243 replies to this topic

#16 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 07:46 AM

Melody is a lovely name  :P
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers you will unfold. What are you waiting for? Spread your wings and soar-Christina Aguilera

#17 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 13 August 2003 - 08:08 AM

i have registered here as REDENEX. When I was first introduced to yahoo chat, i wanted a name. And at that time the song by the rednex -> Cotton Eye Joe was pretty famous. So I typed in rednex but i have mispelt the name and it bacame redEnex.  :P

when i came across GV i registered as rednex, and then found that i can use alias here. I am a Rock music lover and like good old bands. And one of my fav band is Iron Maiden. I opted to use MoonChild, as song title from the great maiden. Thats me! lol
Posted Image

#18 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 04:04 AM

Mine is very original
Bridget>Bridget

OhHorror, i always wondered what the yellow sign thing meant, That story sounds very intriguing! I would love to hear more!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#19 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 12 November 2003 - 04:52 AM

Thanks Bridget!

I am a big H.P. Lovecraft and Robert Chambers fan.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#20 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 06:16 AM

Well, my first type rating (where you are a licensed to act as Captain) was on the British Aerospace Hawker jet.  In the industry other pilots will ask you what you 'drive'.  A lot of times a pilot will respond 'I'm a Lear driver' or in my case, "I'm a Hawker driver."  Haven't been in a Hawker now for a while, now I'm a Challenger driver- I've moved up to the 'big iron'!
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#21 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 08:11 AM

hawker - that's fantastic!  i love planes.  love love love 'em....

OwlGoddess comes from my native american totem animal the owl, which was assigned to me by my cherokee great grandfather.  

as many of you now know, owl people of the cherokee posess the ability to communicate with the souls of the dead.

the "goddess" part is a nod to all of my awesome feminist friends who started calling me "the goddess" after i organized and curated a show of feminist paintings last year.  it's an honorific title that accepted graciously - i am my own goddess i guess!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#22 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 07:56 PM

My professional name is Mychael Wordsmythe. The problem is I had this friend who could never remember which was my "real" name even though we'ld known each other for years. So since she couldn't remember she combined them both, Mykie and Dave hence...

Mykiedave
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#23 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:15 AM

I think I already mentioned it on my intro, but I'll go into more detail...
I came onto the internet when most of the good names were gone... So for a long time I was known as terrencespinkshoes (for reasons I'll not go into) which caused confusion, because people shortened it to terrence and then thought I was a guy...
later I began to sign into things as Mellilot- melilot is a type of flower found here in england which is either yellow or white, its more of a weed than anything, long and spindly, sparse leaves and little flowers... Mellilot, however was the name of the narrator of a story I was writing, she was the mother of the main character, a witch very old and very committed, I'm none of these things so I thought it would fit brilliantly  ;D no, I identified with her because she was the story teller, because she observed so much of life but rarely ever took part in it, and because she loved to teach.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#24 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:11 PM

I've been on the net since 1994 and have used dozens of handles during that time (I currently maintain 4 identities).  As the years flew past, I noticed more and more animosity and gratuitous vulgarity.  When I joined Ghost Village, I wanted a handle to remind myself and others how we should treat each other.

I was born in Utah, but spent most of my life in Hawai'i.  Hawaiians believe that words have mana (power).  If you abuse them, the mana fades.  One of the strongest words is "aloha" - roughly equivilent to "May the Divine breathe a blessing upon thy face."  The Aloha Spirit is the kindness we show to all - friend and stranger alike.

aloha ka ko

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#25 Zoombie

Zoombie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:45 AM

I am MoonChild's younger sister, and he still see me a baby!(we are best of friends too :-*) and that is my handle "little"sis! I like the song ZOOMBIE by Cranberries, so I have my screen name as Zoombie ;D
Posted Image I have been hit by MoonChild

#26 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 04:09 PM

One of my story creatures!

#27 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 06:10 PM

lone is a very suitable name for someone who lives in Tasmania and is interested in the paranormal.

#28 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 25 March 2004 - 09:50 AM

MoonChild means Vampires, the undead! nothing could have ever been trues in my case! Today I registered the 11th time here in GhostVillage!
Posted Image

#29 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:59 AM

Yosei is Japanese for 'fairy'.  I have an interest in Japanese language and culture, and people are always saying I look fairy-like.  Nothing too interesting, just one of a few different net names I use.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#30 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:31 AM

I use Shellas as that it is my 'witch' name, lol, or the name I use in circle. I wanted it to be 'chalice' as I am a water sign, but (sigh) the numerology didn't work out that way, so shellas was the closest one that sounded like the one I wanted. I also picked 13 as that is my 'lucky' number, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users