Prayers and vibes please

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

I got a call from where MH works at 10am, telling me that he had collapsed at work and was being taken by ambulance to the hospital :Spaz: When I got there, they had him trussed up like a Christmas turkey with IVs, heart moniters and EKG wires running all over the place. They had called the VA, who authorized a 24 hour observation and they admitted him. I talked to him about 10 minutes ago and needless to say, he's not a happy camper right now :( Right now, it doesn't look like he's had another heart attack but that's about all we know. I'll post more as I know it.

#2 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

Working on him now Frither, I got your email, sent you a note back already!
Hugs,
Les and Greg
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#3 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:10 PM

The last word I got is that they are going to do a stress test tomorrow morning and if the results of the test warrant it, a cardio catherization on Wednesday. The VA would only authorize a 24 hour observation and tomorow's stress test so if the results warrant a cardio cath, I don't know if they'll transfer him to the facility in Muskogee to do that or if they'll authorize the local hospital to do it. I just know that I'm scared :Spaz:

#4 J.E. Seanachaí

J.E. Seanachaí

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy writing, gardening, and, of course, sharing ghost stories.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

Wow, that tough! I hope everything turns out all right!
J.E. SeanachaíAuthor of the ghostly book, Haunted Voices from My Past: True Narratives of an Ohio Family

#5 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:04 PM

Sending prayers and hope your way! :hug:

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#6 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:17 PM

You and MH have been through so much... I will keep him in my thoughts. Sending white light and love...
Love life.

#7 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

He got released awhile ago and should be home afterwhile. About the only thing we know for sure is that the stress test came out OK and apparently, the problem is not with his heart.....what IS the problem? Good question! Anyone got any pings or guesses, wild or otherwise? This is the second time since October that he's fallen out and ended up in the hospital so figuring out what in heck IS going on would sure help ;)

#8 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:34 PM

J.E., the old-timers around here know that MH's folks call him their "miracle boy" with rabbit good right reason. This is the dude who in his 54 years of this time around, has survived 3 bouts of cancer, 2 heart attacks, traumatic brain injury and despite things like only having 1 lung, only 3/4 of a stomach, 1 functioning kidney and emphysema, along with cardiac disease, works full time in an on-your-feet-moving-10-12 hours a day job and by all accounts, runs the young pups right under the table. Look in the encyclopedia sometime for "Georgia Mule" and you will find Mystic Hippy's picture ;) ;) He says he's not stubborn, he's a Scorpio ;)

#9 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

OMG Sissy, I'm so terribly sorry I missed this!!

Plenty of prayers and vibes going out to you and "Georgia Mule". With everything you mentioned above that he's somehow escaped, I got the feeling that he just hasn't finished what he's sent here to do. His purpose here on this planet is way out of our range, but right now I'd settle for one his posts or responses.

Sissy, you know I'm only a small keyboard away if you need me for anything (ya know, before my dad was adopted his last name was McKinney)...so I have that 'ol stubborn Scotch Irish blood...enough for the both of us. Many hugs for you Sissy, you're such a strong woman and please keep us updated on MH.

I can't believe his stress test came back fine. The VA needs to do MORE...but I know. I know that when I used to pass out, they finally found a whole in the middle of my heart that I've had my whole life, but had been over looked. And all my stress tests used to come back fine. It was a combination of anxiety, high cholesterol, and the undying love for chicken livers. Please keep us updated Sissy, love ya's!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#10 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:01 PM

He got released awhile ago and should be home afterwhile. About the only thing we know for sure is that the stress test came out OK and apparently, the problem is not with his heart.....what IS the problem? Good question! Anyone got any pings or guesses, wild or otherwise? This is the second time since October that he's fallen out and ended up in the hospital so figuring out what in heck IS going on would sure help ;)

I told ya....but not gonna help I guess for a stubborn Georgia Mule.....

Greg and I understand fully....We shouldn't be here either...go figure!

Hug to you both!
Les and Greg

#11 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts &amp; crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

Many thanks for the prayers and vibes and assorted energies. Also, somebody... I'm not sure who... was sending me images of flowers, roses, I think. If it was one of you please let me know whether I was picking up or if it was just a vapor in the wind.

My heart stress test came out fine. My cholesterol is 150...which I understand is a pretty good number to have. They did find some damage on the bottom of my heart from an old heart attack. They also found some blockage in my left carotid artery. They ruled out the heart as being the cause for this visit to the hospital, but they are still unsure what the exact cause was.

I'm back home and will be returning to work 4 JAN when the plant reopens. I'm feeling fairly well except for still being a little flighty from all the oxygen and albuterol they were pumping into me. My stomach is a bit tender from all the shots in the belly. Having a jabillion EKG stickers stuck on and peeled off has left me a bit sore, but I'll get over it. That hospital food would definitely never compete with my cooking.

All in all, it's good to be home.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#12 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:01 AM

I'm glad you're in a good enough condition to post MH!
So did the docs recommend anything for you? I don't know like a change of diet or lifestyle?
At least you'll be well rested until after the new year.

Merry Christmas to you and frither!!!!

#13 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts &amp; crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

So did the docs recommend anything for you?

We discussed how my cholesterol had drastically dropped from being pretty high up around 380 down to 150. She knew I had not been taking my cholesterol pills. I told her that I had just about totally quit eating red meat and pork. I've been eating alot of chicken and fish...mainly salmon and tuna. I quit eating white bread and now eat whole wheat (WalMart split top wheat). I changed my butter to the original version I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. I can't tolerate lactose anymore and was drinking soy milk for awhile but changed over to lactose free vitamin D whole milk. I also gave up most my fried foods and have been either broiling or grilling. I've also been drinking alot of apple juice. Nothing fancy, the cheap WalMart brand of apple juice that you get about 8 juice boxes for about $2. I've also been eating alot of pears and apples. We get those Dole fruits in the little plastic cups. I get the diced pears and the apples with the cream stuff in them. The only other thing I can think of as far as diet is that I've been eating alot of refried beans lately. I smear them on a flour tortilla along with a little shredded cheddar and shredded moz and pop that into the toaster oven on 350 for about 8 minutes. Good munchies. Sometimes I'll sprinkle on some diced bell pepper and onion. Bright colored veggies and dark green veggies are good with meals.

My doc also said I should switch to decaf. She said it would help keep my BP down. The only other thing she said was that I should do my breathing treatments twice daily with my inhalers.

For anyone who is a bit squeamish about the Heart Healthy diet, you should really look into it. I wasn't very eager about it to start with until I started googling it in depth. Now it befuzzles me a bit why I didn't get into that diet alot earlier. It's not the bland culinary nightmare that alot of people think it is.

Excercise is important too.

...donning Scorpio suit...

I may have been just a slight bit omissive when discussing my work with the docs. I did tell them about my main job. I run a metal saw which mainly involves standing in front of a saw, pushing a few buttons to set the measurement, locking the metal into the vise then pushing a button to start the saw.

To give you a more realistic picture, I stay 2 days ahead on my metal so that I can help out in other areas on the line where we're short on people. I cut about 1800 pieces of metal a day along with helping to fabricate sash pieces and sling metal. Fabricating involves inserting the ends of the sash pieces into pneumatic cutters that punch holes and cut notches in the sash pieces for hardware attachment and screws. Slinging metal involves inserting the correct pieces of metal into the sash pieces. We run about 150 windows a day that require metal. Each window requires either 8 or 9 pieces of metal. I am also the only one who slings metal in the StormBreaker Sliders. Every StormBreaker Slider made by Simonton has my hands on it. All in all, my normal work day could be compared to 8 to 12 hours of dance-aerobics.

...removing Scorpio suit...

Did I mention it's good to be home?
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#14 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

Didn't I tell you.......

REST!!!

Miss ya and Love ya!
Les

#15 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

Well after reading your post there MH, it looks like we can't blame diet. I guess for a while you should mostly stick to doing your part of the job and not overextending yourself by helping out others. Yeah, I know it's hard not being able to help out, but hey, this is your health we're talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users