• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#16 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:00 PM

Well said all!!  :-* Ooops is that concidered flirting??  ;)

#17 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:17 AM

Okay, I'm just as guilty if not more so than anybody. I've met some INCREDIBLY cool people here and someone really special (VERDAMMT! I'm flirting :o) Some of which I'm planning on meeting face to face...unfortunately they're in the Mid-west, not even in the same time zone. I don't have a lot of time to chat online, you get the picture, hey? If you're THAT offended
by it,what can I say, 'Migo...don't read the threads you find offensive, as Flyingorb said, or post a counterthread
as a protest. The Forum IS real life though and romance or friends getting together is a part of that the last time I checked ;)

Whispers of Fire
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#18 haunted

haunted

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:13 PM

if this feels like a dating board at least everyone has got 1 thing in common huh ;) ;) ;) :)

#19 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:48 PM

*Snickers*I mean well said, Haunted 8)
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#20 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:48 PM

hey..whats wrong with flirting...oh, by the way...HOW YOU DOIN :-*
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#21 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:56 PM

Ok I must say something on this subject.  Wayne has been here a lot longer than most of you bashing him.  I think it was RUDE they way Krcguns attacked him !  This board after all is called GHOSTVILLAGE, not FLIRTVILLAGE.  It does cost Jeff money to run this board and in my opinion the board should be used for paranormal conversations and not wasted on all of the flirting. BTW have any of you contributed any money to help with this sight? {I did'nt think so...........} There are plenty of chat rooms out there for that.  As far as telling Wayne to get a life...............seems to me that some of you need to get a life, meet people face to face  rather than hiding behind your computer screens trying to impress someone! Calling Wayne mentally challenged was TOTALLY uncalled for!  I just think you were WAY out of line!
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#22 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 04:15 PM

Okay everyone, I am going to just step in here.

Someone posted their thoughts here.  Some of us agree, some of us don't.  We all have our own opinions and we can state them here.  Lets just remember that and not turn this in to an "ugly" thread.

On that note, I also have to say that the "Real Life" board was created for people to post about things not related to the paranormal world.  I know that some here don't agree with it and they want the focus to only be on the paranormal events, but if you look at it, this is one of the most popular boards.  Most people lives don't revolve around the paranormal and this board was created for people to get to know each other and build the wonderful community that we have growing here.  And everyone here is part of that community and contributes to that community in their own way.

I really haven't seen this spill on to the boards that deal with a paranormal topic.  I know that there are one or two off topic posts out there, but the content of the boards is the discretion of the moderator of that board.  If you do have a problem with a certain board, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do to take care of it.

With that being said, please respect each other and each others opinions.

Thanks

#23 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 15 May 2003 - 04:24 PM

Hi All,

Personally I intensly enjoy posting of the "the War tween the sexes".  The "Real Life Occurances" is the first area I always visit.  The interaction and humor shown gives me a chance to laugh before going to the other areas.  I love witty posts and this section is the place for them.  To the grumps that take offense, the answer is exceedingly simple.  

1.  Don't visit the threads that bother you

2.  Start your own threads and set down your particular guidelines.  I think most will comply to your wishes, but you may find a lack of participation by those who are here to enjoy thenselves as well as learn of the paranormal.

Flying ;)

Hi Susmith,

I will agree with you on one point, on reviewing the posts it does seem that Wayne was battered a bit and that was out-of-line; However, I do stand behind my post which is quoted above.

The problem as I see it is a few that are unhappy with not having "control" over others.  It is not enough for them to enjoy themselves, they insist that everone be stamped in their mold, or else! We have the same problem with individules in government that have this mindset.

I do state that if the Village becomes a sterile draconian environment where folks can't let off some steam, enjoy each other and share paranormal information (along with a little fun) I won't want to be here anymore.

Before you or anyone else points it out:  Yes Ghostvillage got along just fine without me before I joined and I am sure it would survive my leaving;  However, every time you remove a brick from a building it becomes weaker.  Eventually it will fall.  

I don't flirt, at least I don't remember flirting, but if those who do are squashed, that would be a shame.  They make me laugh.  

I say again if anyone is offended, DON"T VISIT THE PARTICULAR THREAD THAT BOTHERS YOU!!!

I really hope that you and Wayne realise this is NOT an attack on either of you.  Just my thoughts. :-/
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#24 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 04:26 PM

Well said Spooky, well said indeed! ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#25 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 15 May 2003 - 04:27 PM

The only Quams I had or have is that someone was attacked on the board visciously.  
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#26 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 04:29 PM

I can't argue with that Susmith, cause youre right on that point. ;)

#27 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 05:56 PM

Hello all,

I have to come to KRC's defense. He said nothing out of line in his first post. He was just stating his opinion. Then in Wayne's response is when the bashing started and yes KRC did retaliate. As far as I'm concerned boys will be boys. But if you notice they have made ammends. They have buried the hatchet through email and both have admitted that they were wrong. Haven't any of you maybe gone off a little bit when you've felt that you or a friend have been attacked? Well...... but like I've said they kissed and made up that very same day. It's all over and should be left that way.  ;)

#28 dntueva

dntueva

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:31 PM

Hi all
I just wanted to say i know I am very new here but it looks like a big family to me.
I have read most of all the posts here  and I like it.

this is the only place I come for information and
to laugh (with you, not at you)

its nice to have a place to come and learn and visit.

Thanks Michael

Posted ImageIt Always Pays To Pay Attention

#29 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 May 2003 - 02:30 AM

:-* krcguns  :-* nonnnie  :-* whispers  :-*willow   :-*jeff  :-*pandora :-*susmith  :-*neenee  :-*flyingorb  :-*wayne  :-*Kats  :-*hunted  :-*all fellow villagers

Hey buddies, does that makes me the flirtest filrt in here  ???

well, let us get to the point. I am not saying this site should be used as a dating service. Yes, this is Jeff's wonderful effort and a board to share our paranormal / supernatural beliefs. But also at the same time it would be interesting to note that the site is named Ghost Village. As in any Village, we have lot of people around, some of us get along well more than we do with others, but we all know each other. Yes, we discuss lot of things here and what is wrong? Now, someone walks around finds that GhostVillage does have discussions on other stuff along with paranormal and finds it offending is fooling themselves! Boy, how would you find a city named Los Angeles and there ain't no angels there!!!!  :;) ??? Let's get real friends. Lets us make this Village a place we share our friendships, no only our intellectuals! And Wayne, I agree with you that some visitors who are willing to join and become involved with us are being scared off, or just not wanting to post. But my friend, if they have no guts to understand what the Village is by signing up, they are not worth it. And Brian (krcguns), right words pal, fun is everything in life. We all have dull and worried and stressed up life in the real world. Atleast when we come here, and yes, paranormal IS A serious subject, these fun and frolic helps rejuvenate the Village. SpookyPants have put it the right words for us - learn to respect and be respected. And if a new person like dntueva have felt being a part of a big family here, well, what more does the Village need! This is a place where I have enjoyed lots, and my friends, THIS Village and the Villagers have taken lot of "insecurity" and "insignificance" OUT of my life. Even in the real life I am a more stronger person AFTER I signed up and moved around the Village lanes. I will never forget the reply of FlyingOrb to one of my early post. And his words have taken me to a new level of existence. Thanks Dennis. And also taking oppurtunity to Thank my good friends in here, Ronda, Brian, Andrei, Willow and PaNdOrA to name a few. Long live Village and Hail Jeff's efforts.

AND HEY! WHERE IS JACK?? ?? ?? ?? ?? and the bottom line is that there are people who can try to make us stand fighting, but when the day is over, in the Village, we are all who are left!

hmmmmm... I was just away for 8 days and see the damage in here!!!!  :) :-*
Posted Image

#30 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 04:45 AM

Hello all,

Haven't any of you maybe gone off a little bit when you've felt that you or a friend have been attacked? Well...... but like I've said they kissed and made up that very same day. It's all over and should be left that way.  ;)

Hi nonnie- guilty as charged, I have went off a few times too!...It's the kissing and making up part thats hard for me.  It has to be done in a Manly sort of way! (translation:  grumble, ignor the problem, finally admit that the other guy might NOT be completely wrong, which by inferance really means that I might have made a tinsy little mistake).  bty nonnie (Flirt, Flirt).

[glow=red,2,300]Welcome dntueva[/glow]

Well said Moon.  "Jack" was a hit and run driver.  He's probably reading all this and laughing at the chaos he caused. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users