Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Ghostvillage staff is looking for feedback from members as we work on updating the member guidelines!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

We are currently working to update the Member Guidelines here in the Ghostvillage community. You can read through a copy of the current Guidelines that are in place here: Ghostvillage Member Guidelines

I would like to hear from you, the ones who use the GV Community the most, as to what changes/addition/updates you would like to see in the Guidelines.

You can post your thoughts here to share and discuss with others. If you don't feel comfortable with that, you can send me a PM or an email (mrsspookypants@ghostvillage.com) and it will remain confidential.

Thanks

#2 Robot

Robot

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Physics, Flying, Guitar, Robots, Paranormal

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:18 PM

Is it felt there is a need to update?

I feel the "Village" is "reasonable" with the current guidelines, just my 2 cents.
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.(Proverbs 18:2)http://www.ghostphysics.blogspot.com./

#3 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

Robot,

Thanks for chiming in!

Unfortunately, there is a need to update. As technology continues to advance, the guidelines need to be updated in order to address certain issues.

Keep in mind, the guidelines are not there to censor or punish, but are there in order to attempt to be fair and keep the village running smoothly.

#4 Robot

Robot

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

Robot,

Thanks for chiming in!

Unfortunately, there is a need to update. As technology continues to advance, the guidelines need to be updated in order to address certain issues.

Keep in mind, the guidelines are not there to censor or punish, but are there in order to attempt to be fair and keep the village running smoothly.

Thanks for the info!
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.(Proverbs 18:2)http://www.ghostphysics.blogspot.com./

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

~The only thing I don't like is when I see a new post & I go to click on it, then I see pictures of naked people. Now granted, it's been awhile since this happened and thank goodness it was taken down as soon as it was brought to the Mods attention. I just wish there was a way that once the computer here at GV senses some type of "red flag" from these never-ending trolls, it would go through the Mods first before being posted. Can you tell I don't know squat about computers? lol

Other than that, I think this place is being ran very smoothly. Even when there's a disagreement, there's so much to be learned from both sides & for the most part, folks tend to keep the attitudes at the door. And eventually, the newbies learn the ropes too on how to act accordingly to one another.

Thank you, Mrsspookypants for the chance to try to help give ideas.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#6 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

Laurie Ann, are you suggesting that all posts from people who just join must be approved by Moderators before they are made visible to other Villagers?

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#7 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:25 AM

~With all the many new villagers joining every minute of the day, I know that would not only be impossible but a pain.

What I meant was when a newbie posts a link to another websight, maybe the upgrade to GV would catch onto a "red flag" with that link and put a halt to it before it gets onto the boards. I know it sounds strange & I don't know 'jack' about computers, but it was just an idea.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#8 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:35 AM

Laurie Ann.....good suggestion but at this time we can not control who is able to post links. What we will be doing is "blacklisting" certain links so that they can not be displayed on the boards. It may help in curtailing some of it but spammers are like a nasty virus....they adapt/mutate very quickly.

Also, keep in mind...this isn't an "upgrade" to the GV system/software. This is updating the Member Guidelines to address the new issues that can arise in the community.

#9 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

Hi Mrs. Spookypants,

Thanks for giving us the opurtunity to comment & give input on the guidelines. It is much appreciated.

Really, these seem pretty solid and comprehensive to me.

The one suggestion I have is that perhaps you could include a blurb about what someone can expect when posting photos & other evidence for review.

It seems many times people are hurt or offended if they recieve opinins that differ from what they expected. That will sometimes end with the person getting defensive and the discussion becoming heated. I wonder if a little advanced explanation would help people to be prepared for the inevitable variety of opinions they will recieve.

Regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#10 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

Good suggestion Caniswalensis...thanks for the input!

#11 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:33 AM

Can't speak for all of the mods, but I believe most of us have some form of disclaimer regarding posting in the threads we cover that explains difference of opinions. Now if there was just some way to get some members to read it once in a while...

#12 Robot

Robot

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:20 AM

Can't speak for all of the mods, but I believe most of us have some form of disclaimer regarding posting in the threads we cover that explains difference of opinions. Now if there was just some way to get some members to read it once in a while...

What is this "read" you speak of??? :Wall:

#13 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

:) :D One of the member guidelines talks about copywrited material. If I am not mistaken mrsspookypants that would include the lyrics from Tears For Fears you place at the bottom of each of your posts.

Sorry, but I couldn't help myself. I love that song. Actually the guidelines are clear and straight forward. I see nothing to change or update except maybe the wording. We all just need to read them from time to time and initial that we read them just to keep them fresh in our minds.

Sharon

#14 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:14 AM

Yeh, they are pretty clear, just like the above posts state, maybe a warning of what to expect, that many pictures or experience ect are often debunked and not to get offended by this, as it is nothing peronal? This might help stop people getting huffy when someone doesnt agree with them.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

Thank you for pointing that out Sharon....it has been fixed.

Leonie, that is actually stated in the Welcome message in the evidence section and it still doesn't help. I will see what I can work into the guidelines. Unfortunately, no matter what we put out there, you will always have those that let personal feeling get in the way or those they just like to cause trouble.

Thanks for the input!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users