• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Caper Company

Caper Company

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

My dog certainly barks at random times and is so oblivious at others that the squirrel has to smack him on the nose for him to notice. He's sensitive to emotions, though. If I'm down, he crowds in.

The couple times I've seen the show on Animal Planet, it seems well produced. But, it's focus is on an entertaining story, not about proof. Mind you, I love an entertaining story -- and as long as it's understood that that's what the show is about, then more power to them.

#17 AlyssaM

AlyssaM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

I view that show like I do most paranormal shows and scary movies ... as pure entertainment.

I enjoy that they help open discussions up and the topics that they might pose, but I find it hard to attach too much relevance or weight to any of them really.

If nothing else, it's great background noise whilst you work on the computer or read a book or do something productive.
~Alyssa

#18 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

I have merged these two topics as they are about the same television program.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#19 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that "prove" a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

Just curious if anyone else watches this show... I was watching the most recent episode (I set my DVR to record them) this morning and they are really into the whole demon thing. And I was laughing my head off because they said that they caught an orb on video and it was obviously dust (it was very flat and transperant) and the priest on there doing the exorcisim said that orbs fall into two catogories... Demonic and Angelic. *rolls eyes* Why is everyone so into demons and think that every malevent haunting means there is a demonic presence?

I agree with you, my personal feelings on Angelic and Demonic presences aside, It does seem like lately everyone has been getting on a "Everything is a demon" kick. I haven't seen the specific episode you are speaking of but as far as the priest goes...well he is a priest, I mean of course he is going to say if you see an orb its either an angel or a demon. I forget the name of the show but it seems like every episode the dude was battling a demonic possession...if a picture falls of the walls its cause a demon is trying to break through?...really? Maybe it's just me but it seems more likely that the only demon was in his wallet telling him to make bad TV that would frighten the mostly christian population of the US into watching the show to know what signs to look for in case the demons come for them too... Really wish I could remember the name of that show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users