• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:38 AM

I've been reading a lot of HP Lovecraft lately, this actually seems to be one of his favorite subjects. I've noticed that all the stories about someone entering "earth's dream world" seem to tie into eachother. I'm currently reading one of near novel length "the dream quest of unknown kadath" which actually references all the other such stories Ive read earlier, implying it is all one massive vision of other dimentions. Just thought I'd share that here. The stuff he writes about is no more crazy than the things a lot of people claim after trying this sort of thing.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

#17 Abominable Dr. Civis!

Abominable Dr. Civis!

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy kayaking, hiking, geocaching, foreign films, suspense, cheaply-made action or slasher films, folklore, working out, keeping a myriad of friends and acquaintances, green tea, Pixies (the band), spontaneity and adventure! Oh, and ghost-hunting too of course, though I find its more like fishing.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

I am going to have to disagree with Petunia and Prime. My one astral projection experience was very disturbing and I never attempted it again. Perhaps it was not "physically dangerous" but I believe very strongly there was some very real danger.
"The big brain am winning! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I must now leave Earth for no raisin! " -Chief Big Brain of Futurama

#18 Old Guy

Old Guy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

Having only achieved it once, I don't think there's any real harm in it. As long as you can find your way back. For some, that could be a *real* problem. But I feel certain that you'd already be willing to go and not come back if that were to happpen.

IMHO - It's just a form of self-hypnosis. The one time I made the conscious-subconscious connection, it freaked me out so much that I couldn't do it again. :-P
Cynic. Skeptic. Believer.|||||||^

#19 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

Abominable, if I may ask, what was your horrible experience? You may have tried to go someplace you should not have gone. :kitty:
petunia4998

#20 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

I am going to have to disagree with Petunia and Prime. My one astral projection experience was very disturbing and I never attempted it again. Perhaps it was not "physically dangerous" but I believe very strongly there was some very real danger.

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience - prior to the astral projection, what sort of mental image were you concentrating on? What you envision can have a strong influence on where your soul travels. As an aside, I can recommend using quartz crystals to help "ground" you should you ever decide to give AP another try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users