• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#91 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

Not 1099, that was the date of the First Crusade. 1119 is when Hugues de Payens and Godfrey de Saint-Omer founded what became Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon (Knights Templar), well after the Viking Age (most of the Viking world was Christian by the year 1000). The idea of the Templars showing up in North America always (in all my reading) happens AFTER the suppression of the order by King Philip IV of France and Pope Pope Clement V in 1307. It is thought in some quarters that some members of the Templars took the Templar treasures and escaped via ship the night that the Templars in France were arrested and made their way to North America.

The Vikings (catch all umbrella term, as they were Danes, Norwegians and Swedes) are known for a fact to have been in what is now Newfoundland around the year 1000. It is strongly suspected that they would have sailed down the east coast of North America for a bit (google Vinland). As for the thought that they went as far inland as modern day Minnesota, this is still a very controversial subject, as much of the evidence offered as proof, such as the Kensington Runestone, are strongly suspected, or proven to be, a hoax.

Now, that said, any further discussion of the possibility of Vikings in Minnesota and Templars anywhere in North America (with or without the Vikings who pre-dated the order) shall hereby take place in the Folklore and Urban Legends board.

Thank you.

Vampchick21
Ghostvillage Moderator
Haunted Places Board.

On this whole Viking/Nordic thing, let me say again that I just recently heard about The Westford Knight http://en.wikipedia....Westford_Knight and it is about 5 miles from here so I had to check it out.

A connection I see to what I’ve been experiencing in these woods is a symbol which has shown up on 2 quartz stones, and a deer pawed out the same symbol in the snow over the location of one of those stones, and I’ve seen the same symbol on supposed rune stones in my area on-line this week.

Let me say what I felt on today’s hike. It was a balmy 50 degrees. Damp and overcast. Just an eerie morning.
When I go to the top of the highest peak here I heard and felt some giant rumbles – as if a couple large boulders beneath the soil were rubbing against each other. Maybe there was a tiny earth trembler here this morning?
I’ve never felt or heard that in the nearly 20 years I’ve hiked this spot.

#92 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:17 PM

The Templers wouldn't have used runes as they were considered pagan writing, the Templars were very Christian.

The actual history of the Templars and Vikings were one thing, typing them together and/or ponderings on how far into North America the Vikings came would, indeed, belong in the Urban Legands board.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#93 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

Put that way is understandable.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#94 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

I’ve been researching this area for about a year and a half using old maps, deeds, diaries, newspapers, etc.
This morning I found a blog in which someone has written about finding ceremonial rock arrangements here.
The blog entry was written about 2 years ago and they talk about a set of 50 rock piles on the west side of one of the 2 largest hills in these woods. They say there is not any question about these being ceremonial rock piles and it is a major ‘calendar’ site.

Apparently sites like this have been used by Native peoples for thousands of years.
In my opinion, people have been drawn to locations like this by the power emanating from these locations.

I haven’t walked this part of these woods in the 20 years I’ve been in this area as there is no trail going through there, but I’m going out there today. It overlooks the middle of what I’ve felt is the center of a large medicine wheel structure.

I’ve spoken with the author of the blog via email in the past about other rock structures but was not specific about my area, and did not know they were familiar with it.

#95 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

The number 186

This number (186) was inscribed on 2 things I’ve found in the woods.

Also there was also a time this past Fall when I found something representing the number 1 and something representing the number 6, but no number 8 – though I think I just didn’t find it.

Regardless, I’ve been looking for meaning in the number 186.

Tonight I found that the moon has a cycle related to that number. 18.6 years. It is called the Major Lunar Standstill. Google it.

#96 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:10 AM

The woods have been ‘busy’ on the past few hikes.
Some highlights:
- Someone removed the piece of quartz I found at the location of the “Westford Knight”. All other pieces of quartz in this mostly hidden pile are still in place.
- At the amulet tree yesterday there was a small, fresh pile of dirt and stones; the kind of pile a chipmunk would leave after digging a hole, though there was no hole. On top of this little pile was a nice piece of Rose Quartz. I’ve never found any quartz of this color in these woods. I kept it.
- After learning about 18.6 and lunar cycles, and looking through my notes of the past year and a half, I’m seeing a strong correlation between the moon and the days which I see or feel extra-powerful things in these woods.

#97 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

CONTACT.
I’ve found the person who left the amulet. She is an artist who has placed these in special places as a way of sharing her art.
She’s placed them all over the world.
I’ll be meeting her for coffee some time this month.
She leaves these Buddha amulets in places where she feels ‘power’ or beauty.

If you’ve read this story, you’ll know someone also left me a sun face pendant.
This was not the same person who left the amulet, so there is a third person who’s felt the power of this place.

Regarding the number 186 which was carved on the back of the Buddha – it is just a number in the series of 2,000 Buddhas she has made. The number has no significance – though I’ve spent a year and a half trying to determine its significance. (eh, that’s the way we humans are)

But the person who left the sun face pendant also wrote 186 on the back of the pendant.
So, a part of the mystery is solved.

#98 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

wow, thanks for the update. keep on searching, the answers are out there! just be safe.
Fondly,the Queen
"What a long strange trip it's been" aka Grateful Dead
The West Memphis 3 Are Free!!!!!
www.wm3.org

#99 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

since spring/summer is here, anything new to report?
Fondly,the Queen
www.wm3.org

#100 Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

CONTACT.
I’ve found the person who left the amulet. She is an artist who has placed these in special places as a way of sharing her art.
She’s placed them all over the world.
I’ll be meeting her for coffee some time this month.
She leaves these Buddha amulets in places where she feels ‘power’ or beauty.

It is incredible how far you've come with this. How did you come about finding her? I'm very intrigued by your story.

Also, if it isn't too much I was curious if you could post the artist's name or a link to her work if she has one. I'm somewhat of an art bluff and wanted to check out more of her work.

Jack

Edited by Jack Torrance, 23 June 2011 - 10:50 AM.

#101 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:29 AM

Weird timing. I felt like I should give an update here, and there's Jack's message from yesterday...

I don't want to publish her name. She might not want to be tied to this kind of stuff...!

Here are some updates:

I met with the artist who created the Buddha head amulet.

She is a woman in her 60s, very fit and lively, very warm and friendly.

She leaves these heads in places where she feels ‘power’, and she was surprised and also gratified that I had found the one in the back of the tree because it was in such an obscure place.

She said she did not leave the Sun Pendant and wants me to let her know if I ever meet that person.

Also, I broke off from a Shaman mentor about 4 months ago but am back on good terms now. Today we are no longer teacher/student but are peers.

I began on this journey in December of 2009 when I found the Buddha head wedged into the back of a random tree in a part of the woods that for some reason creeped me out. Before that, I didn’t know Shaman from Pagan from Buddhist from Animist. Though there has always been one thing which grabbed my curiosity, and that was an intense ‘awareness’ I’ve been able to bring on since I was a kid. Other than that, it was all New Agey crap to me.

So for about a year and a half I’ve been reading everything I can on various subjects. Also getting Books-on-CD from the library because I’m in my truck a lot. The topics include Native American history, Buddhism, Meditation (which I think is that intense awareness thing), Dream work, Jung, DeCartes, and on.

I’m having very good success at making things happen. At seeing things. At carrying on work from the ‘awake’ state to the ‘dream’ state and back to the ‘awake’ state. In my next message I’ll write about some of that odd stuff, and though it may sound like sensational BS, it’s as real as anything else we experience on this plane.

#102 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

I’ve been taking my kids for hikes in these woods their whole lives. In the winter we’d sled on one of the narrow trails, dodging trees and screaming and laughing. It was dangerous and stupid, and fun. I could almost believe now, that the yelling and laughing woke up whatever is in these woods.

The Mentor I’ve mentioned has somehow known about one of my daughters. She has said her totem animal is (a certain animal), and she sent her a necklace with tiny footprints of this animal on it. When this daughter is in town and we hike these woods, she wears that necklace.

A few months ago we took a short hike together and then I drove her back to college. In the car she realized the necklace had fallen of during the hike. When I returned from dropping her off at school that evening there was still enough light to take a quick hike and try to re-trace our steps. I did not find the necklace, but I did run into (that certain animal) which was quite a surprise. The animal and I looked at each other, then we somehow talked (about finding food in the woods, actually), then I continued on my route. It was a great experience.

About six weeks later I found the necklace, and of course it was very close to where I encountered that animal.

Another odd note:

When this daughter was very young she used to wake up crying, saying there was (that certain animal), standing at the foot of her bed watching her. This went on for a couple years.

#103 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

thanks for the update. is there a particular reason you do not want to name the animal that is your daughter's totem animal?

Edited by the queen, 24 June 2011 - 02:26 PM.

Fondly,the Queen
www.wm3.org

#104 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

thanks for the update. is there a particular reason you do not want to name the animal that is your daughter's totem animal?

I'm not sure why, but it doesn't seem appropriate... I dunno...!

#105 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:37 AM

This is a very long thread and I don’t expect anyone new to the story to take the time to read it.
But I’m going to keep updating it once in a while, and maybe it will make a connection for someone.

In looking at my notes over the past 20 months I see a huge correlation between the New Moon and when I see and experience things. During the new moon, nature (or whatever) gets ‘in my face’ and makes sure I see things.
This pattern is undeniable, and I’m beginning to learn how to use this timing to increase what I see and learn.

Another thing about the new moon… About 30 years ago I named one of my businesses after the ancient Native American name of the town I was living in. I now use that name in 2 businesses. I don’t know what attracted me to that name so long ago. But as it turns out, a great Native American leader lived and died in that same town. During the early 1600s, while at war, he sent his wife and children ‘far inland’ for their protection. In researching this man and his family I’m convinced that the place he sent them was the town I live in today, about 20 miles west of that first town. They may have lived in these exact woods which I hike and in which I’ve seen so many things.

The tie-in to the new moon? The great leader’s name was Nanepashemet which means ‘New Moon’.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users