The best things in life . . .

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:19 PM

Having the summer off from being a mom!

My kids went to grandma's for the whole summer.  I am hoping to use this time to "re-invent" myself!
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#32 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:23 PM

lucky. . . two of mine are going away for the weekend to my dads.  
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#33 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:28 PM

It is nice, but I know I will be missing them soon!  Of course, then in August I will wonder where the time went! LOL
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#34 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:16 PM

The smell of Jasmine in the spring.

#35 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:39 PM

summer vacation.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#36 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:13 PM

Catching some rays from my upstairs balcony

Watching colorful kites being flown in Tianamen Square

Popsicles on a hot summer afternoon

#37 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:13 AM

Going on Vacation to another state or country.
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#38 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,357 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 02 June 2004 - 09:04 AM

the smell of cooking in someone else's house :D
Posted Image

#39 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 09:14 AM

How about the smell of your grandparents baking in the mid afternoon.
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#40 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:42 PM

Taking a walk on a crisp fall day. Ahhhhh, the pumpkins, the cornstalks, the mums, the beautiful foliage in shades of orange, yellow, red, the smell of the leaves, the Halloween decorations, the caramel apples, the hot cidar...........

Uh, can you tell that Fall is my favorite time of the year?

#41 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:43 PM

yes we can *LOL*

#42 Agent_Scully

Agent_Scully

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:54 AM

The sound of laughter (regardless of who's actually laughing LOL)

The smell of rain...the smell of fresh cut grass in the summer time.

#43 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,357 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 11 July 2004 - 08:25 PM

a hot bowl of soup on a very cold shivery day! bbrrrrrr......Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,357 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:20 AM

JUST BE YOURSELF!
Posted Image

#45 modelcitizen

modelcitizen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting<br />Science <br />Art<br />History<br />Exotic Plants<br />Reptiles/Amphibians<br />Native American Studies

Posted 24 September 2004 - 07:33 AM

Akita Mani Yo (Observe everything as you walk)

It's being able to do that with your mahasani (soulmate)
~Stimpy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users