RESEARCH INVESTIGATING?  THERE IS AN AWFUL LOT

OF FLIRTING GOING ON. :;)
::)

#2 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 14 May 2003 - 07:28 AM

I don't know who Jack is, but in a way I must agree with him. I know that I joined this site to contact others with an interest in the paranormal, and have met some wonderful people here, and some good friends. I've learned a lot and have been able to give my opinioins and theories, and share my pics.

I think that somewhere along the line we lost our focus. Keeping in touch with others, and learning about each other as people is a wonderful thing and one of the great things about this site that makes it a family. But I have to wonder about the overt flirting having become more commonplace than lucid discussions on the paranormal and ghosts in particular. If someone posts a serious topic, it is very rarely replied to. Perhaps it just isn't sexy enough. So no exchange of ideas, just innuendo and double entendres.

When I disappeared, this was a great place, and it still is. But I'm afraid that some visitors who are willing to join and become involved with us are being scared off, or just not wanting to post. This is unfortunate and degrades the quality of what Jeff and others have worked so hard to put together.

I know that I will probably upset some people, and I am not concerned about that. But be considerate of others who want to use ghostvillage.com as something more than a dating service. I'm sure that some members will be happy to read these words, even if they don't express it. Use messengers if you want to flirt. If you want to be educated and educate others, post away.

'Nuff said.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Uson the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#3 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:05 AM

Jack and Wayne- Sorry if we've offended you. So you don't think that we should be able to talk about anything but paranormal activity on this sight? For your information there is alot of discussion about paranormal activity and also other discussions. Also KRC and I are engaged and living together so that is the last thing we would be using this sight for! The one thing that I really enjoy about this sight (and what keeps me coming back) is the fact that we can talk about anything and still have a good laugh. Because of the fact that we talk about everything is what has made some of us like a family. So I think before you make any rushed decisions I think maybe you should read a little further into the sight. I know whenever I've had any questions about my haunting people have been great about helping and I do the same in return.  ;)

#4 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:17 AM

My reply was not meant to be a condemnation of anyone, and I didn't mention anyones names or specific situations. We have all made off topic posts, and I feel that it is perfectly acceptable. My concern is that we forget what the site was started for. So if I stepped on your toes about it, it wasn't anything personal, but you took offense about it for some reason. I was just posting my thoughts and opinions, as are you. My point was that I ahve seen a lot of paranormal posts that haven't been responded to, and I remember a time not too long ago when you could be assured of getting a response.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Uson the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#5 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:21 AM

First of all...Jack...you are a guest here without even the b***s to join!!!  Whatever you say makes no difference to anyone!!!

Wayne...I have seen you post on topics here other than paranormal activity.  Get a life!!!  There is plenty of paranormal discussion here and it is informative and fun!!  Fun being a key word because nobody wants to go to a place that has nothing but a total clinic atmosphere except a total looser without a life at all!!  We are having fun, learning, sharing but certainly not dating!!  If you think that is what is going on you really need to wake up and smell the coffee.  If I see you post on anything other than paranormal subjects I am going to call you on it every time!!  Make sure that you are only clinical and have no fun whatsoever.  The one thing that I will say for sure is that you are not the boss and you will not wreck this site for those who wish to do both....Have Fun and Discuss the Paranormal!!!

Now...Nuff said!! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:28 AM

Well I see that some people are overly sensitive. If you would refer to my second post you would see that i admit that I have. I never got nasty or hateful with anyone either, but I can if you would prefer. However, I think that behaviour like that is juvenile and uncalled for. I won't stoop to that level. My intent was not to offend anyone, just voice an opinion. Your personal attacks show you to be underdeveloped socially. Before you make them, you might want to get to know something about the person you say them about, and maybe be a little less hateful about it. It benefits no one, and just makes you look socially retarded.

MRIP

Posted Image

#7 hoppip

hoppip

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:28 AM

let those that are guilty step up to the plate  :-X

#8 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:33 AM

Wayne...I'll help you out a bit...look at the posting time!  See, we were typing at the same time.  Does it make sense now how I didn't see your second post.  I'm sure that you offended more than just us!!  You will see.  I must have been close in my perception seeing that you got so fired up about it...I am socially very adept and have a very high I.Q.  I can see by your inability to type and make sense that is not the case for you!   You are mentally challenged all the way around and know nothing whether it is about the paranormal or not!!  I will not post to this garbage again!!!  Enjoy your little meaningless existance!! ;D

#9 Jhangles

Jhangles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:44 AM

I think what wayne is saying, is that if you are on the "spiritography" board, then make a spiritography post, or if you're on the "urban ledgends" topic, make a post about urban ledgends.  And I completely agree with him.  I don't see any problem with flirting and stuff in the "Real life occurrences" board, but I do think we should try to keep off topic posts to a minimum, to keep this an effective message board about the paranormal.  

krcguns -  I don't understand why you got so angry...  Wayne was simply stating an opinion that he is entitled to.  

But in my opinion, I do think everyone needs to calm down a bit.  I mean, isn't "real life occurences" supposed to be for the "off topic" posts?  

-Jhangles
Killing never solves anything~ But it keeps people out of your hair while you think about what to do...

#10 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 10:02 AM

I'm very sorry that I got upset at the opinions posted by Jack and Wayne...I felt not only personally attacked but I also felt that the friends I have made here were also attacked.  I think that the banter is also good for the fact that there isn't always a new post in each catagory.  I think that, from what I have seen here everyone just about provides very good advice and information about whatever the subject is.  I don't see anyone getting their pic blown off or their story ignored just so someone else can have their banter back and forth.  Again, I overreacted to what I thought was an attack on me and my friends here! ;D

#11 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 10:10 AM

I overrected a bit to your post too, and for that I apologize. No harm intended.

MRIP

Posted Image

#12 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 11:31 AM

*steps up to the plate* totally guilty of going on relentlessly but take offense only by the fact that its jack that has the problem, don't care that your stating your opinion, that i can respect but your a guest and really shouldn't have that much to say on who talks what and how much we flirt, totally none of your concern if your not gonna even join the village! :-*
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#13 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 11:42 AM

Thank you Willow...that was what I wanted to say but didn't say nearly so elloquently!!  Again, sorry to have been so upset!! ;D

#14 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 11:53 AM

;) Welcome krc, better keep it short or it might count as flirting,lol but totally understand where everyones opinion comes from, he wouldn't of posted this forum if he didn't want to honestly know what we thought ;D
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#15 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 14 May 2003 - 03:46 PM

Hi All,

Personally I intensly enjoy posting of the "the War tween the sexes".  The "Real Life Occurances" is the first area I always visit.  The interaction and humor shown gives me a chance to laugh before going to the other areas.  I love witty posts and this section is the place for them.  To the grumps that take offense, the answer is exceedingly simple.  

1.  Don't visit the threads that bother you

2.  Start your own threads and set down your particular guidelines.  I think most will comply to your wishes, but you may find a lack of participation by those who are here to enjoy thenselves as well as learn of the paranormal.

Flying ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users