• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheForeverMan616

TheForeverMan616

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

Occassional poster, with many new legends...

Bisbee Arizona - By Youngblood drive there's a house for sale with all the doors locked up at the top of a steep set of stairs.
The house is old and falling apart, funny thing is all the furniture remains inside the old tattered shack.

Legend: If you and a small group of friends all gather a few to each window in the house, one of you will see or feel the former residents. They'll let you know why they aren't there anymore, some say the story is violent and bloody. Some say, they'll make you feel the pain they once felt.

Stairs to nowhere - Behind the old house is a set of broken stairs, that lead to nowhere. Some say the bodies of the former residents of the house are buried up there. Some say that's where the shadow monster live up there.

Legend: Past the stairs, you'll meet the shadow monster. Offer him something or he'll take your life.

Charleston Road/ Charleston River: Melon Heads - There's an old "farm" with a light glimmering off in the middle of nowhere, no roads to access it, but as you drive up in the dark night you'll be sure to see it. Some say a man used to live their who would experiment on the youth his daughters would reproduce. These experiments all failed, the children turned into horribly deformed creatures that the "farmer" would turn out into the night.

Legend: The melon heads "haunt" the surrounding Charleston area.

Moson Road - Driving through on this road at 12:05am, you'll be greeted with a lonely hitcher wearing a long black coat and a brilliant white smile. He'll have a torch/lantern/flashlight that he'll wave you down with. Once you pull over for him, he'll come to the passenger side window look into your vehicle and will leave you with a variety of forboding messages.

"The dead have highways, running through the wasteland behind our lives, bearing an endless traffic of departed souls. They can be heard in the broken places of our world, through cracks made out of cruelty, violence, and depravity. They have sign posts, these highways, and crossroads and intersections. And it is at these intersections where the dead mingle, and sometimes spill over into our world"

"Pretty night for a walk, join me?"

"Where are you headed friend? ...Oh, I guess we're headed in two different directions. See you on the other side."

Fairbanks Mill: Just past the old Cemetary at Fairbanks there is a mill, some believe that a Werewolf guards the mill and has for some 20+ years.

Legend: Go to the mill past 12:00am and you may just encounter a werewolf.

Bisbee Tunnels: In the 1950's Bisbee they had an old time subway system, it was closed due to mass amounts of people going missing upon entry or being found dead on the tracks.

Legend: The former bisbee subway is filled with Salem's Lot-esque vampires. There is an entry point at the very beginning of the street Brewery Gulch with a Danger-Warning sign.

Old House Behind Bisbee Cemetary: In 1993 an escaped mental patient murdered the residents of a house behind the cemetary, the only house, huge and white.
The husband was shot to death and left in a closet, his wife was then raped and beaten, placed in the closet with her husband and locked in.

Legend: Blood stains are still stretched across the walls and the husband and his murderer (later killed in prison) are said to both haunt the house.

Tunnel at The River/ Forever Man: A former train underpass a mile from the river's parking lot is supposed to be the haunting ground of a Voodoo Macumba called The Forever Man. His spirit haunts the underpass.

Legend: If you bring a mirror to the underpass you'll see the spectre's form, he may try and pull you into the mirror (otherside) with him.
Note: Burn the mirror after use

Enjoy your scares little ones.

#2 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

Thank you for the fun and scary stories. I love looking into legends for that kernel of truth, but these are pretty far out there. Just out of curiosity, I notice your moniker, TheForeverMan, appears to be the same as one of the scaries - is there a connection? Would love to hear if you are comfortable with divulging the story (if any?)!
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#3 TheForeverMan616

TheForeverMan616

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Thank you for the fun and scary stories. I love looking into legends for that kernel of truth, but these are pretty far out there. Just out of curiosity, I notice your moniker, TheForeverMan, appears to be the same as one of the scaries - is there a connection? Would love to hear if you are comfortable with divulging the story (if any?)!

Oh, we'll just say this old man likes that legend the best. :D

#4 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:34 PM

good stories! Thanks for posting them!
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#5 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

Thanks ForeverMan, the posts rock!

#6 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

"Pretty night for a walk, join me?"

I for one find that very foreboding! Hehe.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 ghostman93

ghostman93

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

great myths
very interesting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users