25 replies to this topic

#1 Caper Company

Caper Company

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:31 PM

Hey Baby. Whatís your totem?

For a number of my friends and acquaintances, that would be the perfect pick up line. Being of Native American descent, Iíve already found my spirit animal. Tooling around on the interwebs, I also found this fun on-line quiz. I was a bit skeptical, but the quiz did come up with the correct spirit animal. Oh me of little faith. Jeri Smith-Ready posted the quiz on her blog to draw attention to her novels, but the quiz is cool too. Her novels might be fab also ó I confess, I havenít read them.

Speaking of faith, a spirit animal can be a mighty fine companion ó especially when times are tough. Itís like having an imaginary friend regardless of your age. I highly recommend it.

So, if youíre up for a wee, non-peyote induced spirit quest, try this ó take the quiz and find your animal. Then go to Linnís Domain and page down to the bottom. Scoot past where sheís selling tarot readings and the like ó unless youíre interested, then knock yourself out. Towards the bottom of the page are links to all kinds of spirit animals. Find yourself and click. I really like the way theyíre presented here. Who knows, you might find something to think about. At the very least, itís an enjoyable distraction.

So baby, whatís your totem?

Rawr,

Susan Scot Fry

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

Well, I tried that quiz and it only got three right and screwed up the order.... so, I am not really buying into it.. BUT it was fun and thanks for posting it!
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 Bear Dude

Bear Dude

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

not too bad for me. My primary spirit animals are hawk and bear but owl beat out hawk by 1 point for 1st with bear coming in 4th (surprisingly). Interesting survey. thx for the link

#4 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:39 PM

Yo I run with the pack!!!!!

You are a Wolf! (your score: 31)
Characters: Marek, Alanka, Kerza, and Kara in the Aspect of Crow trilogy and "Storm Reaper"; Lance in "The Wild's Call"

Powers: Stealth, hunting ability, enhanced senses of smell and hearing, as well as strength and stamina

"Family comes first" could be a Wolf's motto. You form deep connections with close friends and family members, and they know you'd do anything to protect them. You're loyal, devoted, and passionate. Your worst fear is being alone, but be careful not to drown your loved ones in too much emotion.

Best matches: Swans, Otters, Crows

Watch out for: Spiders, Owls, Foxes

Whatever

#5 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:53 AM

Cute quiz, wonder which one of the 4 types of animal totems the quiz is geared for. Had the same score for hawk and wolverine so I guess that makes me a hawkerine or a wolawk??!!

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:12 AM

You are a Wolverine!
Spider
Bear
Horse
Fox
Cougar
Crow
Hawk
Swan
Wolf
Owl
Otter
...no wonder I'm so dang tired!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:49 AM

Ok, ok....

Hawk and then wolf......yes, Greg a Holf or a walk???

Crap....

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#8 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:51 AM

Ok, ok....

Hawk and then wolf......yes, Greg a Holf or a walk???

Crap....

Les

lmao...too funny!! Here Les...sendin' ya a cup of my coffee, that'll wake ya up! lol
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#9 angelia79

angelia79

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Of course all things paranormal, in addition to: Reading (alot), Music, MORE Music, UFC, MMA, Football, MORE Music, laughing at my pet (a Goffin's Cockatoo named Chico (he's CRAZY!!), training at the dojo, working, fishing, spending as much time with family as possible; you only have them here on Earth w/ you for such a short time, hanging and playing XBox 360 w/ my 11yr old son, spending time w/ the love of my life, Dave, we've been together just about 13yrs. .....hmmm.... can't think of anything more at the moment...

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

My totem is an Owl...w/ a Wolverine 1pt behind it, lol.
Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far. Shine on you crazy diamond!

#10 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

I got Spider and Crow. Crider? Flying, eight legged beast. Girlies look out.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#11 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that &quot;prove&quot; a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:08 PM

Bah...wolverine...just cause I get grumpy every now and then doesn't mean I am aggressive :P

#12 angelia79

angelia79

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Of course all things paranormal, in addition to: Reading (alot), Music, MORE Music, UFC, MMA, Football, MORE Music, laughing at my pet (a Goffin's Cockatoo named Chico (he's CRAZY!!), training at the dojo, working, fishing, spending as much time with family as possible; you only have them here on Earth w/ you for such a short time, hanging and playing XBox 360 w/ my 11yr old son, spending time w/ the love of my life, Dave, we've been together just about 13yrs. .....hmmm.... can't think of anything more at the moment...

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:22 PM

My totem is an Owl...w/ a Wolverine 1pt behind it, lol.

Ok...I'll try to combine mine into one word too. "Owlverine"?...no...I got it....since owls make the sound 'Hoo'...my totem is a Hooverine.

#13 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that &quot;prove&quot; a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:19 PM

My closest Behind Wolverine was Owl but it was a whole 7 points back, so I guess I am destined to be a Wolverine...Really hard to think of a way to mix Wolverine and Owl any differently.....

#14 Billydew

Billydew

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Reading intelligently written books, listening to music (folk/blues/rock/'50s/'60s/'70s),art,writing poetry, vegetarian cookery, history, animals, astrology and all things mystical, countryside, some T.V., some radio, films, theatre, restaurants, art galleries and museums.

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:29 AM

I'm a swan! Now that was not what I was expecting, but if it means I'm not the ugly duckling I always thought I was, hey who am I to argue?!
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again." Thomas Paine.

#15 angelia79

angelia79

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

I'm a swan! Now that was not what I was expecting, but if it means I'm not the ugly duckling I always thought I was, hey who am I to argue?!

I'm sure you're no ugly duckling!! Don't think that of yourself. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users