Sulfur Smell

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Robbiew80

Robbiew80

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:54 PM

Hey everybody, My name is Robbie. My family has had some unexplained things to happen to my Mom who lives behind me. I wanted to start by saying I have a very close family and My mom is my best friend and me and my wife have to Young men 18 and 20. We are some what religious and attend church 3 times a week. We are Pentecostal and believe in the Holy spirit and are of sound mind. Years ago My family has had a encounter with a evil spirit back in 1988 and crying out the name of Jesus it left as fast as it came. ( Just a little history) In 2003 my father passed away with cancer in our home that we lived in for 35 years. My father has a a godly man and I know he made peace before he left this earth. They say that when you lose a love one close you will have at least one dream about them. My mother had a wonderful dream about him and he was laughing and cutting up my dad was a real character. My dream came 2 years after his passing and he was walking down a hall laughing and told me I was doing good keep the family strong and continue what he started. Not long after my Mom's dream still in the old house she woke up 3.00 am one morning and sensed a presents in the bedroom with her, She was not alarmed or scared she just felt like it maybe my dad checking in on her. Her encounters was always wee hours in the morning. After a few encounters she happen to mention it to me over morning coffee. I told her anything was possible. After a while she noticed when she sensed this presents in the room she could smell a strong pungent smell like something burning but it would dissipate real fast. In 2004 as a family we decided to move on our farm some 25 miles in the country. I have my house and I moved my mother in a house behind mine. One morning over coffee she mentioned that she had not felt that presents are that smell in the new home. Sometime in 2006 wee hours of the morning she sensed it again in the new house. She has never been frightened by it are saw anything to give her some concern. This morning over morning coffee she informed me she sensed the presents 0300 and the burning smell was so strong that she got up to go to the bathroom and it was there her bedroom and she walked into the kitchen to get some water and in there also. It has never been that strong. I think it could have started out with a visit from my dad but this sulfur smell concerns me. Any info or direction anybody can give it will be appreciated....

Thanks
Robbie

#2 afterlife

afterlife

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, playing guitar, music, & the most Important FAMILY!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

Has any thing else occurred in the home such as objects moving, or any thing that doesn't seem right? Is there any other feelings along with the presence like sadness, fear, love, Ect.?

#3 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

Hi Robbie, and sorry for the loss of your Dad. Its said the odor of sulpher indicates a demon, but not always. Did your Dad smoke? Did he use matches to light a cig or fire in the fireplace. Considering there is nothing negative going on, I wouldnt worry about it. Normally a demonic haunting is pretty obvious and intense, but considering she discusses it over coffee, just chalk it up to striking matches, as it might be related to anyone that has passed. JMO

#4 Robbiew80

Robbiew80

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:58 PM

Hi Robbie, and sorry for the loss of your Dad. Its said the odor of sulpher indicates a demon, but not always. Did your Dad smoke? Did he use matches to light a cig or fire in the fireplace. Considering there is nothing negative going on, I wouldnt worry about it. Normally a demonic haunting is pretty obvious and intense, but considering she discusses it over coffee, just chalk it up to striking matches, as it might be related to anyone that has passed. JMO

Thanks for the info, I have heard that alot of times the sulfur smell is related to something negative. My dad use to smoke years ago, He quit in 1980 Neither house had a fireplace and both was electric heat the heater was central outside. Never was this sulfur smell until after he passed. Now my parents was married for 44 years and had a great marriage and great relationship. We have always been a open family and discuss just about everything. My father would always tell us that if he ever left this world he would if anyway possible check in on us from time to time. I guess if it was true and he was able to check in could that be opening a door to possibly something negative? I am not going to make a big deal over this with my mom. She always passes it off as a visit from dad, I am going to keep it that way unless something drastic happens.
The only thing that happened in the old house after my mom moved out was she sold it to a lady who claims that oneday she finished cleaning the kitchen and walk out for a moment and came back in and the kitchen cabinet doors was open, All of them. She moved out a few months later due to lack of funds, the family that lives there now are happy and never mentioned a thing. But old house or new house it has been pleasant and peaceful, other than wee hours of the morning and the sulfur smell, this may happen 3 to 4 times a year.
Thanks for your reply.
Robbie

#5 J.E. Seanachaí

J.E. Seanachaí

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy writing, gardening, and, of course, sharing ghost stories.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

That is strange. I was going to ask if you had a well [my grandmother's well smelled horrible and radiated sulfur throughout the house], but if you've moved 25 miles and still smell sulfur, it can't be your well water.

You mentioned you were religious...if the entity is bothering your family, you may want to use the same method you used to rid yourself of the previous one.
J.E. SeanachaíAuthor of the ghostly book, Haunted Voices from My Past: True Narratives of an Ohio Family

#6 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:37 PM

Hey everybody, My name is Robbie. My family has had some unexplained things to happen to my Mom who lives behind me. I wanted to start by saying I have a very close family and My mom is my best friend and me and my wife have to Young men 18 and 20. We are some what religious and attend church 3 times a week. We are Pentecostal and believe in the Holy spirit and are of sound mind. Years ago My family has had a encounter with a evil spirit back in 1988 and crying out the name of Jesus it left as fast as it came. ( Just a little history) In 2003 my father passed away with cancer in our home that we lived in for 35 years. My father has a a godly man and I know he made peace before he left this earth. They say that when you lose a love one close you will have at least one dream about them. My mother had a wonderful dream about him and he was laughing and cutting up my dad was a real character. My dream came 2 years after his passing and he was walking down a hall laughing and told me I was doing good keep the family strong and continue what he started. Not long after my Mom's dream still in the old house she woke up 3.00 am one morning and sensed a presents in the bedroom with her, She was not alarmed or scared she just felt like it maybe my dad checking in on her. Her encounters was always wee hours in the morning. After a few encounters she happen to mention it to me over morning coffee. I told her anything was possible. After a while she noticed when she sensed this presents in the room she could smell a strong pungent smell like something burning but it would dissipate real fast. In 2004 as a family we decided to move on our farm some 25 miles in the country. I have my house and I moved my mother in a house behind mine. One morning over coffee she mentioned that she had not felt that presents are that smell in the new home. Sometime in 2006 wee hours of the morning she sensed it again in the new house. She has never been frightened by it are saw anything to give her some concern. This morning over morning coffee she informed me she sensed the presents 0300 and the burning smell was so strong that she got up to go to the bathroom and it was there her bedroom and she walked into the kitchen to get some water and in there also. It has never been that strong. I think it could have started out with a visit from my dad but this sulfur smell concerns me. Any info or direction anybody can give it will be appreciated....

Thanks
Robbie

great to meet a fellow pentacostal; just to be safe you should have some prayer warriors from your church come over and bless your house and your mom's house. i never move into any house without having it blessed and the blood of Jesus pled over it. Merry Christmas to you and your family
Fondly,the Queen
"What a long strange trip it's been" aka Grateful Dead
The West Memphis 3 Are Free!!!!!
www.wm3.org

#7 Robbiew80

Robbiew80

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:58 AM

Thanks
Robbie

great to meet a fellow pentacostal; just to be safe you should have some prayer warriors from your church come over and bless your house and your mom's house. i never move into any house without having it blessed and the blood of Jesus pled over it. Merry Christmas to you and your family

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you and yours, It is funny cause I feel the same way, I walked the borders of this property in 2004 praying for Gods protection on the family. I got her a disposable camera by her bed side so next time she can snap some photos, But if something shows up negative we will have us a big old house cleansing .

Thanks for your input.

#8 Jacob_JABP

Jacob_JABP

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

The smell of sulfer indicates a bad spirit.
...JSB...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users