#16 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:25 AM

Thanks Andy. Now I want to know what does MoonChild actually means? Where does this comes into play with Vampirism or Vampires? What is the big deal about the Seventh Son of the Seventh Son?
Posted Image

#17 AndyCT

AndyCT

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Reading (Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy)<br />Spending time with friends and family<br />Computers<br />TV

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:39 AM

what does MoonChild actually means?

hmm dunno it mite take awhile 4 me to find out,

Seventh Sons,
In Romania, those persons born seventh are deemed fated to become vampires. The seventh son of a seventh son, a truly cursed individual, can be detected at birth by the presence of a small tail. This belief contradicts Gaelic and English views that the seventh son (or generally the seventh son of a family) are born with certain positive powers, such as remarkable luck and healing. The occult nature of the seventh child, including an affinity for the spirit world, is interpreted by Romanians as an unavoidable attraction to vampirism after death.
"Evil Unchecked Grows, Evil Tolerated Poisons The Whole System" - Jawaharlal Nehru"Through Avarice, Evil Smiles; Through Insanity, It Sings" - Anonymous

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:46 AM

cool! I assume (from what I know) that Seventh Born of the Seventh born as refered to as the MoonChild.
Posted Image

#19 AndyCT

AndyCT

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Reading (Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy)<br />Spending time with friends and family<br />Computers<br />TV

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:56 AM

what does MoonChild actually means? Where does this comes into play with Vampirism or Vampires?

the only thing i found out about moonchild is that its a song and a book

as far as i can tell it doesnt really have nethin to do wiv vampires

cool! I assume (from what I know) that Seventh Born of the Seventh born as refered to as the MoonChild.

where'd u find that out?
"Evil Unchecked Grows, Evil Tolerated Poisons The Whole System" - Jawaharlal Nehru"Through Avarice, Evil Smiles; Through Insanity, It Sings" - Anonymous

#20 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:58 AM

well, that is what I have heard of. Anyways, I will do some search too!
Posted Image

#21 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:15 AM

This is the first I've heard about the Highgate vampire I'm afraid, but it does seem like a contrived supernatural occurance meant to create fame and fortune for one Sean Manchester.

And the Romanians felt that the seventh son had a very close link with the world of the dead, and so was more likely to become a vampire... but there were still ways of preventing it I think.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#22 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 02:26 PM

I have also heard 'Moon Child' as term for those of us born under the sign of Cancer, which is associated with the moon.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#23 CathandDavid

CathandDavid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Research and the Occult

Posted 29 December 2004 - 01:56 PM

Hi I've only just noticed this thread about the Highgate Vampire,

http://www.dfarrant.co.uk this website features video clips with David being interviewed about The Highgate Vampire Case. You will need Real Player and Broadband

Please email me at dfplcatherine@yahoo.co.uk if you wish to ask any further questions about David and The British Psychic and Occult Society.

#24 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:03 PM

Thanks so much for the info Cath! I am sure our Villagers will be quite intrigued!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#25 CathandDavid

CathandDavid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Research and the Occult

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:07 PM

You're more then welcome Bridget. Obviously we want to point people to the right source of information instead of it being sensationalised to the point of it sounding unbelievable. Plus most of these videos were filmed at the exact time of 'The Highgate Vampire Case'.

Take care, Happy New Year.

Catherine Fearnley

#26 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 02:42 AM

cemeteries are supposed to be sacred places, therefore a vampire shudnt be able to go into them,

um....isn't that where vampires usually emerge from after dying?

#27 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:29 PM

but is the sacredness of the cemeteries kept?
Posted Image

#28 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:07 PM

Bumping up this interesting topic with a new link on the subject!

http://home.comcast....ndonVampire.htm

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#29 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:10 PM

but is the sacredness of the cemeteries kept?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats a good question Moon....one I've never come across before. In general, the vampire is a person who was buried in the cemetery and rises from there, resting there during the day.

I would assume however, that the local priest, after a vampire has been discovered and dealt with, would rebless the cemetery the same way they would rebless a church after vandalism.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#30 Vampire Research Society

Vampire Research Society

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:13 AM

This is the first I've heard about the Highgate vampire I'm afraid, but it does seem like a contrived supernatural occurance meant to create fame and fortune for one Sean Manchester.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How could it have possibly brought Seán Manchester "fortune" when all editions of his book The Highgate Vampire make clear on the publisher's page (reverse of the title page): "All proceeds from this book will be contributed to the Apostolic Church of the Holy Grail." More about this Church and The Highgate Vampire book can be found at these links:

http://www.holygrail...uk/Ecclesia.htm

http://www.gothicpre.....pire Book.htm

Seán Manchester presided over the British Occult Society, which investigated hidden and paranormal phenomena, from 1967 until its dissolution in 1988. The BOS was founded in the mid-19th century as an umbrella for several small ghost clubs and psychic investigation groups. In 1997 the publication of The Vampire Hunter's Handbook exposes misleading innaccuracies by authors (and there are many) who have exploitated the Highgate case without ever talking to those who investigated it. It also covers the more mysterious Kirklees Vampire case and the relatively recent phenomenon of vampiroidism, ie people who believe they are vampires and adopt supposed vampire lifestyles in a weird subculture.

http://www.gothicpre...uk/Handbook.htm

The reason why Seán Manchester initially wrote The Highgate Vampire was due to so many people contacting him to ask what really happened. Letters ran into hundreds, and this accumulated following the commission from Peter Underwood, president of the Ghost Club Society, and his publisher, Leslie Frewin Books, to give an account of events up to and including the spoken exorcism attempt of August 1970. Seán Manchester thought this might stem the flow, but the case itself was not yet solved, and reports of unsavoury incidents continued to filter into the columns of local newspapers. Hence the full, unexpurgated account that was first published by the British Occult Society in 1985. A more intimate account was given in a special edition published by Gothic Press in 1991 where the rear fly on the dust jacket states:

“[The author] recognises the immense public interest in the Highgate Vampire case which is why he has written the present volume as a final comment on what, in his own words, is ‘hopefully the last frenzied flutterings of a force so dight with fearful fascination that even legend could not contain it’.”

It was never Seán Manchester's intention to try and convince anyone of the existence of the supernatural; yet still he receives correspondence asking him to do precisely that. Nor was it his wish to stimulate undue interest in these matters; though he accepts this has been an unintentional by-product. By writing a comprehensive recounting of those events surrounding the mystery, he merely sought to provide a record of his unearthly experience for those who wanted to read about it.

In the wake of his book, and personal appearances where he discussed its contents, some individuals were not slow to engage in shameless misrepresentation of his work. The majority of enthusiastic readers of Seán Manchester's book have nevertheless shown immense sympathy and encouragement.

The Vampire Research Society still has members living in the vicinity of Highgate Cemetery and they know of no recent sighting from any credible witness. Those making these wild and unsubstantiated allegations have not provided a single scrap of evidence. No witnesses have been identified whose testimony can be checked. Not one person has independently come forward to verify the claim ~ a claim that remains without any substance whatsoever.

Meanwhile the genuine phenomenon ~ dispatched over three decades ago ~ remains the most compelling contemporary vampire case ever recorded.

Forums where the Highgate case is discussed:

http://groups.msn.com/HighgateVampire

http://highgatevampire.proboards22.com

http://groups.msn.co...ResearchSociety

http://groups.msn.co...shOccultSociety

http://groups.msn.co...rossandTheStake

The last board has three hundred members - and climbing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users