerprints anyways.

i never heard of the pennies things.i have heard of it with silver dollars,which i imagine became popular because sd's were placed over the eyes of the recently deceased.maybe its true ith all coins,who knows.

i can't offer an answer but i can share a crazy experience.keep in mind im not 100% sure on how this happened so please feel free to draw your own conclusions.also since this is your post not mine i will spare the details: i came home from what was 3 busy days of writing/recording music.in the 3 days i maybe have slept a grand total of 6 hours.i would bet on a few less though.so needless to say i was dropdead tired on the way back i had gotten some food for me and a buddy the change back was 42 dollars and some cents.in this case the coins are not relevant though.i had a 20 3 5's amd 7 1's.once i got into my room i emptied my pockets of the money,which was crumpled and balled up as opposed to folded,and threw it,rather carelessly onto my desk.
that night i dreamed i was walking around my house looking for something,i gave up and walked back to my room.when i opened the door i saw a woman with white hair,looked bleached blonde rather than old lady white,she appeared to be in her late 30's early 40's.she was on the floor while this man beat her mercilessly,he was punching her and then stomping her face in until he started to choke her.for some reason i knew i couldnt touch her or this man so i just stood petrified.when i turned around the while haired lady was standing there behind me watching as well,looking even more shocked and awestruck than i had been,then she turned and and said "help me" "i dont know how"i replied.i knew she didnt mean make him stop attacking her,at this point it was clear she was already dead.she said she would pay me if i helped her,i said it wasnt necessary,that if i could think of a way to help i would gladly,but not to get her hopes up. she insisted that if i help her she would gladly pay me and then she said "i'll give you something now and so you know you can trust me,and if you help me i'll give you a lot more." "okay" i said,not one to turn down $ too insistently.
i woke up and i was going to go to the bathroom.something caught my eye first though.in the midst of all my crumpled bills there was 1 perfectly straight $5 bill.i freaked out,not in a scared way but i was definitely creeped,because there was a white hair on this 5 and it was stuck on with what to me looked a helluva lot like blood.i took it out and asked 4 different people what it looked like. "white hair stuck on with blood",i didnt tell them about the dream i had until after i got their opinions without giving them any sort of suggestions.
so i went back thinking more straight now and counted the money. a 20 was there balled up along with 7 ones and 2 5s,the "bloody" one was the third.so i thought,okay the "blood and hair"is a bit weird following that dream,but here i have the same amount of money,$42, and with the same amount of bills.so i pulled the hair off and tossed it in the trash and washed the "blood" off with peroxide and soap(it was hard as hell to get whatever it was off)and didnt think much of it for a few days.
now three days after this i hadnt gotten any new money that wasnt put directly into my wallet and quite neatly(i am usually extremely neat with my $ and hate it crumpled,on that night i was tired and did'nt have my wallet,and so i crumplednote:its an extremely rare thing*).i was looking for a notebook i had lyrics in so i could get them to the 2nd vocalist in my band,well former band.as i found it on the floor near my desk,i saw something near my tv stand.it was a crumpled and balled up 5 dollar bill.at 1st i couldnt see how it had gotten here,then it hit me.the only thing that makes sense is that it fell here that night i came back with my crumpled moneyand just threw it onto the desk,i literally had not looked down there for anything,had no reason to.so when i counted out the 42 dollars total with this bloody hairy $5 bill,one of the original bills was on the floor and thus not counted.so the total i had was $47.$5 more than i actually had.
so i had a dream that a dead lady with white hair was gonna give me money,then got $5 out of nowhere that just happened to have what appeared to be blood on it and what was for sure a long white hair.

in short i dont know that it was this woman who put the $5 there,but that makes the most sense to me.truthfully the bill stink and it was the 1st 1 i spent just so i could get rid of it haha.her leaving it makes more sense to me though than it materializing out of thin air with white hair attached.

that said,since i dont feel sure enough that that $5 bill was from the lady in my dreams,i also dont feel sure enough to say that the pennies are from ghosts either.i do trust that if youre so sure theres no chance you guys could have dropped the pennies,then this is indeed the case.i am sure enough to say my $5 bill was completely unaccounted for aside from the ghost leaving it for me theory.in your case maybe a ghost leaving pennies makes the most sense as well. i wish i had a ghost,or anything leaving me money of any size constantly,beats claims of ghosts draining batteries for sure haha. but man if ghosts left me $5 as often as it seems they leave you pennies i would be a smiling fella

#13 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

Les n Greg

Fantastic story !!! any $50 dollar bills? send em my way :Wall:

love n hugs to u both

Mark :weeee:

#14 TwoCrows

TwoCrows

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

I've had both pennies and dimes appear at different times. I've also tried the technique of leaving coins at a cemetary to see if coins later manifest around me. The results have varied and of course it's not any kind of "proof" just an interesting experiment.

#15 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

I have had this happen to me as well. Mostly pennies but sometimes assorted change. I checked the years which were not connected, so I put them in a jar and never plan on spending them, of course unless they add up quicker than they do right now. Would be nice to wake up to a bunch of 20.00 or $50.00 dollar bills, but that seems rather out of the question. :weeee:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users