Team Name Input

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HGH

HGH

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:53 AM

im in the process of revamping my group which is currently called Hunsville Ghost Hunters (HGH). feeling that this name may not appear to be profesional enough as most of our work is based on clients and we will be putting a more public face on our organization as not to put off any skitish clients by having a team name that is starting to sound to me like it makes us out to be a bunch of teenage weekend worriors no one in the group can be under the age of 21 BTW. i have been contemplating for a while on "H.O.P.E. Paranormal". an acronym i came up with which stands for the Huntsville Organization of Paranormal Exploration. Hope of course being what we want to be for our clients in need. my delema though is im not sure literarily speaking if i can call us "HOPE Paranormal" when the word paranormal is also used in the acronym. however just calling the team "HOPE" will not explain to the public what we do, as i plan on using mainly the acronym when publicly displaying our team name.

#2 gavknight

gavknight

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:40 AM

How about HOPE Investigators , then underneath in small print have what HOPE stands for , just a suggestion

#3 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

H.O.P.E. Paranormal sounds pretty good to me. Just throwin' in my 2 cents :)

#4 ladyyymadonna

ladyyymadonna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal & The Unexplained.

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:49 AM

im in the process of revamping my group which is currently called Hunsville Ghost Hunters (HGH). feeling that this name may not appear to be profesional enough as most of our work is based on clients and we will be putting a more public face on our organization as not to put off any skitish clients by having a team name that is starting to sound to me like it makes us out to be a bunch of teenage weekend worriors no one in the group can be under the age of 21 BTW. i have been contemplating for a while on "H.O.P.E. Paranormal". an acronym i came up with which stands for the Huntsville Organization of Paranormal Exploration. Hope of course being what we want to be for our clients in need. my delema though is im not sure literarily speaking if i can call us "HOPE Paranormal" when the word paranormal is also used in the acronym. however just calling the team "HOPE" will not explain to the public what we do, as i plan on using mainly the acronym when publicly displaying our team name.

I like it...Do you live in Huntsville? I live in a small town called Dayton.....We are about an hour away from eachother! I'd like to know more about your organization :)

All You Need Is Lovehttp://toppun.com/Peace-Signs/Peace-Flags/1960

#5 Aesalon

Aesalon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:15 PM

HOPE Paranormal is the way to go when using the acronym - you can drop the Paranormal from the end when you use the full name.

...just get away from HGH, it'll get you kicked out of Major League Baseball :)

-Stephen G.

Co-founder of Fly By Night Paranormal Investigations.

Based in Omaha, NE with a chapter in Dallas /Ft. Worth, TX. FBN is primarily a paranormal research team with a focus on classical 'haunting phenomena.' 

Please visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook...NightParanormal

#6 HGH

HGH

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

I like it...Do you live in Huntsville? I live in a small town called Dayton.....We are about an hour away from eachother! I'd like to know more about your organization :)

ya.... well actually i live in Harvest close to madison. personally ive been a paranormal investigator for a about 2 1/2 years, i was a member of NAPS out of Guntersville but i moved and so did the founder of the group to where it was to great a distance to be as active as i needed to be as i was a lead investigator, case manager, and web/advertising developer. i am now an independant investigator but am in the process of starting a group in this area but its a slow process as i am getting married in october so the paranormal has had to take a back seat for the moment but this is giving me plenty of time to work out the kinks and get the forms and documents in order before i go into accepting members and training and such you can become a friend of my group by going to myspace.com/huntsvilleghost

#7 HGH

HGH

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

ya.... well actually i live in Harvest close to madison. personally ive been a paranormal investigator for a about 2 1/2 years, i was a member of NAPS out of Guntersville but i moved and so did the founder of the group to where it was to great a distance to be as active as i needed to be as i was a lead investigator, case manager, and web/advertising developer. i am now an independant investigator but am in the process of starting a group in this area but its a slow process as i am getting married in october so the paranormal has had to take a back seat for the moment but this is giving me plenty of time to work out the kinks and get the forms and documents in order before i go into accepting members and training and such you can become a friend of my group by going to myspace.com/huntsvilleghost

oops!!! sorry just realised you were talking about Texas im actually around Huntsville Alabama

#8 Mike Saint

Mike Saint

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:34 PM

I think its a great name.

Mike

#9 HGH

HGH

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:11 AM

thanks for all the input, and after some consideration "Huntsville Ghost Hunters" is now "H.O.P.E. Investigations". I decided against using the word Paranormal in the name out of respect for our future clients that wish to keep their paranormal problem as confedential and low key as possible. a few vehicles marked H.O.P.E. Paranormal parked outside their home might raise unwanted suspition from the nosey next door neighbors.... lol like the cases of eqipment being moved in and out isnt distracying enough

#10 gavknight

gavknight

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

Glad we could help out and good luck with the new group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users