• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joeintheuk

joeintheuk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:00 PM

Wondering if anybody can help me out. I live on my own and been worried recently about loud thuddering noises coming from the bathroom it has been doing it for asome time now the toilet sometimes leaks on the inside. Can anyone give me advise what to do i've tried asking mum but she said it's nothing to get concerned about but I think different with the sound of the thudding.

#2 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

Sounds to me like it could be a possible plumbing problem so I would start there first. If it's not a plumbing problem maybe the plumber could offer some insight into what he/she thinks it might be.
Best first to exhaust all mundane scenarios before considering something to be caused by something paranormal. I'm not saying that you think it's something paranormal but I thought I'd mention it in general.

:)

#3 Billydew

Billydew

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Reading intelligently written books, listening to music (folk/blues/rock/'50s/'60s/'70s),art,writing poetry, vegetarian cookery, history, animals, astrology and all things mystical, countryside, some T.V., some radio, films, theatre, restaurants, art galleries and museums.

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

I agree you should get a plumber in before doing anything else. I have rather temperamental plumbing in my rented home, and the hot water pipes are prone to getting airlocks at times which can cause odd noises. Best to check out all the mundane possibilities before assuming it's anything more spooky. I hope a plumber can sort it out for you.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again." Thomas Paine.

#4 Billydew

Billydew

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Reading intelligently written books, listening to music (folk/blues/rock/'50s/'60s/'70s),art,writing poetry, vegetarian cookery, history, animals, astrology and all things mystical, countryside, some T.V., some radio, films, theatre, restaurants, art galleries and museums.

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:47 PM

I agree you should get a plumber in before doing anything else. I have rather temperamental plumbing in my rented home, and the hot water pipes are prone to getting airlocks at times which can cause odd noises. Best to check out all the mundane possibilities before assuming it's anything more spooky. I hope a plumber can sort it out for you.

#5 Billydew

Billydew

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to post that twice.

#6 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

You need to rule out the water hammer effect first. That is a plumbing issue and there are devices made to eliminate it. Your plumber would know all about them and their installation.

#7 afterlife

afterlife

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, playing guitar, music, & the most Important FAMILY!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:14 AM

I couldn't agree more with all the above..!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users