Highgate Cemetery

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:14 AM

WEIRD
Posted Image

#32 Vampire Research Society

Vampire Research Society

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:38 AM

WEIRD

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since the word "weird" (according to the English Oxford Dictionary) refers to the "supernatural, uncanny, unearthly, strange and incomprehensible," and this is the "Highgate Vampire" topic on the Ghost Village forum, how could anything appearing here be other than weird in the extreme?

#33 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:27 PM

I have some print documentation of this phenomenon dating back into the 19th century. This case has been confused with another high profile case from the 19th century, which appeared to be well documented, but there were case similarities which make me wonder.

The modern multi-media sideshow is pretty new to me. The last I heard Goths and Satanic types had been breaking into one of the most prestigious graveyards of the Victorian era for their dubious activities. The last thing I had heard was that someone had heard of the old stories, (which had involved Scotland Yard), had opened the vampires' tomb and received a little surprise.

If anyone needs it I'll root around and see what I can find in my library. JM
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#34 TheForeverMan616

TheForeverMan616

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

Follow the link for the full story, apparently this may just be real..
Also on the second page there are pictures of the said vampire. It's very interesting and frightening, well if you believe in that stuff.

http://www.gothicpre.....e Picture.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users