astral projection

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 cristi

cristi

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

Hi my name is cristi i'm new on this web site. I was browsing thru the web sites and came across astral projection. I 'm interested in this but i'm not sure how it done or if people like myself not a psychic or meduim can do it. I guess you go to sleep and your spirit is suppose to travel out of your body to ther dimensions or places. Does anyone have any feedbback on this for me? Has anyone ever done it?Looking forward to a reply someone put something out there for me thanks Cristi

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

Namaste Cristi, welcomg to GhostVillage.

Astral Projection is indeed a subject of immense interest to me, please check through these previous discussions we had here. It might he helpful for ya!

Astral Travel and Projection
Astral Travel
Astral Travel
Posted Image

#3 cristi

cristi

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

Namaste Cristi, welcomg to GhostVillage.

Astral Projection is indeed a subject of immense interest to me, please check through these previous discussions we had here. It might he helpful for ya!

Astral Travel and Projection
Astral Travel
Astral Travel

Hi moonchild, yes i did check it out and its very interesting,i just wish that i could do it.Have you ever done it yourself? I read that some people have i think you have to have a powerful mind. I have a hard time even meditating because of the thoughts in my head. Thanks for responding Cristi

#4 AnythingButNormal

AnythingButNormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Science, history, museums, and the technical aspects of investigating the paranormal.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:53 AM

I have done astral travel as well as dream walking. There is a distinct difference between the two. Astral Travel is VERY dangerous, and not recommended for beginners unless you know and understand the dangers you may face. Dream walking is absolutely amazing. I have a friend who wrote her psychology thesis on the topic and felt it was necessary to include me in her research. She was able to bring me along on a shared dream. We worked at the same place and the day after it happened I went to ask her opinion on the matter. I said, "Let me tell you about the crazy dream I had.", to which she replied, "You were an eskimo and lived in an igloo with your wife." She went on to relay precise details of the dream before I had even bothered to tell her.

It's important to note that dream walking is very physically demanding. I slept nine hours the night of my eskimo dream. I awoke freezing in an 85 degree apartment and felt as if I had only slept for an hour. It is very similar to being awake.
Investigator/Technical Manager: South Coast Paranormal Society, Augusta, GAwww.southcoastparanormalsociety.com

#5 cristi

cristi

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

I have done astral travel as well as dream walking. There is a distinct difference between the two. Astral Travel is VERY dangerous, and not recommended for beginners unless you know and understand the dangers you may face. Dream walking is absolutely amazing. I have a friend who wrote her psychology thesis on the topic and felt it was necessary to include me in her research. She was able to bring me along on a shared dream. We worked at the same place and the day after it happened I went to ask her opinion on the matter. I said, "Let me tell you about the crazy dream I had.", to which she replied, "You were an eskimo and lived in an igloo with your wife." She went on to relay precise details of the dream before I had even bothered to tell her.

It's important to note that dream walking is very physically demanding. I slept nine hours the night of my eskimo dream. I awoke freezing in an 85 degree apartment and felt as if I had only slept for an hour. It is very similar to being awake.

Hi What exactly is dream walking? I've never heard of it.I would like to try it considering i will probably never get to astral travel or project.I read about when you and your wife went together and you took the sword and shooed away whatever that was going after your wife.That sounds really cool. I read a book that Slyvia Browne wrote(the medium) and she also spoke about the silver cord. She says when you pass away its there also. Dream walking seems to be a little easier to do if it is what i think it is.Let me know when you get a chance to write back Thanks Cristi

#6 AnythingButNormal

AnythingButNormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Science, history, museums, and the technical aspects of investigating the paranormal.

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:13 AM

Hi What exactly is dream walking? I've never heard of it.I would like to try it considering i will probably never get to astral travel or project.I read about when you and your wife went together and you took the sword and shooed away whatever that was going after your wife.That sounds really cool. I read a book that Slyvia Browne wrote(the medium) and she also spoke about the silver cord. She says when you pass away its there also. Dream walking seems to be a little easier to do if it is what i think it is.Let me know when you get a chance to write back Thanks Cristi

Dream walking was something a dear friend of mine showed me how to do, and she even wrote a thesis paper on it for college psychology. I thought all this travel stuff was absolute hokum until the following story occurred...

I worked at a restaurant with this friend who sensed I had some abilities and told me she'd teach me how to dream travel. I said, "Oh, uh, ok sure. What do I have to do?" and she replied, "Nothing, I'll come get you tonight." Suffice to say I was EXTREMELY skeptical about the whole occurrence. I went to bed as normal and started to dream. I remember dreaming about walking in a state park I visited frequently. Suddenly, it became very hard to walk and I dreamt I was walking through very thick Georgia red mud. When I looked at my feet, I was somehow wearing a set of snowshoes. I had a very real dream where I was an Eskimo. I remember being attacked by a killer whale and saved by a polar bear. I caught a huge red and pinkish colored fish which I brought back to my igloo on a dogsled and presented it to my wife who cooked it for dinner.

At the time I was not married, nor have I ever visited any polar region of the world. I was later told that this kind of dream walking is a totemic voyage where you find your totem animal. Mine was obviously the polar bear. Another interesting thing to note is that my dream wife was the friend I mentioned earlier. I awoke freezing and exhausted the next morning in a 90 degree apartment. When I went to work later in the day, I immediately ran to my friend and said I have to tell you about this dream I had last night. She stopped me and proceeded to tell me all the details of my dream before I ever opened my mouth. I looked at her completely dumbfounded and said, "How do you know all that?" She calmly replied, "I was there with you the whole time. Who do you think came and took you there?" Suffice to say, my disbelief in her abilities was completely shattered.

Dream walking, very simply stated, is the ability to convey messages, experiences, or adventures with people you know fairly well. It is important to have a common place that you both frequent in the waking world. This is where you go to meet them while you dream, like the state park in my dream. Call their name in the dream and imagine them there with you. This will summon them to your dream. Then you imagine the dream or let your creativity run wild making the dream happen through force of will. You can create any reality you desire in the dream state. Both of you should awaken with shared knowledge of the things which transpired in the dream world. It is VERY exhausting and you will awaken feeling as though you've not slept.

Just as an experiment I tried to do it last week to get in touch with a friend whose phone number I had lost in a phone mishap. She called me the next day. I use this ability to stay in touch with those I care about because of how exhausting it is. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them, but I'm not quite the expert my friend is on the subject.
Investigator/Technical Manager: South Coast Paranormal Society, Augusta, GAwww.southcoastparanormalsociety.com

#7 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

cristi, I can assure you that you astral project; everybody does it. You don't have to be anyone special to do it. We astral project when we sleep. Do you remember your dreams? What you remember is what you have brought back from your travels.

And with all due respect, I don't think it is the least bit dangerous. :kitty:
petunia4998

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:30 AM

You can download a free copy of the book School of Out-of-Body Travel - A Practical Guidebook from this link. Happy reading and experimenting,
Posted Image

#9 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

Hi my name is cristi i'm new on this web site. I was browsing thru the web sites and came across astral projection. I 'm interested in this but i'm not sure how it done or if people like myself not a psychic or meduim can do it. I guess you go to sleep and your spirit is suppose to travel out of your body to ther dimensions or places. Does anyone have any feedbback on this for me? Has anyone ever done it?Looking forward to a reply someone put something out there for me thanks Cristi

Astral projection is easy and I have done it many a time. There are several methods to help you get started, from simple concentration on a location, to using crystals to aid you in the journey (sugilite has worked for me but I also recommend celestite, iolite, moldavite, and tektite). Good luck and happy astral traveling!

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

Here is an interesting link where you can download video on some important questions on Astral Project answered. You need to submit your email and they would send the download link.
Posted Image

#11 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:00 AM

cristi, I can assure you that you astral project; everybody does it. You don't have to be anyone special to do it. We astral project when we sleep. Do you remember your dreams? What you remember is what you have brought back from your travels.

And with all due respect, I don't think it is the least bit dangerous. :kitty:

When I read this I was really surprised because I never thought it'd be that easy and never realized I was doing it all this time.

Whatever

#12 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:10 AM

Left alone I will typically sleep 10-14 hours and wake up still very tired and I often have rather vivid dreams that I can usually control. The best ones are like a video game from the future. On one occasion a relative reported seeing me in the same room when I was far from home.

Not sure if any of that is connected to this topic. I'm going to read up on it though and see what I can do.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

#13 Robot

Robot

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Physics, Flying, Guitar, Robots, Paranormal

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:50 AM

Here is an interesting link where you can download video on some important questions on Astral Project answered. You need to submit your email and they would send the download link.

Looks very interesting, Thanks for the link!
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.(Proverbs 18:2)http://www.ghostphysics.blogspot.com./

#14 Robot

Robot

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Physics, Flying, Guitar, Robots, Paranormal

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:58 AM

I know nothing about "astral projection", however I have an older Physicist friend who was involved with the CIA's experiments with remote viewing. These were done with several California Universities in the early 1970's. "Remote Viewing" and "astral projection" may share similar "mechanisms".

Some beilive the "human conciousness" resides outside the human body. This is partially supported by people in Near Death Experiences who are able to see their body,"from above", and recall vivid details, while they were unconcious or "clinically dead".

The human brain may be nothing more than a complex "quantum entanglement based" bioelectronic interface board. The "real" conciousness/intellect/soul lies elsewhere. Physicist Roger Penrose discussed this in the 1960's.

Certainly food for thought!

Edited by Robot, 13 May 2010 - 05:59 AM.

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.(Proverbs 18:2)http://www.ghostphysics.blogspot.com./

#15 Prime Number

Prime Number

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

My understanding is that there is a big difference between OBE (out of body experiance) and astral projection. To my knowledge I have never had an OBE, although I have had some luck with remote viewing which I am lead to believe is another facet of it. I have regularly astral projected, in astral projection you do not leave the body, maybe remote viewing is somewhere inthe middle of the two?

Personally I have never encountered any problems while astral projecting, nor have I talked to anyone that has?

An arguement put forword is that Astral projection is all in the mind and it is the mind that creates the scenario whilst the body is in a trance

PN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users