Names and Meanings

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#61 moonwitch_1972

moonwitch_1972

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Emergency Medical Technician on ambulance. I make aroma therapy products-massage oils, candles, bath salts, soaps, incense, salves, ointments, etc. I, also, write adult short stories. I am a practicing solitary witch. In the near future, I see modern medicine and holistic medicine combining to open up a plethora of wonder.

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:08 AM

moonwitch I am a solitary witch, sympathetic and healer. Moon because I am a Cancer ruled by the moon.
The eyes are the mirror to the soul. They can be masked; but the truth still lies within.

#62 SpookSeeker

SpookSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:My Work, Mystery, Fantasy, Gaming, Books, Old School Things, Life.... The usual ;)

Posted 01 December 2004 - 08:08 AM

I was just going to call myself Spook cause it sounds kind of cute but it was taken so I took SpookSeeker instead cause I guess it's sort of what we do and it sounds funny.

#63 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:15 AM

It was a complete exercise in spontinuity. I of course needed something "dark" amd "master of dimly lit janitor closet-like" so along came Nocturnal.... then I just added the first word that came to my head. Heck it could have been Nocturnalscrewdriver.... or.... NocturnalDishwasher. or....NocturnalWastebasket.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#64 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:18 PM

Mine was supposed to be spelled Frithir but I hit the e instead of the i when I joined so it came out Frither. "Frithir" is Gaelic for "seer" I used to have a sig line that said "Mo cridhe ghaol ein e frithir", which badly translated from Gaelic means "The beloved of my heart sees" or to say it in Okie, "mah old man, he's a psychic" <g> :weeee:

#65 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 03 December 2004 - 04:28 PM

I gave myself the name Libramoon 'cause I was born in October under a
bright "Libra moon" in the middle of the night!
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#66 amyo0o0

amyo0o0

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:28 AM

I have a silly question, I don't think it has been asked before, and I may not even be posting in the right place.

I was curious about screen names...What does yours mean?
Why did you choose it? Some are obvious, some have made me wonder.

Just curious, Amy :P

#67 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:43 AM

i think thats a great question amy!
mine it started out when i had to have a handle to sign on the internet...
i couldnt think of a name untill my kitty lulabelle started "talking" to me
(shes such a rotten stinker!) and since i love the sound of her name so much i asked if lulahell1 sounded allright to her she seemed to like it
(got up on my lap "made biscuits" and purred)
when i found this site i was a little worried that my usual handle may be a little offensive so i chose lulaboo (and love the name just as much :P )
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#68 erna_butter

erna_butter

weird ancient from the medieval times

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Art (any kind), computers, paranormal, forensics, psychology, and of course fantasy books, and history.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:50 AM

My screen name comes from 2 things...

1) my nephews mom accidently wrote my name down as a typo on msn and the name stuck (my real name ~ Rena.....Typo ~ Erna)

2) I have a nick-name that everyone calles me " RenaButter " , because when I was a kid the the other kids used to taunt me by singing "renaaa renabutter and JELLY "

so there you have it, the mystery to my screen name lol.

Oh and the reason I didn`t use my real one, is basically because I believe it was taken Posted Image
Posted Image I A.M CANADIAN

#69 amyo0o0

amyo0o0

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:24 AM

'Talking' cats and peanut butter! How cute!! :P :D

#70 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:28 AM

Mine is actually my birth name passed down by the druids of stonehenge, honestly.
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#71 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:34 AM

Well, I used to have a business doing crafts on the side a while back in a town by the name of Kettle River. I called the business Kettle River Crafts. I then went through schooling to become a gunsmith and then ran a gun shop out of the house calling it (since I liked the name but had to drop crafts) KRC Gunsmithing. When I wanted to sign up for some things on the internet I just shortened it down to krcguns and it has been that way for many years now.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#72 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:05 AM

i always wondered about yous KRC.

the KATS part is the name for my comic super hero demon guy that i draw...his name is KAT.
the GOD part is part of my email. a friend of mine set up my email a few years back and we made my address KATS_GOD....the god is because of my really high hopes for the comic and my artwork.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#73 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:16 AM

Mine is actually my birth name passed down by the druids of stonehenge, honestly.

That is incredibly cool!

Mine is taken and in honour of my british grandmum, its also the name I write under
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#74 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:50 AM

Ok i fibbed about the birth name lol

I took it off of the character out of Steven kings 'Dreamcatcher'. :)
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#75 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:18 PM

I think many of the loing-time villagers included this information in the Introductions thread:

http://www.ghostvill...?showtopic=3162

The "aloha spirit" is kindness and respect towards everyone. In my online experience, I've seen too much back-biting and otherwise rude behavior. By using this handle, I hope hop people will remember their manners.

Oh, you can call me Lokela.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users