4 replies to this topic

#1 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

http://www.associate...roe.html?cat=16

Are there really faceless people who live there?

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

It is an interesting story, but it certainly does seem like an urban legend. No one has really tried to investigate? :)
petunia4998

#3 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

It is an interesting story, but it certainly does seem like an urban legend. No one has really tried to investigate? :)

I've only heard this a week ago (I used to live in CT but now live in FL) it does seem far-fetched I do know that part of the state is near Litchfield county so there are dense wooded areas. Combine that with old, dilapidated building and I guess all kinds of stories can arise.

#4 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

If you follow the article to the original poster, Vermont Public Radio, you will see it is one of Joe Citro's stories. If you don't know who he is, Joe is a collector of legends and folklore in New England. Typically most of his stories are paranormal in nature, and in almost every case there is no actual paper trail to the legend, merely, word of mouth accounts.

I do have to give him credit though, I read somewhere that he did find the originator of the Emily's Bridge story, which was made up to scare some visiting relatives. But I would take this one just as entertaining folklore.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#5 GlendaRS

GlendaRS

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:15 AM

It looks like if you had a group of faceless people, you would want them to be in a place where they could be properly cared for. Rather than an old barn in the middle of the woods!
---Glen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users