• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 frooks

frooks

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:the paranormal is a BIG interest

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

I know it might sound silly but with all the recent hype on vampires it got me thinking about whether vampires could actually be possible? I'm not talking about the people you get these days that are clinically called 'vampires' i mean the ones we are seeing in True Blood or classic vampire films: immortal, drink blood, burn in sunlight...
Authors have wrote about them for years but where did they get the idea from? Surely there must have been some pre-existing belief that they existed for them to write these books about them. To me, it seems likely, i think there are many things we don't even know exist in this world but are actually out there.
It's not like there is no sightings/tales/beliefs etc about vampires. There have been tons of events where it has been rumoured that vampires have been around. The highgate vampire, reports in Birmingham (2005), the chupacabra in Mexico/Cuba, the Tom Petre case in Romania.
It might sound silly, but i'd like to hear people's views on whether they may be possible and if maybe anyone has any personal experiences ?

#2 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

'Lo, Frooks and welcome to GV
I've heard of people who claimed to be vampires but I've never seen suitable evidence to back up the claim.

Now since you mentioned the legends, it seems that most of the European/Mediterranean legends stem from someone who disobeyed God's Law (murdered, took their own life), so my take is that anything symbolic of the Hereafter will cause them to recoil or be destroyed
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#3 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:40 PM

Vampires came from folklore from what people observed from dead bodies. Folkloric vampires had rosy faces and plump bodies because dead bodies will swell as they decompose. Sometimes these bodies would have some fresh blood around the lips, so people thought that they were leaving their graves and taking blood from humans. They were said to suck blood from the abdomen, and other places. When the body was stabbed with a stake, excess gases would escape through the mouth making a groaning sound, which made people think that they were "killing" the vampire. People who were thought to be vampires were outcasts, such as people born with deformities or drunks.
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#4 Apri1

Apri1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:swimming, reading, writing, learning languages at a very slow pace because i'm stupid, video games, movies, music, spooky paranormal stuff

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

What Daewen said is true.

There is a book out there somewhere that had research on what it would take for a real vampire to exist in this world. they had scientific reasons why things would happen and how it could happen. They might have a protein deficiency so they'd need to get the particular kind from human blood. Theirs stomaches would be small because they just have blood. Their brains don't like right angles because it does not exist naturally in nature that is why they do not like crosses or cities.

Anyway this is all fiction and a stretch of their imagination! There was more but that's all I remember.

#5 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:24 PM

You might find older threads about this topic interesting....

Here
Here also
and here
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#6 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:49 AM

I believe there are people who live like vampires. But I don't believe vampires as a mythological being exists.
"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#7 adude11998

adude11998

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:21 AM

vampires are reals but not as such lyk in the movies they lose energy at a fast rate in result they draw energy from other being the fastest way to do this si to drink there blood but there are other ways.

#8 TheGRIMSociety

TheGRIMSociety

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

There are some really interesting stories about vampires in the old texts you can pull up on Google books, etc. The original idea in many cultures was quite different from what modern media has derived and made popular today.

#9 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:25 PM

To the hollywooded myths the nosferatu was human in appearance, but if you look up the myths from Greece or China, its hard to tell that they were once human

#10 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

Vampires!! :weeee:

Interesting concept..I agree with frooks.. The best research is that which ye do on your own... Personally, I'd like to think they are real but over the years i've come to think if they are then they are a dieing bread or the UN has hidden them well in some remote part of the world..
As a teenager, I was obsessed with this theory and so wanted to meet a real one.. At on time I thought I actually did... I had altered my reality by doing an addiction and had an experience that may or maynot have been real...Smoke filled my bedroom and I have this overwhelming intoxicating feeling of sexual pleasure and power.. Born under the influnce of Venus.. Go figure.. Anyway, long story short... Awoke several hours later to get ready for school and these two brownish red marks had appeared on my neck side by side like fain marks and were verry sore.. Although I am alot older now and have grown in Spirit, sometimes I find myself looking in the mirror at the same spot wondering if the experience was really real or a fragement of my imagination..
Wishing ya luck on the Post..
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#11 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:40 AM

Curious, Venus, but hard to be sure since you were in an altered state of consciousness

#12 soulrunner

soulrunner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:gardening is my hobby and one of my jobs

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:04 AM

Are vampires real? no. they are mythical creatures and not the nice good guys they seem to be portrayed. On a lighter note i did used to play one during my D&D days that was afraid of the dark. :D

#13 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to the paranormal,secret societies,fast cars, busty women, human behavior, reading, painting, art, magic/magick(high or low),withchcraft/wicca,candles and hot tubs. Just ask, if you are curious and want the truth, not what you want to hear.

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

Refer to "THE VAMPIRE BOOK, The Encyclopediaa of the Undead" by J. Gordon Melton as probbably the best 1 place source on the topic. As for the various "types" of vampires, these are presented and discussed in a very academic manner. Did they exxist?, well which types?, which culture? etc. Presently, "Psychic Vampires" do exist in various cultures across the world, according to Melton. The same cannot be said for the "living dead"of motion picture fame.interesting that many civilizations had creatures like what is defined as "vampires", in our culture.Sommething that has been a part of many cultures, for that long, must have had something to support their existance in the belief system. Check out the book and see that some notions about vampires might not fit with past cultures.

#14 Moody98

Moody98

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Cemeteries, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, cooking, guitar, skateboarding, horseback riding.

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

I believe in vampires. The undead type that that sleep in coffins in crypts and graves during the day and roam around at night. Ive visited Colma CA. just south of San Francisco which is a town of mostly cemeteries. I believe I've seen a vampire at The Cypress Lawn Cemetery. She was dressed in white covering her whole body including her face. It was during the day and I was standing next to a crypt and about 100 feet away I saw the vampire walking along some graves. It looked like she was walking towards the building where they bring bodies just before burial. Ive also heard noises coming from the inside of a crypt. It sounded like someone mashing a plastic bag in their hands. I heard it on two seperate ocaasions at the same time of day for the same amount of time.

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

There is a possibility that vampires could be entities from another realm, which may be not accessible for humans normally.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users