• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ParaxChild

ParaxChild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:15 AM

My name is Sydney, and I am 14 years old.

At night, when I'm all alone, I think I hear someone calling my name, when no one is there. I'll hear sounds that sound so real, but they aren't there. I'm constantly seeing shadows, and CONSTANTLY feeling like I am being watched.

I'm very attuned to what other people are feeling. I understand everyone, even if I never met them.
And sometimes, I can tell what someone is about to say.
I feel what other people feel
without any regard to my own feelings.

I've recently become OBSSESED with the paranormal. Sometimes I'll hear a loud ringing, kinda like a dog whistle, and it won't go away.

All this scares the crap out of me.

Help?

-Sydney

#2 LinkaChase

LinkaChase

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hello Sydney, I'm Chase. I'm also 14.

I used to have Phasmophobia. (Phobia of paranormal) I haven't completely passed the phobia, seeings how I've had it for 13 years. Being your age, I understand what your going through, but I can safely say the Paranomal is nothing to be afraid of. I actually find it quite interesting. Hope I helped, feel free to contact me at Chase.passig@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns.

#3 ParaxChild

ParaxChild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

Hello Sydney, I'm Chase. I'm also 14.

I used to have Phasmophobia. (Phobia of paranormal) I haven't completely passed the phobia, seeings how I've had it for 13 years. Being your age, I understand what your going through, but I can safely say the Paranomal is nothing to be afraid of. I actually find it quite interesting. Hope I helped, feel free to contact me at Chase.passig@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks Chase:)

But they follow me :S

Last night I was laying in bed and I couldn't fall asleep because I felt like I was being watched.

And something was putting pressure on my stomach, making it harder to breath.

I ended up running out of my room and eventually falling asleep on the stairs in my living room.

I don't think whatever is bothering my likes me very much...

#4 LinkaChase

LinkaChase

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Of course. :lol:

Also, try communicating with the spirit, it may shed some light on what happened, or why he/she is mad.

You'll have to use a recorder, ask questions like : What's your name? Did you die here? Do you like me being here? Try and stick with Yes or No questions.

#5 ParaxChild

ParaxChild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:52 AM

Of course. :)

Also, try communicating with the spirit, it may shed some light on what happened, or why he/she is mad.

You'll have to use a recorder, ask questions like : What's your name? Did you die here? Do you like me being here? Try and stick with Yes or No questions.

Good idea,

I tried that last night. I had done it once already and I ended up talking to a little girl.
But she didn't sound mean. When I last did it, I didn't get an answer.
But, I know their still there. I still feel watched. I don't like going in my room.

#6 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:08 AM

I don't see this as anything paranormal. First of all at your age hormonal changes are kicking in. That is a cause for numerous mood swings, attitudes, impressions, etc. These would best be addressed by a medical exam. Chances are the doc would smply put your mind at ease by informing you not to worry and as things stabilize so will your felings.

The whistling sound is called tinnitis. I would have to question whether you have been exposed to loud sounds, particularly the use of MP3 players, etc. Again I would look toward a medical explanaton. More information can be found in this report from the Mayo Clinic website

Edited by CaveRat, 15 March 2010 - 08:09 AM.

CaveRat......
Visit my website

#7 ParaxChild

ParaxChild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

I don't see this as anything paranormal. First of all at your age hormonal changes are kicking in. That is a cause for numerous mood swings, attitudes, impressions, etc. These would best be addressed by a medical exam. Chances are the doc would smply put your mind at ease by informing you not to worry and as things stabilize so will your felings.

The whistling sound is called tinnitis. I would have to question whether you have been exposed to loud sounds, particularly the use of MP3 players, etc. Again I would look toward a medical explanaton. More information can be found in this report from the Mayo Clinic website

You might be right.

But I talked to the little girl.

And I HATE loud noises. HATE them. They terrify me. I have sensitive hearing.

#8 LinkaChase

LinkaChase

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

How would you know? Your not there, your not her. Your just like a scientist, always finding an alternative to something that you already know is probably there. Do me a favor, and shut the BAD_WORD up. Okay?

#9 ParaxChild

ParaxChild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

How would you know? Your not there, your not her. Your just like a scientist, always finding an alternative to something that you already know is probably there. Do me a favor, and shut the BAD_WORD up. Okay?

o.0 Thanks Chase lol

#10 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:18 PM

Your just like a scientist

This is a great compliment in my book. :)

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#11 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

At night, when I'm all alone, I think I hear someone calling my name, when no one is there. I'll hear sounds that sound so real, but they aren't there. I'm constantly seeing shadows, and CONSTANTLY feeling like I am being watched.

I'm very attuned to what other people are feeling. I understand everyone, even if I never met them.

I've recently become OBSSESED with the paranormal. Sometimes I'll hear a loud ringing, kinda like a dog whistle, and it won't go away.

Help?

-Sydney

Hi Sydney,

I hate to hear of someone going throught these troubles. Whatever their cause & meaning is, I do not doubt that they are frightening to experience. Having had similar expriences when I was young, I can assure you that you have my ernest concern & sympathy.

I will give you the best advice I can, and I hope that you will take it as it is intended; in a spirit of helpfulness.

I think it is important that you consider all possibilities here.

Now, it is perfectly possible that what you are experienceing is paranormal. I feel sure that you are a normal, healthy & intelligent young lady. However, things like hearing your name, and feelings of being watched can also have other explanations besides paranormal ones. So please consider this: If as you say, you have recently becme obsessed with the paranormal, this obsession may be leading you to interpret non-paranormal events as something paranormal. Just something to consider.

Another important point is that each experience is a seperate thing. They must be evaluated on their own merits. One may be supernatural, the others not. Try not to think of one as evidence for the other. For instance, the pressure on your stomach while you wee laying awake. This may have been a ghost, or maybe not. Nerves & stress can cause just such a wierd feeling in a person's gut. You assumed it was being done by a ghost, because you were thinking of ghosts. It's the most natural thing in the world to do, really. Just remember that we can all fool ourselves like this, and it would be a real shame if you were making things worse than they really are.

Since there is no type of test for paranormal events, it is well worth the time spent to try to eliminate natural causes for things we experience. Getting yourself checked for tinnitus is actually a smart move. If it can be shown that you do not have that condition, it helps narrow the field of what you may be experiencing. Think of it as good detective work to use such a method. At the least, you can say to skeptics that you for sure are not suffering from it. And of course, if you were found to have the condition, you have one less thing to worry about. It is a win/win for you.

Now why am I focusing on the cause & not the solution? Well, I think they may be related. At least, if you can narrow this stuff down & become comfortable with your experiences, They may not bother you as much. Something that is very important to remember; outside of horror movies, there are no documented cases of spirits harming someone. It just has never happened. You do not need to be afraid to be in your room. It is your room so if you fel nervous, remind yourself that you belong there and no one else does. Say it out loud if it makes you feel better. Once you get in the habit of taking charge, I bet you will feel a lot better in there.

Well I hope this helps you some at least. Feel free to ask me anything or PM me if you wish. You can also sic LinkaChase on me if you do not like my advice. :)

Best wishes, Canis

P.S. Caverat may have been a little abrupt in the way he phrased his advice, but I assure you he is only trying to help. My experience with the man is that he is very inteligent, knowledgable, and genuinely wants to help people out.

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#12 ParaxChild

ParaxChild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:15 PM

Help?

-Sydney

Hi Sydney,

I hate to hear of someone going throught these troubles. Whatever their cause & meaning is, I do not doubt that they are frightening to experience. Having had similar expriences when I was young, I can assure you that you have my ernest concern & sympathy.

I will give you the best advice I can, and I hope that you will take it as it is intended; in a spirit of helpfulness.

I think it is important that you consider all possibilities here.

Now, it is perfectly possible that what you are experienceing is paranormal. I feel sure that you are a normal, healthy & intelligent young lady. However, things like hearing your name, and feelings of being watched can also have other explanations besides paranormal ones. So please consider this: If as you say, you have recently becme obsessed with the paranormal, this obsession may be leading you to interpret non-paranormal events as something paranormal. Just something to consider.

Another important point is that each experience is a seperate thing. They must be evaluated on their own merits. One may be supernatural, the others not. Try not to think of one as evidence for the other. For instance, the pressure on your stomach while you wee laying awake. This may have been a ghost, or maybe not. Nerves & stress can cause just such a wierd feeling in a person's gut. You assumed it was being done by a ghost, because you were thinking of ghosts. It's the most natural thing in the world to do, really. Just remember that we can all fool ourselves like this, and it would be a real shame if you were making things worse than they really are.

Since there is no type of test for paranormal events, it is well worth the time spent to try to eliminate natural causes for things we experience. Getting yourself checked for tinnitus is actually a smart move. If it can be shown that you do not have that condition, it helps narrow the field of what you may be experiencing. Think of it as good detective work to use such a method. At the least, you can say to skeptics that you for sure are not suffering from it. And of course, if you were found to have the condition, you have one less thing to worry about. It is a win/win for you.

Now why am I focusing on the cause & not the solution? Well, I think they may be related. At least, if you can narrow this stuff down & become comfortable with your experiences, They may not bother you as much. Something that is very important to remember; outside of horror movies, there are no documented cases of spirits harming someone. It just has never happened. You do not need to be afraid to be in your room. It is your room so if you fel nervous, remind yourself that you belong there and no one else does. Say it out loud if it makes you feel better. Once you get in the habit of taking charge, I bet you will feel a lot better in there.

Well I hope this helps you some at least. Feel free to ask me anything or PM me if you wish. You can also sic LinkaChase on me if you do not like my advice. :)

Best wishes, Canis

P.S. Caverat may have been a little abrupt in the way he phrased his advice, but I assure you he is only trying to help. My experience with the man is that he is very inteligent, knowledgable, and genuinely wants to help people out.

Thank you for the advice :)

I asked my mom about going to a doctor. I have an appointment tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

But what about the little girl? I SWEAR I picked up a voice on my recorder. The voice was so clear.

#13 LinkaChase

LinkaChase

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:13 AM

Hahaha, everyone is going to hate me now. XD

#14 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:22 AM

Thank you for the advice :)

I asked my mom about going to a doctor. I have an appointment tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

But what about the little girl? I SWEAR I picked up a voice on my recorder. The voice was so clear.

You are very welcome. :)

I do not want to speculate about the voice without having listened to it. It could be any number of things, including a ghost. There are also many ways to get false positives with EVP. I really could not venture to say wat it might be without having heard it for myself. Is there any way you can share it with us? It sounds interesting.

I hope the doctor's visit goes well for you.

Regards, Canis

#15 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

Hahaha, everyone is going to hate me now. XD

LOl! Probably not, my friend. :)

....but, it is generally not good to go around speaking to people the way you spoke to Caverat. Just some food for thought.

Regards, Canis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users