161 replies to this topic

#76 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:40 AM

Times like this I wish I had a computer and can brie it larger but from what I see on my phone it looks like a name. (Dean Andt)
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#77 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:50 AM

Can someone enlarge the photo and/or make it clearer?
Posted Image

#78 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

Here it is from the original 1930s aerial photo:

Posted Image

#79 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

Is this the Lynn Woods? If not I would love to know where it is...
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#80 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

Is this the Lynn Woods? If not I would love to know where it is...

No, a bit south and west of there. I'll send a private message.

#81 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

TY I'm awful with directions, Actually that's how I find some of the most interesting things, I get lost...lol
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#82 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

On January 21st I posted a picture of a symbol which showed up on 2 quartz stones and also a deer pawed that symbol in the snow over the location of one of the quartz stones.
Today I found phone of a stone with rune symbols which was found a few miles from here, and there’s that same symbol again:
Posted Image

#83 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

Those symbols are Rune. They are of Scandinavian decent. I have a book that I will find that has the meanings. But what you have here are runes that Vikings used. The furthest inland that Vikings went was Minnesota. They were believed to be accompanied by the Templars.there are Viking graves in New England with Templar graves right next to each other. Runes were used as alphabet, spells of protection, each symbol is connected to a letter, and a Nordic God. I think what this area is is a site from 700 years before Columbus. Which is a significant find.

Only way to find out is have the stone and runes tested for age it may just be a deliberate fake, but I don't think so.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#84 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:54 AM

In my rush to type that last night I said “today I found a phone”, but I meant to say I found a “today I found a PHOTO” of it.
This place where this is located is about 5 miles from me. Here is something about it. I’m going to visit it today and see what kind of vibes I can pull from the place.

http://en.wikipedia....Westford_Knight

#85 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:43 PM

In my rush to type that last night I said “today I found a phone”, but I meant to say I found a “today I found a PHOTO” of it.
This place where this is located is about 5 miles from me. Here is something about it. I’m going to visit it today and see what kind of vibes I can pull from the place.

http://en.wikipedia....Westford_Knight

So today I visited this place which may have been the burial site of a Celtic dude way before Columbus came to America.
It’s about 5 miles from the woods I hike and have regularly experienced weird stuff.
I’d never heard of this place until yesterday.

Rainy, 40 degrees and raw, and on an old country road outside of a small New England village.

As I was looking at it a couple arrived. They had come from about 50 miles away to check it out.
If I had to guess, I’d say we were the only 3 people to look at this thing in the past year or more.
Very strange timing. I certainly had not expected to see anyone else there.

We talked for a while. They told me about some other interesting sites around New England.

Since they didn’t know me, and there were two of them so they wouldn’t be alarmed, I asked if they were into Shamanism or Paganism.
They said they were not but they were starting to learn more about these old practices.
It was a comfortable yet incredibly timed encounter.

As we were talking I spotted a nice piece of quartz on the ground. Not sure where it came from because I saw no quartz outcropping or quartz pieces anywhere else. I picked it up and am going to put it in the woods at the place where the quartz touchstone (I think I’ve written about that here) used to be.
I’ll be heading out there within the hour.

#86 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

Those symbols are Rune. They are of Scandinavian decent. I have a book that I will find that has the meanings. But what you have here are runes that Vikings used. The furthest inland that Vikings went was Minnesota. They were believed to be accompanied by the Templars.there are Viking graves in New England with Templar graves right next to each other. Runes were used as alphabet, spells of protection, each symbol is connected to a letter, and a Nordic God. I think what this area is is a site from 700 years before Columbus. Which is a significant find.

Only way to find out is have the stone and runes tested for age it may just be a deliberate fake, but I don't think so.

You're right to have given advice to check the dating as it is possible it has been faked. I must make a quick historical correction to the information you've posted - The Templars did not exist except for about a hundred year period from the very end of the 11th century to the very beginning of the 14th century (from whence we get our Friday the 13th 'bad luck' -the Templars were rounded up Friday, October 13th 1307 for apostasy and heresy). The Templars could not have,therefore, come to North America with the Vikings. Some Templars or the Teutonic Knights fashioned themselves along Viking or Saxon warriors, but historically wouldn't have been acquainted with eachother. This is really quite a fascinating story as the information from herenow unfolds - keep posting!
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#87 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

This afternoon’s hike was interesting, as most of these hikes are.
Weird crap happens almost every time I’m out there, though some of it is too subtle and some of it is too involved to write about.

The rain let up for a bit so I did an hour-long hike.
I placed the quartz stone which I found at the (possible) Viking burial site at the spot where the quartz touchstone was removed.
This new chunk of quartz is much more pure than the pieces I’ve been finding and placing at this spot, trying to rebuild the juice I used to get from the stone that was taken by who-the-F-would-find-and-dig-up the original quartz stone.

Going down a side trail I found a section of a jawbone, probably from the deer which the (coyotes I’d guess) killed a couple months ago.
The jawbone was about 1 mile from the deerkill, and it was laying in the middle of the trail but I can only assume some animal dropped it there. A few feet from that I found a business card. WTF? The snow has finally melted and maybe someone dropped it over the winter when they were pulling their gloves from their pocket. I don’t know. But the odd thing was that the card was from a coffee shop the next town over. An acquaintance of mine worked there for years until she died last fall from a brain tumor. 35 years old. Totally unexpected. She felt like crap on a Friday and died that Sunday. I started trying to ‘talk’ to her, and then I found a full lower deer jawbone placed about 5 feet off the ground on a skinny little tree. No idea who placed that, but I’d guess a person did. And right after that I looked up and met eyes with a white-tailed deer.

The rune symbol which I’ve found on the original quartz touchstone, the stone which appeared on my kitchen floor, and the symbol a deer pawed out in the snow over the original touchstone all seem the be the Rune Algiz, which apparently means ‘Elk’ and ‘Protector’.

#88 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

You're right to have given advice to check the dating as it is possible it has been faked. I must make a quick historical correction to the information you've posted - The Templars did not exist except for about a hundred year period from the very end of the 11th century to the very beginning of the 14th century (from whence we get our Friday the 13th 'bad luck' -the Templars were rounded up Friday, October 13th 1307 for apostasy and heresy). The Templars could not have,therefore, come to North America with the Vikings. Some Templars or the Teutonic Knights fashioned themselves along Viking or Saxon warriors, but historically wouldn't have been acquainted with eachother. This is really quite a fascinating story as the information from herenow unfolds - keep posting!

It is true the templars originated in 1099. But is also true about templars traveling with Viking in the new world. They always thought as you have said till recently its a new discovery. The discovery was only proved by carbon dating of a rock in Minnesota that had both templar and Viking writings on them. (Is it possible the templars knew Nordic rune yeah its possible)

#89 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

Not 1099, that was the date of the First Crusade. 1119 is when Hugues de Payens and Godfrey de Saint-Omer founded what became Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon (Knights Templar), well after the Viking Age (most of the Viking world was Christian by the year 1000). The idea of the Templars showing up in North America always (in all my reading) happens AFTER the suppression of the order by King Philip IV of France and Pope Pope Clement V in 1307. It is thought in some quarters that some members of the Templars took the Templar treasures and escaped via ship the night that the Templars in France were arrested and made their way to North America.

The Vikings (catch all umbrella term, as they were Danes, Norwegians and Swedes) are known for a fact to have been in what is now Newfoundland around the year 1000. It is strongly suspected that they would have sailed down the east coast of North America for a bit (google Vinland). As for the thought that they went as far inland as modern day Minnesota, this is still a very controversial subject, as much of the evidence offered as proof, such as the Kensington Runestone, are strongly suspected, or proven to be, a hoax.

Now, that said, any further discussion of the possibility of Vikings in Minnesota and Templars anywhere in North America (with or without the Vikings who pre-dated the order) shall hereby take place in the Folklore and Urban Legends board.

Thank you.

Vampchick21
Ghostvillage Moderator
Haunted Places Board.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#90 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

The whole discussion of Viking and templar came in due to runes that the original poster found so in a way deals with this post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users