• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Caper Company

Caper Company

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:36 PM

Uh huh. Itís official. Everybody and his hairy cousin is jumping on the paranormal tv bandwagon.

The latest entry is ďThe HauntedĒ on Animal Planet. Yes, Animal Planet. Itís about spirit dogs, ghost cats and spectral lemurs (okay, I made that one up) and the places they haunt. In the style vein of Discovery Channelís ďA HauntingĒ, this new show seems nicely done. Itís about quality storytelling, and I hand it to Animal Planet here. The storytelling is good.

Live pets are also heavily featured as ďThe HauntedĒ explores the theory that animals are sensitive to paranormal activity. From their ďAboutĒ pageÖ

ďAnimals are commonly believed to be more sensitive than humans. According to psychics, they are capable of sensing spirits that cannot be seen or heard by even the sharpest minds. THE HAUNTED chronicles true, chilling and terrifying stories of animals and their owners who are experiencing the unexplainable.Ē

Check it out for yourself at http://animal.discov...tv/the-haunted/ If you watch their video clips, you have to get past their sponsor ads. But if youíre used to hulu, itís not so bad. Theyíre short.

Their next episode is on December 6th at 9pm CST. Add this to the line-up and Iím never going to get out of the house. Bliss.

By the way - All opinions here are mine. If I could get a sponsorship from Animal Planet to flog their show, youíd hear me shouting joy from the rooftops. :(

#2 LanceM

LanceM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal. music. creating web sites

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:56 PM

sounds like it could be interesting.

#3 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

Just curious if anyone else watches this show... I was watching the most recent episode (I set my DVR to record them) this morning and they are really into the whole demon thing. And I was laughing my head off because they said that they caught an orb on video and it was obviously dust (it was very flat and transperant) and the priest on there doing the exorcisim said that orbs fall into two catogories... Demonic and Angelic. *rolls eyes* Why is everyone so into demons and think that every malevent haunting means there is a demonic presence?
Love life.

#4 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:05 PM

I saw an episode that centered around paranormal activity at a farm where the family took in rescue horses. The conclusion arrived at was that it was the earthbound spirit of a man who owned that farm and was just there because he was glad that the place was being used for farming again. Once the family knew that there was no threat, they relaxed and have no problems now. I don't think that all the episodes are about malevolent or evil entities, but it does seem that most programs about the paranormal deal with demons. It's always a good idea to remember that it's called "show business" because it's just that - a business and business exists for profit. Shows about friendly, helpful ghosts might be more true to real situations, but demons and possessions will get the high ratings. High ratings means more advertising dollars. Like all paranormal shows on television, keep in in your mind that it's for entertainment only and you won't be bothered by this stuff.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#5 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

I really like this show. I wasnt crazy about the Priest, but IMO it was a Demonic haunting, and they are nothing to laugh about. Also they are just as common as other hauntings. I felt terrible for the woman, twins and doggies. People dont realize that shows dont make this stuff up, it happens. Its funny that so many believe in human hauntings, poltergeists, and malevolent, but seems Demonics are a joke or fake. They are not joke, and I was glad to see the dogs lived, but I wish they could get a demonologist in there ASAP and there are two in CT...JMO

#6 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:28 PM

Red-
I saw the one with the horses and I liked that one... I know it's all for entertainment. I think spirits just want you to know that they are there and that you are going to take care of the place they loved so dearly... Acknowledge them and don't be afraid and I believe that things will settle down. To me it's a thing of mind over matter.
Love life.

#7 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

I started watching an episode and I had a hard time getting into it. My first thought was I would love it, being the whole animals and ghosts thing, but it kind of reminded my of a haunting because of all the graphics and stuff. Did I give up too fast? Should I watch it again? The only problem is the usual showings of it interfere with my TV schedule, so I'll probably have to watch it on youtube.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#8 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:23 PM

I have seen it on but I never took the time to watch it. Guess what I'll be doing this week. LOL
Posted Image

#9 Aesalon

Aesalon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:25 PM

It actually isn't a bad show...for entertainment... I think the 'honesty factor' falls somewhere between Paranormal State and Ghost Adventures...take that however you like. :)
-AesCome and visit the FBN team web site!!Fly By Night Paranormal Investigations (Southwest Iowa / Southeast Nebraska)We are also now on Facebook!

#10 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

I am so addicted to Ghost Adventures. I even seen Jeff on there during their live show.
I have my dvr recording every episode repeat or not. LOL
So if it's like that, then i'm going to watch it.
Posted Image

#11 Aesalon

Aesalon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

I am so addicted to Ghost Adventures. I even seen Jeff on there during their live show.

Well, it isn't quite that entertaining...I don't think it has ever made me spit Diet Mountain Dew out of my nose.
-AesCome and visit the FBN team web site!!Fly By Night Paranormal Investigations (Southwest Iowa / Southeast Nebraska)We are also now on Facebook!

#12 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

LOL Aesalon! I hate when that happens.
Posted Image

#13 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:04 AM

Well, it isn't quite that entertaining...I don't think it has ever made me spit Diet Mountain Dew out of my nose.

I agree, actually, the only reason I watch that show is because Zak Bagans is one hot man. Other than that, I laugh at their stupidity.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#14 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

Just curious if anyone else watches this show... I was watching the most recent episode (I set my DVR to record them) this morning and they are really into the whole demon thing. And I was laughing my head off because they said that they caught an orb on video and it was obviously dust (it was very flat and transperant) and the priest on there doing the exorcisim said that orbs fall into two catogories... Demonic and Angelic. *rolls eyes* Why is everyone so into demons and think that every malevent haunting means there is a demonic presence?

yes, i catch this when i can; there was one about a candle shop that was really interesting; it's entertainment
Fondly,the Queen
"What a long strange trip it's been" aka Grateful Dead
The West Memphis 3 Are Free!!!!!
www.wm3.org

#15 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

Well, lets just say they over dramatized it a bit.
They put a lot of extra graphics and stuff in at random times to try to at the "scary" affect, and I think they do that more than they actual try to prove the paranormal phenomena. And sure, animals could be sensitive to it, but how can we prove that? Animals can't speak english...so they can't tell us whats going on. If a dog randomly starts barking, well call me crazy but I'm pretty sure most dogs do that. They kind of jump to conclusions about silly little things, that's my opinion anyone. If someone thinks differently I would like to hear what they have to say...

Maili

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users