• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KendraLGill

KendraLGill

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hello,
I'm looking to start a paranormal group in Norther CA and Southern OR. Any tips on getting started? Anyone out there from the area that's interested? Thanks
Kendra

#2 paranormalmecca

paranormalmecca

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

Hi! I'm from Medford, Oregon - addicted to all things spooky, but I've never done an investigation before. I can't speak for Northern California, but I can tip you off to a few places in my neck of the woods that are rumored to have paranormal happenings.

Rock Point Cemetery, Gold Hill, Oregon. This is just a few miles from the Oregon Vortex, and I've heard stories of it my whole life. It's very old and not so well maintained, but access is easy right from the road. I've never seen the gate closed, although I've never gone at night - not sure if they lock it up then or not. Supposedly there's a green mist that rolls in and a hooded figure with a lantern that walks the grave rows. Activity is supposed to increase in intensity closer to Halloween. Many people have had electronic disturbances with cameras and such, but it's mainly blamed on the magnetic pull of the vortex on the hill. I don't know, but there are plenty of orb photos to prove that something's going on, and reports of ghost lights as well.

Oregon Vortex - It's said that Native American's considered this ground "haunted" and you will not find any animals within the Vortex circle. The ghost of a previous owner is supposed to haunt the buildings. Go and check out the orb photos on display - there's a ton of them.

Ashland, Oregon - The duck pond in Lithia park is haunted by a girl who was murdered many years ago. She usually appears as a glowing bluish form on the edge of the pond. Also there is supposed to be a "dog-faced boy" who made his living stealing from cars and eventually was caught and killed. The Lithia Springs hotel has it's share of ghosts as well, but the new owners prefer not to discuss them, and even went as far as to have a "cleansing" ceremony complete with local religious figures when they re-opened after renovation.

Jacksonville, Oregon - Turn of the century gold town, very well preserved. I've heard stories about ghostly encounters at night on the China Gulch mining trail. Rumor has it there's a ghost who dances in the ballroom at the Jacksonville Inn. Many of the houses built by the town's founding fathers are also still standing, and some are open as museums. Worth checking out for the history alone, and if you find a ghost...all the better! The Children's Museum has always seemed eerie to me, but I've never heard of it being haunted.

Hope at least some of this helps! Good luck, and happy haunting!

#3 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

Hi Kendra-I am from Humboldt County - Not sure if I'm totally committed to making 'hunting' of ghosts a second career (see thread in 'General' on ...the word 'hunt'"), but would sure be interested in hearing from other folks in this area on places and findings. Good Luck!

I should add that I have heard a few stories of local haunts with many of the buildings ones I have spent a great deal of time - one in particular as it was my business for 12 years - If any one is out there from Humboldt, I would love to share.

One last P.S. - Where in the great State of Jefferson might you be close to?
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#4 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

Hi, Kendra, I'm on the Central coast, about 3.5 hours from The City
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users