Pennies!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

I wonder why its almost always pennies. Quarters would be a lot more useful. :weeee:
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#17 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

Wish I knew exactly...lol!

Greg found a penny frozen to the hood of my car this morning! My car is not at the street, its in our private lot and faces a tree..... not a likely place for a person to go and put a penny there.

Greg found one in his coat pocket. He doesn't put change in his pockets, ever.
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#18 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

Was wondering if any of our non-american members have similar coin folklore, and does it concern copper coins?

Greg

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#19 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:30 AM

I'm not sure, but I think the older pennies were made out of zinc & the newer ones were made out of copper. Maybe there's some type of connection as to what metals the spirits can "control" versus that of quarters, nickels, or even paper money. But like I said, not too sure of the metal in the older versus the newer pennies.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#20 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

I'm not sure, but I think the older pennies were made out of zinc & the newer ones were made out of copper. Maybe there's some type of connection as to what metals the spirits can "control" versus that of quarters, nickels, or even paper money. But like I said, not too sure of the metal in the older versus the newer pennies.

Pennies were made mostly of copper up until 1982 when they were changed to a copper plated zinc composition. During 1943 they were zinc plated steel to save copper for the WWII war effort. The followng years, they were made of bronze from spend shell casings. FWIW, I am also a numismatist.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#21 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:36 PM

Ok update on the pennies.....

They keep happening quite often, even on our table in the livingroom when we come home, but last night was a wild one.

We got ready for bed, after having been there before (ahem), got back into bed, but before I did I straightened the sheet again and got in. I moved to settle in. I felt something cold under my rear. I reached to find it and it was a freaking PENNY! I told Greg to turn the light on to show him. We laughed and thought, well I guess we had an audience....lol. That was such a quick event I was amazed, but for crying outloud....not under my rear!!!!
We still never carry any change in our pockets, nor do we sit on the bed in our clothes, its an air bed, so we are very careful about things. We don't leave any change out anywhere, we have a jar in the cabinet in the kitchen with a lid on it, all other change is in our zipper compartments in our wallets.

Its been entertaining none the less with our guests that pop in and out.

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#22 Southern Charm

Southern Charm

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:21 PM

I wonder why its almost always pennies. Quarters would be a lot more useful. :Wall:

We find dimes. Angels and spirits sometimes leave gifts of coins or feathers.
Southern Belle

#23 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:54 AM

Very very interesting. So I have a couple things to contribute. First of all I have had a case that included a story of pennies. In this case though it was a father that had passed and when he was alive he use to throw pennies at his son. Usually just to get his attention (ya know teenagers) Well even after the father had passed the son was still getting hit in the head with pennies out of no where and with no one home sometimes. Basically my only explanation was that it had to be the father and that it was just his way of letting him know that he was still there. I've heard many times that spirits will do little things to get our attention. It can be anything from leaving change or often in my experience they mess with the times. Clocks and such. It's the little things that they can manipulate. Also it usually tends to be the little things because if it was something bigger you would probably be scared. Well most people.

I def think you have a visitor. I think because you are paying attention to it and ruling out things that you have a better chance that you do have someone stopping by. Maybe it was just their "thing" when they were alive. Maybe it's just because it got your attention with it that it keeps happening. If it were me I would keep track, even keep a log, of where you are finding them and the years. Also maybe if you wanted to it wouldn't hurt to maybe use them as a trigger object. Maybe not so much for fingerprints or anything but if you left them on a piece of paper with circle drawn around it...you would know if they moved.

Oh and I had to add this. There is a book out there called "Do ghosts see me in the shower" For some reason I know this question gets asked a lot. The answer I have seen is that no they don't. They have better things to do. But I beg to differ... I had a very similar experience to your "bedroom" story where we were not alone lol. It was a little more then a penny in the bad after though lol. I'll save that story for the adult section :)
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#24 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

Thanks Trish.
We know we have visitors all the time. We have been dealing with them on a regular basis. Read Les' profile. We do a lot of work with a paranormal group here. They call us in and we validate who the spirit is with names etc., from what they already gathered and do not disclose with us, including the location of where we are going till the day of the event driving there, we follow them.
Les just wanted to share our experiences here with the pennies. We have also been helping put back some of the headstones that have been vandalized here at one of the local cemeteries. The pennies started after our first visit there and Les was approached by a female spirit, which there is a whole thread on it here somewhere....Susan's Headstone, I believe is the title.

Greg and Les

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#25 Alan1976

Alan1976

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hi all, I found this board via goggle. I searched for pennies dropping because this has happened to me 3 times over the past few years, the last time was today.

1st time I was sitting at my computer when a penny dropped into my lap. 2nd time a penny dropped onto the floor in my room. Both of these happened with no witnesses and not many people believe me.

But today I was standing with a work friend by our tea/coffee machine. Its a Saturday so the factory was empty and quite when myself and my friend heard a bang on the bin next to the drinks machine that we was standing no more than 12 inches away.

We both looked at the bin and was amazed to see a penny had fallen from nowhere onto the bin, my friend laughed and said where did that come from. But after I had explained this had happened to me before he stopped laughing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users