Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

If Ghost exist how come nobody can prove it?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:57 AM

But what is negative energy? What kind of energy is it? The more we tie what we think we know to the unknown, the more complicated it gets.

Oh Dave, just like a behaviour which is not constructive for the social upliftment the spectrum of energy that is not constructive for human life is definitely considered negative. There is no point in shutting out any and every possibility, scientists are humans not machines.
Posted Image

#32 Old Guy

Old Guy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

The answer to this that spirits dwell in areas with negative energy and require this kind of energy to manifest.

According to whom? How was it measured? Where's the data/report/documentation? :weeee:

I love it when people make statements like this! :lol:

Edited by Old Guy, 02 May 2010 - 11:36 AM.

Cynic. Skeptic. Believer.|||||||^

#33 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

The answer to this that spirits dwell in areas with negative energy and require this kind of energy to manifest.

According to whom? How was it measured? Where's the data/report/documentation? :weeee:

I love it when people make statements like this! :lol:

:weeee: Like the dog chasing it's own tale, we seldom reach an agreement in such discussions, expecially when neither side care to see what the other is saying! :ghost:
Posted Image

#34 Old Guy

Old Guy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

:lol: Like the dog chasing it's own tale, we seldom reach an agreement in such discussions, expecially when neither side care to see what the other is saying! :weeee:

To the contrary, it was the rather profound assertion that, " ... spirits dwell in areas with negative energy and require this kind of energy to manifest." that grabbed my attention piqued my curiousity.

Do you have something that supports such a claim?

#35 ohreally?

ohreally?

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

I love it when people make statements like this! :yawn:

:weeee: Like the dog chasing it's own tale, we seldom reach an agreement in such discussions, expecially when neither side care to see what the other is saying! :ghost:

The description and term 'negative energy' is made up to allow the New Agers to name something for which there's not shred of evidence for. The New Age community must stop using such fuzzy language. That's one reason why there's never an accord.

#36 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

There is nothing "new age" about negative or positive energy. From the energy point of view, there is nothing negative or positive, it is all energies, but how it affects humans, that is where the differentiation lies. In various ancient cultures there are practices which distinguishes these, especially in food habits, and even our behaviour and thoughts.
Posted Image

#37 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:08 AM

Of course, we could just be confusing issues of terminological inexactitude.

If we were to think of the issue in terms of exothermic or endothermic processes, then the concepts of “positive energy” and “negative energy”, have both a logical and a scientific basis.

Take into account the fact that there are numerous reports of a room or locality becoming cold during a spooky manifestation, and we have what would seem to be an endothermic process. Ie: a physical manifestation of “negative” energy.

#38 ohreally?

ohreally?

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:34 AM

There is nothing "new age" about negative or positive energy. From the energy point of view, there is nothing negative or positive, it is all energies, but how it affects humans, that is where the differentiation lies. In various ancient cultures there are practices which distinguishes these, especially in food habits, and even our behaviour and thoughts.

Of course, we could just be confusing issues of terminological inexactitude.

If we were to think of the issue in terms of exothermic or endothermic processes, then the concepts of “positive energy” and “negative energy”, have both a logical and a scientific basis.

Take into account the fact that there are numerous reports of a room or locality becoming cold during a spooky manifestation, and we have what would seem to be an endothermic process. Ie: a physical manifestation of “negative” energy.

Neither one of you understand. Negative energy and positive energy came directly from the New Age movement that started about 40 years ago.

Negative energy and positive energy have nothing to do with the terms exothermic and endothermic. Those are ways heat are created by chemical processes.
Negative energy is term associated with hypothetical exotic matter and it has a specific meaning and it's not the opposite of what you might call normal energy.

This is also why it's difficult to have a meeting of the minds because some of you do not have an historical perspective of the very things you've come to believe are true and because terms are used in ways that were never intended coupled with a poor scientific understanding thus muddying the waters of communication.

#39 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

This is also why it's difficult to have a meeting of the minds because some of you do not have an historical perspective of the very things you've come to believe are true and because terms are used in ways that were never intended coupled with a poor scientific understanding thus muddying the waters of communication.

Talking about the historic perceptive of things, perhaps I am unsure what history timeline really is. But here in India with the knowledge in Vedas dating atleast about 8000 years, there is a clear mention of three "gunas" or qualities of things called "Sattvic", "Rajassic" and "Tamassic" and it is the Tamassic essence that is termed as negative energy.

Good day!

Edited by MoonChild, 04 May 2010 - 09:23 AM.

Posted Image

#40 Old Guy

Old Guy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:58 PM

(Removed condescending remark.)

For *anything* to be considered as having a "positive" or "negative" property is to imply that it has polarity. In order to determine a polar property, that would imply the property is quantifiable by some means. It can be theorized, but ultimately must be measurable. I have a call in to a physicist friend to confirm my understanding...

In the meantime, I'd still like to hear someone's explanation for how spirits are measured...

Edited by Old Guy, 04 May 2010 - 01:01 PM.

#41 ohreally?

ohreally?

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

Talking about the historic perceptive of things, perhaps I am unsure what history timeline really is. But here in India with the knowledge in Vedas dating atleast about 8000 years, there is a clear mention of three "gunas" or qualities of things called "Sattvic", "Rajassic" and "Tamassic" and it is the Tamassic essence that is termed as negative energy.

Good day!

Those are qualities that are attributed to people by other people. They are not to my knowledge quantifiable properties by themselves.

Back to negative energy. This term was coined by the New Age community even though this concept of negative energy has been around for a long time. Another way the New Ager might say it is this or that person gives off bad vibes

#42 Entity

Entity

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:33 PM

So the term "bad vibe" was coined just about 40 years ago? Wow! Thanks for the insightful information!

#43 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

Those are qualities that are attributed to people by other people. They are not to my knowledge quantifiable properties by themselves.

Those are NOT qualities attributed to peoeple by other people, but those are the basic nature of things as it exists in nature.

Back to negative energy. This term was coined by the New Age community even though this concept of negative energy has been around for a long time. Another way the New Ager might say it is this or that person gives off bad vibes

I am quite ignorant when it comes to "new age" so maybe you are right. Or perhaps you are trying to make it looks right.

(Removed condescending remark.)

For *anything* to be considered as having a "positive" or "negative" property is to imply that it has polarity. In order to determine a polar property, that would imply the property is quantifiable by some means. It can be theorized, but ultimately must be measurable. I have a call in to a physicist friend to confirm my understanding...

In the meantime, I'd still like to hear someone's explanation for how spirits are measured...

I guess you have a point there OldGuy, but what I am asking is, how can science measure something which it believes doesn't exist? If this phenomenon is beyond explanation today, it means it is not measurable with the existing tools. That is all what I was saying too, that to measure such things, perhaps we need to go beyond "logic" and discover some instruments that can.

Edited by MoonChild, 04 May 2010 - 01:36 PM.

Posted Image

#44 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

As a 'graduate' of the New Age movement in its hey day (or is that hay day? - speaking of semantic-al misunderstandings), I personally dislike the persistent use of the terminology 'negative and positive' 'energy'. I understand Old Guy and others concern with being razor sharp in the use of terminology so as not to create more confusion and 'fuzziness' to use another posters' wording. Regardless of whether you wish to take the scientific explanation (only) or definition of, 'energy' and positive and negative, or the usage of it in some Western circles which does allude to a 'vibe' more than anything, Moonchild has a valid point. Please correct me if I have misinterpreted, Moonchild - but the basic question as to whether science can address something it states cannot exist precludes the exploration of it in any way, scientific or not. You have stopped the exploration before looking further into the means of exploring that very phenomena - hope I got that right, and didn't just muddy the waters further! Though I feel I have been-there-done-that in regard to New Age anything, I believe the West would be well-served to 'see' things scientifically, with the eyes of an Easterner. There certainly is more to Eastern ways of thinking about and especially in approaching things of a scientific nature if we here could see past the spiritual teachings we have gained from those like Prabhubada or Parmahansa, and realize we may ADD TO our collective knowledge.

Edited by dancinmiriam, 04 May 2010 - 03:07 PM.

I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#45 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

Well, yes, you got that right dancinmiriam, that is exactly what I am thinking too.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users