• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 07:26 PM

So there I was sitting at home Wednesday morning thinking, "Hmmmmm Cinco De Mayo? I'm not going ANYwhere." when the phone rings. It's my boss. They NEED me at Universal for a special event and can I come in NOW? I tell them I have a full beard and it'll take me awhile to trim it down for Oliver Hardy and they say "NO!! We need you WITH the beard." Now I'm intrigued. So I go in. I am put into Rumanian peasent wear, and told that I will be acting as a very special guide for the Van Helsing maze. "But that doesn't open till Friday... like the movie." says I. They say, "OH, this isn't for the public." SO I went over to the maze acting like a terrified villager the entiree way. Beggin them to spare me...blah, blah, blah. When I step behind the closed doors and theres the party I'm guding thru. Maybe you've heard of the nice fellow who caame up and shook my hand? HUGH JACKMAN. What a nice guy. Along with him where his family and four or five of the other cast members who where in town for the preview the night before at City Walk. After we walked the maze we went to the Globe Theatre and I found out one of the people I had guided was Steven Sommers, the writted and director. I found out when he introduced the private screening of the film. I don't know if it was as great as I think it was because it rocks, or because I was just having such a good time. ANYway... la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaa. [smiley=cwm35.gif] [smiley=cwm35.gif] [smiley=cwm35.gif]
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#2 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:19 PM

Some people have all the luck.

#3 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:33 PM

You said it lone

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 May 2004 - 09:32 PM

Some people have all the luck.

and Mykie happens to be one of those SOME people!  [smiley=cwm7.gif]
Posted Image

#5 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 06:07 AM

had mykie rub some of that luck off this way
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#6 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:22 AM

Wow.  You. Touched.  Hugh. Jackman's. Hand.  <sigh>  Jealous.  >:)
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#7 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:19 AM

I second Camille!  

#8 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:17 AM

oh i hate you so much right now
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#9 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:15 AM

Okay, mykie, you just got to do something I'd sell my soul for (or at least an arm or leg :)) I can't believe you got to met THE Hugh Jackman...can, I, uh, touch YOUR hand now, pretty pwease?? ;D If I wasn't so filled with outright jealousy and envy, I'd prolly congratulate you, but...I hate you too much right now, so I'm just gonna sit here with alsie and pout! lol

#10 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:29 PM

Now I shall put a pox on all your unborn. I'll settle for your eternal damnation should you get me an autographed picture!
Don't be a newt!

#11 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:32 PM

i'm with you ana!
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#12 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:40 AM

??? Van Helsing maze  ???
??? Hugh Jackman  ???
Huh?  I feel like such a dinosaur.  At least I know who Oliver Hardy is!  [smiley=cwm1.gif]
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#13 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:54 AM

Flying,

Drive past a movie theather this weekend.  Van  Helsing is a new movie out....
was that meant to tie in with League of Extrodinary Gentleman with Mrs Van Helsing in it???  I think you'd get a kick out of that movie
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#14 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 07:14 AM

Or rent one of the X-Men movies.
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#15 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:28 AM

*sigh*  Let us ladies just sit over in the corner now and sigh over Hugh.  Wolverine...Leopold...Van Helsing....he's all good!

How exciting for you!!
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users