• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wsteed04

wsteed04

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Psychology and the Paranormal

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

I posted this at another section earlier and didnt get much of a response. Thought I might have placed it in the wrong spot since I was new to the forum so I decided to copy and paste it here. Hope thats ok with everybody.

Original post in Beginners Block:

Greetings to all, as I am new to your site. This might end up being a long post and if so, I sincerely apolgize for being long winded. My question is this: Can one develope sensitivity later in life?
I am 48 years old and am starting to catch glimpses of things out of the corner of my eye. Movement, light, things of that nature and have the sense that I am being watched at times, especially at night. I was in the kitchen one night and had the feeling that I was being watched from outside. So strong in fact that I walked outside and looked around to see if anyone was out there. Couldnt find a sign of anyone being out there. Another day, I thought I saw someone walk by the front room window on the porch. Waited for a moment to see if anyone would come to the door or pass by on the street but no one did. Walked outside again and looked around but found no one.
I have always had a sense of things, I guess, to some degree. My Grandmother, who raised me, passed away when I was 10 and I remember sitting in class experiencing the overwhelming feeling of her having passed away. My Grandfather came for me an hour later with the news of her passing.
In addition to that, I was at work one day when I got very very sick at around 1030 in the morning and had to go home. I had just made it home and sat down when I got the call that my daughter had been killed in a car wreck at about 1030 that morning. Nine days before her 17th birthday. Things like that I have always been aware of and accepted them as mearly being a very strong bond and attachment to that person, but I have never started seeing or catching glimpses of movement before.
Thought it might be a problem with my eyes so I had them checked but they are fine. I have been unemployed for a time now due to back problems and was worried about keeping my mind active since I really dont have much to do all day except take care of my two boys when they are not in school and my 2 yr old twin girls, so I started meditating and trying to expand and exercise my mind thru reading and puzzles. I dont really think that anything is mentally wrong so I quite truthfully dont know what to make of it. Anyone with any ideas? Can you start developing sesitivity later in life or am I just going stir crazy?

--------------------

"An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."
Charles Dickens
"An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."Charles Dickens

#2 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:20 AM

From my knowledge, yes, you can pick up a sensitivity later in life. In most cases, sometimes when a loved one passes away, you automatically have a connection with them. Then it's not just that one entity, it's many more. You may be able to get some more answers by watching the show "Psychic Kids" because some of them aren't born sensitives.

(May I just add that "Psychic Kids" should be called sensitive kids. They can't actually see the future if that's what your thinking.)

Hope this helped :)

Maili
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#3 Wendell707

Wendell707

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

From my knowledge, yes, you can pick up a sensitivity later in life. In most cases, sometimes when a loved one passes away, you automatically have a connection with them. Then it's not just that one entity, it's many more. You may be able to get some more answers by watching the show "Psychic Kids" because some of them aren't born sensitives.

(May I just add that "Psychic Kids" should be called sensitive kids. They can't actually see the future if that's what your thinking.)

Hope this helped :)

Maili

Hello to everyone in the forum, i think one can become a SENSiTIVE later in life because i've seen both. My GranDMother was a sensitive, the stories she told me so many happenings i could write BOOK but i cant post a book here i can break the stories down one at a time.

My GranMother told me this storie, it begins with my GrandMother hears a banging on her front door late at night so she answered the door only to see her Husbund Ike who she was seperated from: my GrandMother said Ike what do you want and Ike replied "Bert" i dont want you sleeping whilie i am dieing / then Ike just faded away/ My Mother who was a smalll girle was able to hear the whole conversation.
Sure enough the next morning my GrandMother "Bert" received the news that her Husbund Ike died durring the night.

I think we are to wrapped up with our tv watching and our long hours spent on the computers that we never have a clear mind because we allways have things on our minds so anyone from the outher side has a poor chance of getting through to us.
I am impressed with the progress being made by Ghost Hunters aswell as the physic kids paveing the way to the unknown. more to come

#4 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

Everyone has the ability to be a "sensitive" but it's up to the individual when they start embracing it. So many people call it intuition but it's more than just that. The sense of knowing with your "gut" feelings. How many times when driving did you turn down a different street for "some odd reason". How many times have you known someone was not telling you the truth. That is part of being a sensitive and now you are developing it.

Sometimes we start receiving these gifts because we are ready for them. Some ask for these gifts and they are not ready. If you are ready then ask for the gifts from the Universe and ask that only the ones that you are ready for be given. Reading is a great way to become more knowledgeable in the Metaphysical and Meditation is a great way to raise your vibrational level and become more in touch. I have said that praying is talking and Meditation is listening. Listen and you can know and also be shown many things.

The veil is become thinner between the dimensions as the children being born now have a different vibrational level and it's changing the energy of the physical dimension. We are getting ready for a "new earth" but that is not on topic but can be discussed in great lengths.

Seer
I am more than my physical body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users