What is this equipment?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:19 AM

If anyone recalls an episode of Ghost Adventures where they used some variation of a Faraday cage to try and capture a spirit (virually impossible if I may add).

Is there a name for that piece of equipment?
"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#2 RodoBabbins

RodoBabbins

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:26 PM

I believe that would be the infamous Para-Bot
JoshCo-FounderSafe Harbor Paranormal

#3 AnythingButNormal

AnythingButNormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Science, history, museums, and the technical aspects of investigating the paranormal.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

Oh crap, not the infamous tricked out plastic box with undercarriage lighting known as the parabot :P!!!! :Wall:
Investigator/Technical Manager: South Coast Paranormal Society, Augusta, GAwww.southcoastparanormalsociety.com

#4 Old Guy

Old Guy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

http://www.travelcha...nt-chamber.html

I just LOVE this stuff!

"Bess claims to have already captured all sorts of entities with his Parabot, including the fully formed, clearly visible spirit of a schoolteacher from the 1920s."

Yup. See it at Stuckey's when you stop to see The Thing. And be sure to pick up a can of BS Repellent while you're there.
Cynic. Skeptic. Believer.|||||||^

#5 ktranger

ktranger

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

Oh crap, not the infamous tricked out plastic box with undercarriage lighting known as the parabot :clap:!!!! :clap:

Yep that's it... "infamous" is a good word choice for it.

#6 wipsi

wipsi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

So....no pictures of this 1920s school teacher?

If anyone recalls an episode of Ghost Adventures where they used some variation of a Faraday cage to try and capture a spirit (virually impossible if I may add).

Is there a name for that piece of equipment?

#7 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:33 AM

They later exposed that guy as a fraud on a follow-up show. He threw his EMF detector across the room (clearly caught on tape) and then claimed it got knocked out of his hand. They let him on because it was an always ridiculous live show and he sounded cool.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

#8 RodoBabbins

RodoBabbins

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

Wish I could see the looks of horror on the faces of the producers and directors when this went down. And have to say thanks to this guy for giving the world of paranormal another black eye for his antics.
JoshCo-FounderSafe Harbor Paranormal

#9 Illuminated One

Illuminated One

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:51 PM

Robert Bess, Talk about digging your own grave! lol He obviously had to know that it was a live nationally televised show! He committed career suicide as far a being credibility in the paranormal is concerned. what a moron!

~IlluminatedOne

#10 Jacob_JABP

Jacob_JABP

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

I loved that episode, I stayed up and watched the ENTIRE thing... After watching what Robert did I started laughing because he embarrassed himself in front of millions..
...JSB...

#11 SpookedindaShaw

SpookedindaShaw

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:13 PM

Here is a question then. Because of the theories out there that entities can produce an EMF (that's why we use EMF detectors right?) would it be plausible to create a small electro-magnetic field to not trap them but allow them more mobility? Would a small EMF generator help or hinder an investigation?
"I'm not dead! yes you are you'll be stone dead in a moment." - Monty Python

#12 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

Interesting question, Spooked
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#13 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

Here is a question then. Because of the theories out there that entities can produce an EMF (that's why we use EMF detectors right?) would it be plausible to create a small electro-magnetic field to not trap them but allow them more mobility? Would a small EMF generator help or hinder an investigation?

Nope, EMF detectors are used to find manmade or natural anomalies that might cause false positives in our other evidence gathering equipment. There is no proof anywhere that a spirit is in any way related to direct EMF activity.

That said there IS evidence that strong EMF fields can cause people halucinate or experience things due to the field's interaction with normal brainwave activity. Several research projects are ongoing along this area.

As for generating a field and getting reaction i have done this and had one rather strange result which I have been unable to duplicate. It involved generating a field then immediately switching to an inductive receiver system. Audio was recorded for a few seconds after the switch. This audio then faded. A repeat of this resulted in a somewhat shorter response, then an even smaller reaction on the third attempt. Subsequent tries have resulted in negative results. Equipment anomalies have been investigated and no cause found.

I should point out though that no spirit activity was reported at the time nor anything else commonly thought of as paranormal, only this EMF anomaly. Thus I don't at this point have any evidence connecting it to spirits, it copuld easily be something else related to atmospheric propogation or something else that simply hasn't been determined at this point. My research is ongoing into this.

In this regard it may be a valid project to create a field and study the results. But again ALL avenues must be considered. It may be totally unrelated to spirits so it serves no purpose to confine one's investigation to only that source.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#14 SpookedindaShaw

SpookedindaShaw

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:52 PM

I'll have to assemble my small scale generator and see what happens. thanks for the information.
"I'm not dead! yes you are you'll be stone dead in a moment." - Monty Python

#15 coredump

coredump

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

I believe this is the reason some investigators use an EMF Pump during investigations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users