Is attempting communication a good idea

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Curly

Curly

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

Hi everyone, for the past 2-3 weeks I have been experiancing weird occurances in my bedroom at night. I heard breathing noises one night and also somebody whispering my name on another. I have also been feeling very uncomfortable and unsettled whenever I wake up at night, like something is just not right. I have been doing a bit of reading on the internet and think that their is a possibility of it being a spirit or ghost or just something paranormal.
So, I wanted to know is attempting to communicate a good idea? Is it safe? and if so, what would be the best method of communication?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

#2 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

:) :ghost: I notice that nobody answered your questions so I will give you a few thoughts.

TV has been overrun by occult shows and I admit to watching all or most of them at one time or another. They differ in opinions and purposes. Some are all about evil entities, others are science based, some use psychics and some think we are jokes. (As a matter of fact I think some of them are jokes too.)

Please do not start out with a Ouija or Spirit Board. I do not think you are opening a door to hell or anything like that, it's just like you don't invite strangers into your house and believe whatever they tell you. It's the same with spirits. You can even delude yourself unmeaning too.

I also think newbies should work in pairs to help center themselves and try some EVP work. You are having experiences in your room but I wouldn't start there first. Your room should be your safe place. I would say firmly outside the door that this is your room and others are not welcome but if they want to communicate with you they can talk to you in the hall or another room in the house. Good Luck. If you have more questions or experiences just keep coming back and asking for help or let us know what is going on. You will feel like the new kid on the block for a while but if you need anything just keep trying.

:ghost: PEACE Sharon

#3 PhenomInvestigator

PhenomInvestigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

The real question is do you wish to communicate? Sounds like you would be happy if these things would just stop. I suggest if that is the case, that if it occurs again you simply say in a clear loud voice "I really don't want to talk to you, please go away!" Be firm but polite. Hold the thought in your mind that you don't want to be bothered any further. Then ignore any further attempts should they occur. You might want to see if you can distract yourself during the day with some new interest that has nothing to do with anything paranormal. Best of luck to you!
Anomalous Phenomena is Unexplained not ImpossiblePsi is Subtle not AbsoluteAnything is possible, it's all a matter of Probability---------------------

#4 lillycat

lillycat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

I agree that spirit boards can be dangerous. You wouldn't leave your door open so that any odd person could move into your home and spirit boards can bring in mischevious or angry spirits. If you think you have problems now you could have mayhem. Just firmly tell this spirit in your home to leave, that it is your home and that you want peace.

#5 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:11 AM

As CP13 asked... are you sure you want to communicate? Sometimes opening the door to communicating with one can open it even wider and invite others in. Are you ready for that?

I do agree that you have to set boundaries to spirits and that you should not work with a ouija/spirit board especially being new. I say being new because there are GV'ers that do work with these. I myself stay clear.

If you still feel that you want to attempt communication, please make sure that you protect yourself. There are many ways that can be done. So let us know and we certainly can help.
I am more than my physical body.

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

I am always of the mind that the first question should be "Why do you wish to open communication?" and "What it it you hope to accomplish if you are able to communicate with a spirit?" These are questions one should ask one's self and give a great deal of thought to them before anything else. If someone wants to communicate with the spirit world because it would be cool, or fun, or impress their friends, then forget it. If someone wants to communicate with a passed over loved one, or some other real reason, then start with reading everything you can get your hands on about the subject. There are a lot of methods, and not all of them work all of the time. And it does take time, patience, and practice for any of these methods to be useful. Some people have an ability to do this on their own and it comes easily to them. Others have to work hard at it.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#7 dennisoc

dennisoc

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

It's a fine idea. Don't buy into all the fear mongers trying to caution you against things that do not exist. They have been watching too much TV and or believing religious myths. The other side is about love.

At worst it might be someone who hasn't yet crossed over who is cantankerous...but only a dead human still. It is most probably a family member or friend trying to say hi. Unless of course you are involved in stuff that you know you should not be. Then it may be a loved one trying to wake you up to your bad lifestyle.

Talk to them and then listen...with your heart and mind. You could seek a medium for clear initial communication.

Wage Peace
den
Wage Peaceden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users